Frame Drops in and out of Games - Windows 10 64bit - Recent Restore - GPU Issue?

My PC is having a frame drop issue. This happens in and out of games, literally at any time. My PC will be running smoothly, then abruptly drop down to 0fps for ~3 seconds. I have been troubleshooting this issue for weeks, replacing and trying new parts. I have finally upgraded my motherboard, which I assumed was the final thing to check, and my issue persists. 

In the list below, my PSU, MOBO, and RAM are all less than a month old, and I purchased the 2080ti roughly around the release of the Valve Index. Unfortunately I cannot pinpoint exactly when this issue started happening. MOBO was purchased "used" from NewEgg but it arrived quite literally brand new. 

PC Specs:

Processor: Intel i7-5960x

Mobo: Asus Rampage V Edition 10 - BIOS 2101

Graphics: EVGA RTX2080ti FTW3

RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 4x16 (64GB)

PSU: Seasonic 1000w

Windows 10 Home Insider version 2004. Build 19613.1005. 

Can confirm that my drivers are all up to date. CPU and GPU do not spike in temperature nor performance when these frame drops happen. CPU sits idle at ~30C and GPU sits idle at ~35C. 

This issue persists with and without OC to CPU and GPU. As well as with or without XMP profile for the RAM. 

I have fiddled with various NVIDIA control panel and Windows power settings endlessly. Currently everything is running 100% stock at the time of typing this. 

Thanks ahead of time. 

EDIT: After reinstalling Windows and installing quite literally nothing but Discord and a singular game through BNet, I have noticed that my lag issue only starts occuring after the PC being on for several hours. Even after gaming heavily all day, my temperature readings are still cool. This is leading to me to possibly believe that one of my temperature sensors is faulty and possibly the GPU is running too hot? Would love some insight from the community! Thanks ahead of time. 

Edited by LeonardDons
Periodic update.

20 minutes ago, LeonardDons said:

My PC is having a frame drop issue. This happens in and out of games, literally at any time. My PC will be running smoothly, then abruptly drop down to 0fps for ~3 seconds. I have been troubleshooting this issue for weeks, replacing and trying new parts. I have finally upgraded my motherboard, which I assumed was the final thing to check, and my issue persists. 

In the list below, my PSU, MOBO, and RAM are all less than a month old, and I purchased the 2080ti roughly around the release of the Valve Index. Unfortunately I cannot pinpoint exactly when this issue started happening. MOBO was purchased "used" from NewEgg but it arrived quite literally brand new. 

PC Specs:

Processor: Intel i7-5960x

Mobo: Asus Rampage V Edition 10 - BIOS 2101

Graphics: EVGA RTX2080ti FTW3

RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 4x16 (64GB)

PSU: Seasonic 1000w

Windows 10 Home Insider version 2004. Build 19613.1005. 

Can confirm that my drivers are all up to date. CPU and GPU do not spike in temperature nor performance when these frame drops happen. CPU sits idle at ~30C and GPU sits idle at ~35C. 

This issue persists with and without OC to CPU and GPU. As well as with or without XMP profile for the RAM. 

I have fiddled with various NVIDIA control panel and Windows power settings endlessly. Currently everything is running 100% stock at the time of typing this. 

Thanks ahead of time. 

Please post an image of  your Memory performance in Task Manager. Preferably while a gaming is running.

12 minutes ago, LordAbolition said:

Please post an image of  your Memory performance in Task Manager. Preferably while a gaming is running.

I opened up Cod:MW and went into a random story mode mission. 

Annotation 2020-04-30 120537.png

Annotation 2020-04-30 120747.png

Annotation 2020-04-30 120814.png

2 minutes ago, LeonardDons said:

I opened up Cod:MW and went into a random story mode mission. 

Annotation 2020-04-30 120537.png

Annotation 2020-04-30 120747.png

Annotation 2020-04-30 120814.png

When I had a problem with stuttering on my games, it was because of the cached RAM. Do me a favor, since there is no harm in trying it.

https://www.wagnardsoft.com/content/intelligent-standby-list-cleaner-v1000-released

Download that, open it, and click Start. The Cached should be cleared on your Memory. Please let me know if you are still experiencing the frame stuttering.

20 minutes ago, LordAbolition said:

When I had a problem with stuttering on my games, it was because of the cached RAM. Do me a favor, since there is no harm in trying it.

https://www.wagnardsoft.com/content/intelligent-standby-list-cleaner-v1000-released

Download that, open it, and click Start. The Cached should be cleared on your Memory. Please let me know if you are still experiencing the frame stuttering.

I'm sorry, I'm not sure what this tool does/is supposed to be doing. Do I open it hit start then leave it open? 

Just now, LeonardDons said:

I'm sorry, I'm not sure what this tool does/is supposed to be doing. Do I open it hit start then leave it open? 

Yes, hit start and leave it open. Then go back to the game and see if it's still stutters.

12 minutes ago, LordAbolition said:

Yes, hit start and leave it open. Then go back to the game and see if it's still stutters.

I left it opened and played a match of Call of Duty and I didn't have my usual stuttering issue. Thank you for the suggestion! I am going to continue to use my PC/play games today and I will mark this as solved this evening if I don't run into the issue again. 

1 minute ago, LeonardDons said:

I left it opened and played a match of Call of Duty and I didn't have my usual stuttering issue. Thank you for the suggestion! I am going to continue to use my PC/play games today and I will mark this as solved this evening if I don't run into the issue again. 

That's great! This program really helped me out a lot. I'm glad it's doing you justice as well. Best of luck!

7 hours ago, LordAbolition said:

That's great! This program really helped me out a lot. I'm glad it's doing you justice as well. Best of luck!

Just an update for you and anyone else that might've stumbled onto this thread. I've had my computer on all day using it sparingly. The issue started happening about 30 minutes ago at the time I'm posting this. Temperatures are reading fine by the way. 38C GPU, CPU ~30C all cores. 

EDIT: I decided to fully restore Windows. I am going to run my PC fully restored and install one or two games just to see. 

Edited by LeonardDons
Periodic update