Air cooling system changes

JoseCalvi1

Hello everyone,

First, sorry for my english,

I am thinking of changing the ventilation system of my pc (auxiliary fans and cpu cooler)

since summer is coming and temperatures are rising, although it is also because it makes more noise

than I would like.

Right now what I have is:

- Case: NZXT s340 Black / Blue with its two pre-installed fans

- Cpu Cooler: Stock R5 3600x (AMD Wraith Spire)

- Extra fans: Artic F12 White x2

What I plan to buy is this pack to change all the fans

supplementary:

https://www.amazon.es/Arctic-P12-PWM-Value-Pack/dp/B07HC782D5/ref=sr_1_1? 2C166 & sr = 8-1

and to change the cpu cooler I am hesitating between the Noctua NH u12s chromax.black or the Cooler Master Hyper212 Black Edition:

https://www.amazon.es/Noctua-NH-U12S-chromax-Black-Disipador-Torre/dp/B07Y88BNYZ/ref=sr_1_1?__mk_es_ES=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&dchild=1&keywords=noctua+nhu12s+black&qid=15879

https://www.amazon.es/Cooler-Master-Hyper-Black-Enfriador/dp/B07H9HJLG5/ref=sr_1_1?__mk_es_ES=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&crid=MDIR69GBMGAS&dchild=1&keywords=cooler+128bqqqqq+ cooler + master% 2Caps% 2C169 & sr = 8-1

I'm doubting the price, I don't know if the extra cost that the noctua has is profitable enough to spend 30 $ more on it.

The U12S is a lot better than the 212

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 hour ago, Fasauceome said:

The U12S is a lot better than the 212

I know, butt its worth it if i have to save the overprice?

How much is the difference in temperature or sound? 

5 minutes ago, JoseCalvi1 said:

If you are getting the 3600X, the 212 evo is not worth it over the wraith spire cooler that is included. You don't really need to buy either cooler.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

If you are getting the 3600X, the 212 evo is not worth it over the wraith spire cooler that is included. You don't really need to buy either cooler.

Okey, thanks you, Im going to save for the noctua

1 hour ago, JoseCalvi1 said:

Far better.  Noctua is known to be very silent. Here's an interesting video comparing it to some AIOs.

Main Rig :

Ryzen 7 2700X | Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8 GB | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 | 16 GB TeamGroup Elite 2400MHz | Samsung 750 EVO 240 GB | HGST 7200 RPM 1 TB | Seasonic M12II EVO | CoolerMaster Q300L | Dell U2518D | Dell P2217H | 

Laptop :

Thinkpad X230 | i5 3320M | 8 GB DDR3 | V-Gen 128 GB SSD |

20 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

The link is not for Evo, its for 212 BE. Which is newest model, and performs much closer to U12S. 212 BE is (based on reviews) very close to Dark Rock 4. So imo paying $30 more is not worth it.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

What ram are you using?

Are all of your fans too noisy? What are your temps and what rpm are your fans running at?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

On 4/28/2020 at 12:26 PM, LogicalDrm said:

The link is not for Evo, its for 212 BE. Which is newest model, and performs much closer to U12S. 212 BE is (based on reviews) very close to Dark Rock 4. So imo paying $30 more is not worth it.

So, you would buy the 212 BE if you are short of money?

On 4/29/2020 at 9:02 AM, WoodenMarker said:

What ram are you using?

Are all of your fans too noisy? What are your temps and what rpm are your fans running at?

Im using the Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 16GB 2x8GB CL16. My fans are little noisy, but i want to change theme cause i want pwm fans. They are all at 40% except cpu fan that increase with temp, but in lobbies is at 60ºC and in game at ~75%

53 minutes ago, JoseCalvi1 said:

So, you would buy the 212 BE if you are short of money?

Yes, if you want RGB.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

9 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Yes, if you want RGB.

But there is an option with no RGB. There is a 212 BE and a 212 RGB BE(Reviews says that the rgb fan is better, but i prefer with no RGB)

8 minutes ago, JoseCalvi1 said:

But there is an option with no RGB. There is a 212 BE and a 212 RGB BE(Reviews says that the rgb fan is better, but i prefer with no RGB)

Ah, sorry. I was half at sleep. Anyway, what I meant that there are other options in same price range which are more or less equivalent in performance and can be somewhat cheaper. Freezer 33, a solid budget pick. Pure Rock Slim, the one that put final nail to 212 Evo's coffin as king of budget coolers (Cryorig H7 was the first to beat the king).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

16 hours ago, JoseCalvi1 said:

Im using the Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 16GB 2x8GB CL16. My fans are little noisy, but i want to change theme cause i want pwm fans. They are all at 40% except cpu fan that increase with temp, but in lobbies is at 60ºC and in game at ~75%

The Phantom would be better: https://es.pcpartpicker.com/product/6C4BD3/gelid-solutions-phantom-cpu-cooler-cc-phantom-01-a

The front fan might not fit with the ram but you could use it for rear exhaust instead. That along with a pair of P14 PWM PST's for front intake should be plenty for cooling. https://www.amazon.es/ARCTIC-P14-Ventilador-velocidad-sincrónicamente/dp/B07GZJY4TM

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.