Phone upgrade advuce

I want yo upgrade from my metro pcs samsung Galaxy A20. Budget no more than 400$ USA

WHAT recommendations 

• What don't you like from your current device?
  • Do you prefer ios or are you an android guy? If android, do you prefer the stock version os anything will do?
  • Any particular preference?
  • What carrier?

Just watched a vid where dude was testing iPhone SE which is in that range.  It apparently holds up against $700 phones except for really awful battery life.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

10 minutes ago, EL02 said:

What carrier?

The original post includes detail to suggest that the carrier would be Metro PCS.

18 minutes ago, Jay_b said:

I want yo upgrade from my metro pcs samsung Galaxy A20. Budget no more than 400$ USA

WHAT recommendations 

Why are you looking to upgrade from the Galaxy A20 (ex, battery life, screen size/quality, impact resistance, storage/RAM, processing speed, camera, etc)?

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

2 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

How did you find the screen on your A20? Its 720p AMOLED. Battery life? Internal storage and multitasking ability?

For $400, a performance bump is a given. MetroPCS runs on T-Mobile which uses GSM.

It'd be a shame to ask for something under $400 and only to fail that criteria.

T-Mobile is not gsm.  I’m. Not sure if anyone is gsm anymore.  It used to be only att

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Google is quite helpful

The US carriers (except the communist Verizon) are shifting towards GSM.

“Are shifting” huh?  As in “has shifted”?  Verizon won’t because they use a different type of receiver with twice the range and can use fewer towers to cover more area. How does this make them “communist?”  Such absurd Misuse of that word alone makes me doubt your claim.  I’ll look it up though.  My data comes from the original creation of the networks.  The only network that ever had any gsm receivers was Att.  Anything 3g wasn’t gsm either.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/GSM  So basically no one uses gsm including Europe.  Gsm is, or was, one of the 2g standards.

That’s gprs not gsm.  

10 hours ago, Jay_b said:

WHAT recommendations 

Hey, the A20 should still be current and work fine (even though it's very much a budget phone). It looks like the choices are already made out for you: 

- iPhone SE

- wait for Pixel 4a

Why am I seeing the Samsung A70 price at $400 or less?

And I refuse to go apple 

7 minutes ago, Jay_b said:

And I refuse to go apple 

It does seem like a pretty questionable idea with that battery life issue ignoring the Appleness or non appleness

For one is storage. Even with an sd card at the rate apps are updating I'm fast losing internal storage. Second, processor.those are the biggest issues.

So SD card is a hard requirement for you.  

No. I was saying my sd card is irrelevant when apps cant be transferred so are eating away at my little 32 GB. When I looked on Amazon I can get an unlocked galaxy A70 for $330. That pretty much upgrades everything.  PROCESSOR, RAM,SCREEN,128GB internal. I just haven't seen anyone recommend it 

I would suggest the Xiaomi Mi 9t pro/K20 pro.

64GB of storage

Sd 855

3 minutes ago, Jay_b said:

No. I was saying my sd card is irrelevant when apps cant be transferred so are eating away at my little 32 GB. When I looked on Amazon I can get an unlocked galaxy A70 for $330. That pretty much upgrades everything.  PROCESSOR, RAM,SCREEN,128GB internal. I just haven't seen anyone recommend it 

So not SD even though you just mentioned SD as a requirement.  So it’s pure appleness.  Or rather you’ve already picked a device and are annoyed it’s not being recommended thereby justifying your decision to yourself.  Or something.  This whole thing is getting confusing to me.  

12 minutes ago, Jay_b said:

No. I was saying my sd card is irrelevant when apps cant be transferred so are eating away at my little 32 GB. When I looked on Amazon I can get an unlocked galaxy A70 for $330. That pretty much upgrades everything.  PROCESSOR, RAM,SCREEN,128GB internal. I just haven't seen anyone recommend it .

That sd675 is kinda meh for $330.

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

So not SD even though you just mentioned SD as a requirement.  So it’s pure appleness.  Or rather you’ve already picked a device and are annoyed it’s not being recommended thereby justifying your decision to yourself.  Or something.  This whole thing is getting confusing to me.  

No I haven't picked a device.  I was browsing and saw the a70 and was curious why no one recommended it. Just because I mentioned one doesn't mean that's the one I'm getting even unconsciously if you will. Someone finally recommended one and it looks promising 

Yeah those are looking good.