Front Panel Type C Issue

I’m currently looking at a new case for my PC, however the case has a USB Type C connector in the front IO. My motherboard does not have one of the USB 3.1 Type C headers. Are there any ways to fix this issue? I can’t seem to find the right adapter.

By the way the Case I was looking at was the Lian Li PC-011DX on Amazon, if it helps.

Thanks for any help.

Hey there. LIAN LI does offer a USB 3.1 to USB 3.0 converter. (I believe you plug in your USB 3.1 Type-C into the dongle(?) thing, then plug the dongle(?) thing into the USB 3.0 slot in your motherboard. Someone please correct me if I'm mistaken.)

41-wT31cfOL._SY355_.jpg     inc1tr-08.jpg

Also, would you mind listing your motherboard model? I'd like to confirm whether it does or does not support USB 3.1, just for peace of mind. 😉

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

10 hours ago, Eschew said:

Hey there. LIAN LI does offer a USB 3.1 to USB 3.0 converter. (I believe you plug in your USB 3.1 Type-C into the dongle(?) thing, then plug the dongle(?) thing into the USB 3.0 slot in your motherboard. Someone please correct me if I'm mistaken.)

Also, would you mind listing your motherboard model? I'd like to confirm whether it does or does not support USB 3.1, just for peace of mind. 😉

Note that this converter still only gives you USB 3.1 Gen 1 (aka 3.0) speeds. If you want to take better advantage of your USB Type C port and use USB 3.1 Gen 2, you'd be better off with a PCI-E card like this one. (USB C also supports USB 3.2 Gen 2x2, but that's so new that I couldn't find a card for it. The only card I found provided an external port, not an internal.)

Side note, I think it's really funny that in the Lian Li image they show the converter on a motherboard right next to a native 3.1 port....

10 hours ago, Eschew said:

Hi, thanks so much for the help, I have a MSI MPG x570 Gaming Edge Wifi motherboard

38 minutes ago, fordy_rounds said:

Note that this converter still only gives you USB 3.1 Gen 1 (aka 3.0) speeds. If you want to take better advantage of your USB Type C port and use USB 3.1 Gen 2, you'd be better off with a PCI-E card like this one. (USB C also supports USB 3.2 Gen 2x2, but that's so new that I couldn't find a card for it. The only card I found provided an external port, not an internal.)

Side note, I think it's really funny that in the Lian Li image they show the converter on a motherboard right next to a native 3.1 port....

I am fine with the slower speeds, I don’t even use Type C that much, I just don’t want to leave it unplugged, thanks for the comment though.