2 Drives Not Detected by BIOS

Hello All,

I'm currently on an ASUS B-350M-A Prime motherboard using a 256gb M.2 Crucial MX300 as my boot drive. I used my PC like this for awhile, but, because it's not that large, I have also tried to install an old 1tb WD Blue and a new 500gb 860 Evo for extra storage. When I first plugged in the drives, neither of them were detected by BIOS.Hoping the problem was just faulty SATA cables, I ordered new cables to see if that would fix the issue to no avail. I don't think the problem is the power as the peripheral power cable I plugged the drives into is also plugged into my case fan controller which powers my two case fans, and both fans do spin when I turn the PC on. I also tried unplugging the WD Blue to see if it would make a difference to just plug in the 860 Evo, but that made no difference either. I have tried flashing my BIOS, installing Chipset drivers, installing the Samsung Magician app, and none of it seems to help detect the SSD or HDD. Please let me know any advice you might have!

I have the exact same motherboard. Do you have an M.2 drive installed? If yes, then thats whats wrong. Its blocking some of the SATA ports. Try out each SATA port for the drives. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2020 at 4:07 AM, thewill102 said:

I have the exact same motherboard. Do you have an M.2 drive installed? If yes, then thats whats wrong. Its blocking some of the SATA ports. Try out each SATA port for the drives. 

Hey, thanks so much for this advice! I had forgotten about the other SATA ports hidden under the GPU! This advice worked perfect!