Exposed Enameled Copper for psu instead of cables

kobart1101

I might be overlooking something but would this in theory be possible? Does anyone know if this has been done before? I tried looking around but couldn't find anything. Clearly this would be a very custom cable but there doesn't seem to be much online. Just think it could look really neat in some builds.

3 minutes ago, kobart1101 said:

I might be overlooking something but would this in theory be possible? Does anyone know if this has been done before? I tried looking around but couldn't find anything. Clearly this would be a very custom cable but there doesn't seem to be much online. Just think it could look really neat in some builds.

theoretically, sure why not , you might even find the same gauge of cable as the normal psu cables

8 hours ago, kobart1101 said:

I've seen it done but only once before, they essentially had hardline wiring extensions using thick enameled wiring which they then coated over once more to match their color scheme. The part that needs to be done correctly is how to support the wires on the trailing end that then goes to the PSU and ensuring you have a nice soldered connection to the connector crimp that goes into the component.