I have a Bottleneck??

Rexo2

Hi! I am using a ryzen 5 3600 3.6ghz on a gigabyte aorus b450 pro mobo, hyperx fury 16gb ram ddr4 at 3200mhz and a gigabyte gtx 1060 g1 gaming 6gb ddr5 and i wanna know if my gpu is too low for the cpu and makes a bottleneck. For example in Forza Horizon 4 with all settings on Ultra i have an average of 100fps, the thing is that TaskManager shows me that CPU is at 45-50% utilization and the GPU at 15%. In HWMonitor shows me that CPU is at 50-50% and the GPU at 100%. I have pretty decent temps also (60°C on cpu and 60-65°C on GPU). Also i was thinking about to OC the CPU and take it to 4.2ghz and i wanna know if that would make a difference considering my GPU and if its worth it making that OC. Or upgrade my GPU to a RTX 2060 and then OC the cpu? I just wanna know your opinions about this and what should i do. 

Your GPU definitely isn't at 15% utilization if you're getting 100 fps on ultra.

Your system can definitely benefit from a graphics card upgrade

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

13 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

you've just asked this in another post 1h ago. why start another thread?

Because i was not shure if the topic was right where i posted, since my issue is about gaming....sorry if i bothered you with smth. Thanks! 

4 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Your GPU definitely isn't at 15% utilization if you're getting 100 fps on ultra.

I was thinking about that too, but i wante to knoe others opinions. I will do an upgrade, i was thinking about a asus rtx 2060 6gb ddr6 256-bit. Also, should i try and OC the CPU to 4.2ghz, it will make a differnece. Thanks for the reply! 

1 minute ago, Rexo2 said:

I was thinking about that too, but i wante to knoe others opinions. I will do an upgrade, i was thinking about a asus rtx 2060 6gb ddr6 256-bit. Also, should i try and OC the CPU to 4.2ghz, it will make a differnece. Thanks for the reply! 

OC the graphics card first

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

59 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

My guess is that they alt tabbed a full screen game.

I find that this causes task manager to either not see that the gpu is rendering, or more likely is that gpu isn’t rendering in the minimized state. Hence the drop.