Corsair RGB Questions

Pancake

I am totally out of the loop with regards to RGB... so forgive me

I want to build a new machine with some Corsair LL140 RGB Fans, and some CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro memory

Other than the fans themselves and the DIMM's themselves, do I need anything else to control all the RGB? It looks like some kind of hub may be required for the fans, what about the memory?

Just now, Pancake said:

I am totally out of the loop with regards to RGB... so forgive me

I want to build a new machine with some Corsair LL140 RGB Fans, and some CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro memory

Other than the fans themselves and the DIMM's themselves, do I need anything else to control all the RGB? It looks like some kind of hub may be required for the fans, what about the memory?

For the memory you don't need anything else.

The fans have two cables that come out of them; an RGB cable and a fan cable. The fan cable just plugs into your motherboard, the RGB cable goes to a hub.

What exactly are you buying? As in how many fans? in what quantity (as the LL140 comes in a pack of two or just by itself)? 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

You need their fan controller and RGB controller, which are separate, for the fans atleast. The fan controller is only if you will be using more than your motherboard would support.  The memory itself is plug and play, just use iCue

Moist