A question about mouse pads...

Hey guys :)

I was looking for a mouse pad to go with my Razer Deathadder 2013, but I'm not sure whether to get a hard plastic one or a cloth pad. I mostly play Battlefield 4, and I play some CS:GO as well.

I know the Steelseries QCK is very highly regarded, but I can't find it in a size small enough to fit on my desk (I know that the Corsair MM200C fits).

So: plastic or cloth?

DROGON: Intel i5-4690K @ 3.5 GHz /// MSI Z97 Gaming 5 /// Corsair Vengeance Pro 2x4GB @ 1600MHz /// EVGA GTX 780 Classified /// Phanteks Enthoo Pro /// Crucial MX100 512GB SSD /// Corsair AX760i /// Corsair H105 /// Corsair Vengeance K70 /// Corsair M45 /// Dell Ultrasharp U2414H /// Build log: completed

I personally prefer the cloth  :lol:

Corsair 400R, i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz 16GB, Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz, Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Motherboard, 240GB Samsung 840 Evo Sata III SSD, 2 x Asus GTX 780 Direct CU2 SLI, Corsair H100i and Corsair AX860i Platinum Power supply.

cloth all the way

Ps : i might be a cloth fanboy  ;)

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Cant play CS:GO with small mouse pad  :(

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Cant play CS:GO with small mouse pad  :(

I suck anyway, I tend to use about the same sensitivity as BF4 just because it doesn't involve running with the mouse to turn around :D

DROGON: Intel i5-4690K @ 3.5 GHz /// MSI Z97 Gaming 5 /// Corsair Vengeance Pro 2x4GB @ 1600MHz /// EVGA GTX 780 Classified /// Phanteks Enthoo Pro /// Crucial MX100 512GB SSD /// Corsair AX760i /// Corsair H105 /// Corsair Vengeance K70 /// Corsair M45 /// Dell Ultrasharp U2414H /// Build log: completed

Hard surface mousepads normally don't have the greatest... Control feel? For most hard surface mouse pads it's very smooth. Cloth mousepads can also be crazy smooth as well, but you'll definitely feel the mousepad more on a cloth surface, in most cases.

You could also go with deskpads. I have a Mionix Sargas 900 which will likely be too big for your desk. But there are other large surface mousepads that might cover your desk entirely. That way the entire surface becomes a mousepad.

LTT Recruit: Tacoma | Organization: UOLTT Conglomerate | Group: Salvage and Military | Fleet: Anvil Carrack, Aegis Retaliator and CO Mustang Omega

Appreciation to: artofinca.com | UOLTT Conglomerate on RSI and LTT

If you don't know what my avatar is, it's from: Silverhawks

There are hybrid pads available, like Zowie TF Speed series and CM Storm Power-RX. 

cloth one.

I only ever had 3 mouse pad (decent one except those 1.5$ a piece of junk and the 10$ mouse pad with anime boobs from comic alley).

The corsair ext (long ass one) (forgot)

Razer goliathus large (the big ass one) (Speed)

razer goliathus  ext (long ass one) (Control)

for me I love the plain look of the corsair one but the goliathus one ain't so bad.

I had stuff like this they are fine http://comicalley.net/products/m0182-mm-40-silicon-mouse-pad

Live your life like a dream.

cloth one.

I only ever had 3 mouse pad (decent one except those 1.5$ a piece of junk and the 10$ mouse pad with anime boobs from comic alley).

The corsair ext (long ass one) (forgot)

Razer goliathus large (the big ass one) (Speed)

razer goliathus  ext (long ass one) (Control)

for me I love the plain look of the corsair one but the goliathus one ain't so bad.

I had stuff like this they are fine http://comicalley.net/products/m0182-mm-40-silicon-mouse-pad

I've always wanted one of those.

LTT Recruit: Tacoma | Organization: UOLTT Conglomerate | Group: Salvage and Military | Fleet: Anvil Carrack, Aegis Retaliator and CO Mustang Omega

I've always wanted one of those.

I got quite a number of them xD. they are awesome btw. 

I got a lacus one and some from codegease and other stuff too ^_^.

Live your life like a dream.

I got quite a number of them xD. they are awesome btw. 

I got a lacus one and some from codegease and other stuff too ^_^.

hahaha. I'll probably look into it one day for fun. Code Geass ones would be legit. I'd have to find a Kallen.

You could also go with deskpads. I have a

which will likely be too big for your desk. But there are other large surface mousepads that might cover your desk entirely. That way the entire surface becomes a mousepad.

I was thinking about getting one of those actually. What I might do is get a second desk for the tower and paperwork, then I'd be able to fit a deskpad like that quite nicely.

I was thinking about getting one of those actually. What I might do is get a second desk for the tower and paperwork, then I'd be able to fit a deskpad like that quite nicely.

If it's in the budget and can be accomplished, I'd do it. I won't use anything but a deskpad from now on. Feels good on the forearms as well.

If it's in the budget and can be accomplished, I'd do it. I won't use anything but a deskpad from now on. Feels good on the forearms as well.

It'll just be a £15 tabletop and four legs from IKEA, shouldn't be much of a problem. And I have a ton of space in my room that wants filling :)

It would also let me get my hands closer together without having an edge there, and it would stop my keyboard from slipping. I really don't know why I'm trying to sell it to you...

It'll just be a £15 tabletop and four legs from IKEA, shouldn't be much of a problem. And I have a ton of space in my room that wants filling :)

It would also let me get my hands closer together without having an edge there, and it would stop my keyboard from slipping. I really don't know why I'm trying to sell it to you...

hahaha. Listen to your heart, FullNuclear. Listen to your heart.

Corsair makes a fantastic one. http://www.corsair.com/us/gaming-peripherals/gaming-mouse-pads/corsair-mm200-gaming-mouse-mat-extended-edition.html

Mionix makes the one I own and I am in love with it. http://mionix.net/products/sargas-900/

Steelseries has a giant one, but it's not rectangular. http://shop.steelseries.com/us/surfaces.html?gclid=CJrlh8T43bwCFRSPfgodUVoACg

Razer has two of them, one for control and one for speed.

There's likely many more as well.

you mean this?

http://www.amazon.com/Code-Geass-Kallen-Mouse-Pad/dp/images/B004GUX70K

I got the green haired one nyahahaha

Oh, CC. Will your pride every return.