RAM

Im currently using a pc with an msi a320m pro vh plus motherboard and an amd ryzen 2200g and on my mb specs it says this- • Support DDR4 1866/2133/2400/2667/2933(OC)/3200(OC) Mhz* does this mean that i cant get past 3200 mhz ram? like will it not work with 3600mhz

1 minute ago, Chonk said:

Im currently using a pc with an msi a320m pro vh plus motherboard and an amd ryzen 2200g and on my mb specs it says this- • Support DDR4 1866/2133/2400/2667/2933(OC)/3200(OC) Mhz* does this mean that i cant get past 3200 mhz ram? like will it not work with 3600mhz

You can run any speed you want on your RAM. The question is will it be stable.

From the specifications on the MSI website it does look like it will only support up to 3200MHz DDR4 Memory modules, you potentially could put 3600MHz modules into the slots, but they would underclock to 3200MHz, and it's not recommended.

chances are you will not have access to a 3600MHz XMP profile. And since you can't OC on A320, you can't manually achieve those speeds either. 

In the future, don't expect high performance on such a low end board. Or CPU for that matter. The 2200G packs a first gen Ryzen architecture with a first gen memory controller, which wasn't even very certain to get 3200MHz in the first place.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, LordAbolition said:

so would you reccomend not buying 3600 and buying 3200 or buying 3600

1 minute ago, Chonk said:

Yes you could install other speeds of DDR4 memory such as 3600MHz DDR4 RAM, although it will function at the speed of 3200MHz RAM. You could use slower than 1866MHz DDR4 RAM, although it will function at the speed of the slower component (either the limitation of the motherboard of the limitation of the RAM.

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

Just now, Chonk said:

I recommend buying a better board. Something like MSI ProSeries B450-A PRO.

2 minutes ago, Chonk said:

Unless you are going to use the memory in a different motherboard later on which supports 3600MHz DDR4, there isn't really a reason to buy the 3600MHz DDR4 RAM, unless it costs the same or extremely similar to the 3200MHz DDR4 RAM.

@Boomwebsearch 

I have a  b450m/ac and only have an XMP profile for 3200, which is fine for me.

8 minutes ago, Boomwebsearch said:

Unless you are going to use the memory in a different motherboard later on which supports 3600MHz DDR4, there isn't really a reason to buy the 3600MHz DDR4 RAM, unless it costs the same or extremely similar to the 3200MHz DDR4 RAM.

8 minutes ago, LordAbolition said:

I recommend buying a better board. Something like MSI ProSeries B450-A PRO.

10 minutes ago, Boomwebsearch said:

Yes you could install other speeds of DDR4 memory such as 3600MHz DDR4 RAM, although it will function at the speed of 3200MHz RAM. You could use slower than 1866MHz DDR4 RAM, although it will function at the speed of the slower component (either the limitation of the motherboard of the limitation of the RAM.

10 minutes ago, Chonk said:

11 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

chances are you will not have access to a 3600MHz XMP profile. And since you can't OC on A320, you can't manually achieve those speeds either. 

In the future, don't expect high performance on such a low end board. Or CPU for that matter. The 2200G packs a first gen Ryzen architecture with a first gen memory controller, which wasn't even very certain to get 3200MHz in the first place.

11 minutes ago, Nixxie_Spark said:

From the specifications on the MSI website it does look like it will only support up to 3200MHz DDR4 Memory modules, you potentially could put 3600MHz modules into the slots, but they would underclock to 3200MHz, and it's not recommended.

11 minutes ago, LordAbolition said:

also on my motherboard specs it list these as the only 3200 mhz ram compatible but they are all single channel 8gb memory so does this mean that this is the only memory i can use?

ram.PNG

Just now, Chonk said:

also on my motherboard specs it list these as the only 3200 mhz ram compatible but they are all single channel 8gb memory so does this mean that this is the only memory i can use?

The qvl for memory compatibility is never entirely accurate, you can probably find a good few 3200 16GB kits that work fine in this board, but the odds of good performance are too low.

Imo, a DDR4 3000 kit is best here. Relatively inexpensive, and better chance for full speeds (or 2933 if you have to make a small concession) with a Zen memory controller.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

17 minutes ago, Chonk said:

For most use cases, DDR4 3200MHz should be more than sufficient, I would recommend this kit of DDR4 3200MHz memory for price to performance:        https://pcpartpicker.com/product/mcH8TW/gskill-aegis-16-gb-2-x-8-gb-ddr4-3200-memory-f4-3200c16d-16gis

9e003e10740c0e04136649de59fa2ab5.256p.jpg

@Boomwebsearch