Laptop Suggestions for Computer Engineering

So i will buy a laptop and use it for at least 5 years. I'm figuring out should i really spend more 300 dollars more for not much of a diffrence? I mean by that Ryzen 5 3500u vs I7-10510u. I can buy lenovo thinkpad e495 Ryzen 5 3500u for 600 dollars. Or a Ryzen 5 3500u Acer Swift 3 SF314-41G with Radeon RX540X which is 60 dollars cheaper than thinkpad. Or i will just buy i7-10510u Dell Inspıron for 900 dollars. Which one you think i should go for? Should i pay 100-200 dollars more and get something even better or these ones are enough?

That Inspiron has heat and power issues so it will likely be slower than the well cooked Ryzen 5 in the ThinkPad

13 minutes ago, Arda Na said:

If you can't wait for Ryzen 4000 ULV laptops, at least get a proper one like that ThinkPad. Generally, ThinkPad, EliteBook and Latitude models are where you should be focusing your search efforts as these are business class machines and are built to survive long years of use and abuse. Most have dirt, water and shock resistance and come with far superior electrical quality and components.

As for performance, see about a 3700U or 8565U model with 16GB RAM and an SSD

Just now, 5x5 said:

If you can't wait for Ryzen 4000 ULV laptops, at least get a proper one like that ThinkPad. Generally, ThinkPad, EliteBook and Latitude models are where you should be focusing your search efforts as these are business class machines and are built to survive long years of use and abuse. Most have dirt, water and shock resistance and come with far superior electrical quality and components.

As for performance, see about a 3700U or 8565U model with 16GB RAM and an SSD

I can wait tho in my country prices only getting higher and higher not lower so i should buy a laptop now. Or can you give what you think estimated prices will be i will think about it.

And isn't 3500u and 3700u so close performance wise?

Just now, Arda Na said:

I can wait tho in my country prices only getting higher and higher not lower so i should buy a laptop now. Or can you give what you think estimated prices will be i will think about it.

Well, mid range models are supposedly coming in at 500-600$ for the six core Ryzen 5 4500U and 4600U models. The eight core 4800U is coming in at about 1000$.

The reasons for waiting are that the 4000 series so far perform massively better than anything currently on the market and offer vastly superior power efficiency and better battery life

Just now, Arda Na said:

And isn't 3500u and 3700u so close performance wise?

The 3700U has about 10% more CPu performance and 15-20% better GPU performance since it has two more Vega CUs to work with