HTPC Build Help!

xorkatoss

Hey everybody, first of all I would like to say that I'm new to the site so I'm sorry if I posted this to the wrong place >.<

With that out of the way we can get started! I recently had a lot of free time(duh) and I was looking at diy pc builds, mostly it was pc "built in desk" projects that caught my attention and since my budget gaming pc is good for now I thought I could upgrade my htpc (home theater pc) because its getting old.

I decided to build my diy htpc in my tv stand so no case is needed to be bought and I also have some old fans collecting dust which I'm going to use (after cleaning them ofc)

I was looking at various options and I found by accident this cpu on board which I plan on using:

ASROCK J3455B-ITX

It seems like a good option for an htpc considering it is a mobo + cpu + gpu.

I also took ryzen 3 apus into consideration but the cost of mobo + cpu is too high for me.

The mobo I choose uses the old ddr3 ram and I picked the cheapest so-dimm:

MUSHKIN DDR3 SODIMM 2X4GB RAM

Of course this isnt a 2020 build if I didnt include a fast ssd for the os:

PATRIOT BURST SSD 120GB (I already have this in my other pc so it seems like a good pick)

plus I have an old 500gb hdd which Im going to use for extra storage.

Lastly this is the part I'm mostly worried for, the psu:

PSU FORCE DR-8500BTX 500W

I just went ahead and picked the cheapest, the site I linked does't mention the efficiency but after a quick google search I have found that its rated at 65% efficiency which I guess is ok? I highly doubt my build will even use 50% of the rated 500watt but lets say it does:

50% load is 250w at 65% efficiency is 250/0.65 = 384watt

40% load is 200w at 65% efficiency is 200/0.65 = 307watt

30% load is 150w at 65% efficiency is 150/o.65 = 230watt

These numbers are mostly speculations but it gives a rough estimation of the consumption.

The main problem here is the brand "force" because I saw people say its a bad brand and some even said it might catch on fire (lol)

I don't think investing 50+ euros for an 80 bronze is going to viable considering the htpc is going to be used 2-3 hours per day.

The whole build so far is just shy of 200 euro for the hardware which is my budget target.

So the help I need is actually to tell me your thought about this build:

do I have any better options?

is there a cheaper way I could do this?

perhaps something I missed on my build?

is that psu going to burn down my house?o.o

Sorry for the long post! Any help is appreciated!

Get Athlon 200GE, a cheapest A320 motherboard with hdmi, 8gb stick of ram, 120gb ssd and a decent psu on sale. This should suffice for htpc needs and be within your budget. 

i9 9900K/GSkill Trident RGB 4x8GB 3000Mhz/Asus Maximus X Hero/EVGA RTX2080TI XC ULTRA/Samsung 950pro+970pro nVME M.2 512gb/2x2tb ADATA ssd/3tb HDD/Corsair Obsidian 1000D/ EVGA SUPERNOVA T2 1600W/10xCorsair LL120/Alienware 34" 2k 120hz/LG 27" 4k 60hz/HyperX Alloy Elite RGB/Hyper X Pulsefire Surge RGB/SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless/Logitech c920.

4 minutes ago, xorkatoss said:

Yes I actually though about that combo but:

Athlon 200GE & ASROCK A320M-HDV R4.0 total at €118.80 while my current option is €94.90, see the difference?

ofc the performance gap between the two justifies the small difference in price but I'm not sure.

My advice is go for it. For less than 25 euro, seems like a no-brainer.

Main Rig :

Ryzen 7 2700X | Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8 GB | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 | 16 GB TeamGroup Elite 2400MHz | Samsung 750 EVO 240 GB | HGST 7200 RPM 1 TB | Seasonic M12II EVO | CoolerMaster Q300L | Dell U2518D | Dell P2217H | 

Laptop :

Thinkpad X230 | i5 3320M | 8 GB DDR3 | V-Gen 128 GB SSD |