BO4 Extremely high disk usage

Go to solution Solved by Skiiwee29,
19 minutes ago, NZgamer said:

How much RAM?

according to a previous post, 8gb of RAM when they had troubles with COD WW2.

OP, upgrade your RAM to 16gb to alleviate any issues. As mentioned by @xAcid9 you're running into a system memory bottleneck causing an offload to your hard drive. Once you upgrade to 16gb, your problems should be resolved with both games. 

Please help I don't know what's wrong. 

I've reinstalled the game 3-4 times and it doesn't fix it. 

IMG_20200426_203210.jpg

Probably ran out of RAM to use and start using HDD swap files. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

19 minutes ago, NZgamer said:

How much RAM?

according to a previous post, 8gb of RAM when they had troubles with COD WW2.

OP, upgrade your RAM to 16gb to alleviate any issues. As mentioned by @xAcid9 you're running into a system memory bottleneck causing an offload to your hard drive. Once you upgrade to 16gb, your problems should be resolved with both games. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

2 hours ago, xAcid9 said:

Probably ran out of RAM to use and start using HDD swap files. 

Hmmm... So it had always been the RAM no matter where I search. 

Understood, thank you. 

2 hours ago, handymanshandle said:

What above said. Black Ops 4 is extremely heavy on RAM and if you don't have at least 12GB in your system, it'll struggle quite hard.

Gee... I was here thinking consoles being able to run it meant the games would be easier to run on PC. 

Nope. Spec requirements are higher on PC. 

3 minutes ago, Nana6541 said:

Gee... I was here thinking consoles being able to run it meant the games would be easier to run on PC. 

Nope. Spec requirements are higher on PC. 

Consoles have a static, defined configurations thats never going to change, making it much easier for developers to tune, tweak, and optimize for that very specific set of hardware requirements. PC on the other hand, can have hundreds, if not thousands of different variations and configurations making it much harder on Developers to optimize for every single configuration. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

1 hour ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Consoles have a static, defined configurations thats never going to change, making it much easier for developers to tune, tweak, and optimize for that very specific set of hardware requirements. PC on the other hand, can have hundreds, if not thousands of different variations and configurations making it much harder on Developers to optimize for every single configuration.

Ah gee... Every new issue cropping up on my PC makes me wanna just switch to console.

Ugh, 16 GB RAM should fix everything. 

Better than buying a console.