upgrade from 1050 ti (around 300 euro budget)

yeetyeetyeeter
Go to solution Solved by Hilltrot,
27 minutes ago, yeetyeetyeeter said:

thanks alot,

and for nvidia cards?

I would suggest a 2060 if you can do it.  There are so many uses for the RT cores.

If not, 1660s and 1660ti are your options for Nvidia.  

what is the best upgrade from an 1050 ti.

focus is gaming budget is around 300 euro

1 minute ago, tank234 said:

I would say go with the 5600xt or the 5700xt. The 5700xt is a little bit over your budget but it is a really good card 

thanks alot,

and for nvidia cards?

Just now, PacketMan said:

what are your PC specs?

doesn't matter im upgrading the cpu that fits the gpu best

5 minutes ago, yeetyeetyeeter said:

thanks alot,

and for nvidia cards?

For nividia cards the equivalent would be the 2070 super but those are significantly higher priced then the 5700xt

I know in the US you can find 1080's second-hand easily for around $300 USD which comes to about $280 EUR. Do some shopping around if you're patient enough and you'll find the right card. I've been running a 1070 I found on Craigslist for $200 for the last 2 years and can still run COD MW on just under max settings at ~100 FPS.

PC Interest - Thriving | Wallet Status - Near Empty

Ryzen 7 3700X, ASUS Dual RTX 3070 (+OC)

Corsair Vengeance LPX (2 x 16GB) 3200MHz, ASRock X570 Pro4 

8 minutes ago, ajaxburger said:

I know in the US you can find 1080's second-hand easily for around $300 USD which comes to about $280 EUR. Do some shopping around if you're patient enough and you'll find the right card. I've been running a 1070 I found on Craigslist for $200 for the last 2 years and can still run COD MW on just under max settings at ~100 FPS.

i kinda need a replacement as soon as possible and right now i can only find cheap ones that have been mined with.

im from the netherlands,

i also prefer nvidia over amd so am kind of looking for an nvidia card

I recently bought the sapphire pulse radeon rx 5600xt , and its AMAZING! For the price.. its marketed as a 1080p champion card.. but lets be honest. I have been getting 300+fps in modern AAA titles on all ultra settings @1440p no problem. 

the ONLY problem i see with this card.. is long term. the 6gb of vram is pretty much ALWAYS getting used all the way up to get the results mentioned above. it does it no problem.. but as new games come out and require more vram we will have to lower settings to keep up. 

Amd released the bios update for the card and now i believe they just come with it preinstalled, but basically it made the card the same performance wise as a 5700 non xt. minus the differences in vram obv. but yea I love this card and reccomend it if you want to get the most performance and ONLY have 300 or so bucks.. if you want to get more performance or performance thats gonna last for 5+ years, or have more than 300 bucks to spend.. like 4 or 500 ish. get a 5700xt or gtx 2070 and up. 

good luck !

27 minutes ago, yeetyeetyeeter said:

thanks alot,

and for nvidia cards?

I would suggest a 2060 if you can do it.  There are so many uses for the RT cores.

Just now, Hilltrot said:

alright so ill be choosing between the 1660 gpus 2060 and 5700xt

18 minutes ago, fUNKdUMPER said:

I have been getting 300+fps in modern AAA titles on all ultra settings @1440p no problem. 

I'm not saying it's a bad card, but 300+ fps is simply not true.

In addition, 300+ FPS is simply unusable IMO since there or no 300+ MHz monitors that I know of.

However, as the video shows, it solidly plays above 60fps, which is what most people are looking for in AAA - showing that it is a solid choice for those in the mass market.

1 minute ago, Hilltrot said:

I'm not saying it's a bad card, but 300+ fps is simply not true.

In addition, 300+ FPS is simply unusable IMO since there or no 300+ MHz monitors that I know of.

However, as the video shows, it solidly plays above 60fps, which is what most people are looking for in AAA - showing that it is a solid choice for those in the mass market.

ok so that one is out of the race then.

2 minutes ago, yeetyeetyeeter said:

ok so that one is out of the race then.

No, I didn't say that - if 300 Euro is your price range, that card definitely meets your specifications. (Except for not being Nvidia.)  Remember the 2060 is more expensive and it won't go to 300+ fps either.  In fact I don't think 2080ti does that in 1440p in those titles.  The only reason I pointed it out was that 300+ fps was obviously wrong.

Just now, Hilltrot said:

No, I didn't say that - if 300 Euro is your price range, that card definitely meets your specifications. (Except for not being Nvidia.)  Remember the 2060 is more expensive and it won't go to 300+ fps either.  In fact I don't think 2080ti does that in 1440p in those titles.  The only reason I pointed it out was that 300+ fps was obviously wrong.

hm i dont really like the amd drivers and stuff tho. im really considering getting it

1 minute ago, yeetyeetyeeter said:

hm i dont really like the amd drivers and stuff tho. im really considering getting it

I used their cards back when they were ATI and I know what you mean, but I have heard that their drivers are improving.  Now, I don't really know since I haven't used an ATI card since they were ATI, but besides occasional glitches like the one in February of this year, I haven't heard of many driver problems.

I mainly chose Nvidia for features over raw FPS.  I refuse to play a game like Control with RTX off.  I have a G-sync monitor, RT voice, etc, etc.

However, in order to turn RT on in Control at 1440p, you need a 2070 super with DLSS 2.0 set to quality.

i might still want nvidia also for features but what is the best one for around 300 euro that i can buy in max 1 week

10 minutes ago, yeetyeetyeeter said:

i might still want nvidia also for features but what is the best one for around 300 euro that i can buy in max 1 week

It's so subjective.  Generally, I don't think you can go wrong with graphics cards.  Walk into any store that doesn't rip people off look for the 300 Euro graphics Cards.  Pick up any one of them and you'll likely be happy with your decision.

If you like Nvidia, I'd just buy the 300 Euro Nvidia one.  I wouldn't stress about it too much.  For specific brands like ASUS, Gigabyte, MSI, etc.  use your phone in the store to check user reviews on the product at Amazon or Newegg.  Look for confirmed buyers.

There is so much competition in Graphics cards, you'll end up getting what you paid for IMO.

8 minutes ago, Hilltrot said:

It's so subjective.  Generally, I don't think you can go wrong with graphics cards.  Walk into any store that doesn't rip people off look for the 300 Euro graphics Cards.  Pick up any one of them and you'll likely be happy with your decision.

If you like Nvidia, I'd just buy the 300 Euro Nvidia one.  I wouldn't stress about it too much.  For specific brands like ASUS, Gigabyte, MSI, etc.  use your phone in the store to check user reviews on the product at Amazon or Newegg.  Look for confirmed buyers.

There is so much competition in Graphics cards, you'll end up getting what you paid for IMO.

would one of the 1660 gpus do the job? 

with that i mean would it run most games at 60fps 

Just now, yeetyeetyeeter said:

Yes 1660 can do that no issues 

13 minutes ago, yeetyeetyeeter said:

The order of speed from least to greatest is

1660, 1660s, and 1660ti.

1660ti OC can do AAA gaming at 1440p > 60 FPS