24” Monitor for design and 3D?

VioletCascade

Hello my old computer when it died took my monitor down it a few months ago so I’m looking to get another one but really unsure what to go with, for quality as I mainly do graphic design and plan to do 3D with my new PC
Thinking of getting a GeForce 2070 super 8gb gpu for it..

so size is around 24” ish because that’s the hutch space I think it could possibly fit a slightly bigger one

my budget i guess is up to $500 aud but I’m mostly looking for good quality and recommendations 

Check if you can possibly fit 27", from my personal usage, 24" is a little small for 1440p and definitely not usable at 4k. Having a higher resolution is very useful for editing, letting you see more that's on the screen. especially with how many

I just checked newegg and I don't really see any 24' inch 144p and 4k monitors that are good for editing and design, there used to one or 2 I would have recommended, but none anymore.

There are some very good color accurate 1080p 24", but the quality and value monitors for editing in my personal opinion have moved on past 24".

Edit: if you're strapped for cash, the 2060 Super might be a better value option, not gonna be as good for gaming, but it does the job with the same amount of vram, and you could invest the extra cash in a more powerful cpu if you were on the border

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

26 minutes ago, Jumballi said:

Check if you can possibly fit 27", from my personal usage, 24" is a little small for 1440p and definitely not usable at 4k. Having a higher resolution is very useful for editing, letting you see more that's on the screen. especially with how many

I just checked newegg and I don't really see any 24' inch 144p and 4k monitors that are good for editing and design, there used to one or 2 I would have recommended, but none anymore.

There are some very good color accurate 1080p 24", but the quality and value monitors for editing in my personal opinion have moved on past 24".

Edit: if you're strapped for cash, the 2060 Super might be a better value option, not gonna be as good for gaming, but it does the job with the same amount of vram, and you could invest the extra cash in a more powerful cpu if you were on the border

Thank you I measured the hutch and i could get close to 27” I’ve seen some monitors are a little smaller than advertised like how most 24” can be 23.8 haha! this is the desk https://www.ikea.com/au/en/p/hemnes-desk-with-add-on-unit-white-stain-s09227396/ 

The cpu I’m going for is the amd ryzen 9 3900x i want it to be a strong set up seeing as I don’t know how long I’ll have it my last one survived 7ish years 

I'm personally using a BL2420PT from BenQ, 24" 1440p and I don't really have anything negative to say about it. Really good IPS panel, solid colour accuracy and quite sharp compared to my previous 1080p monitor.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

Just now, Mateyyy said:

I'm personally using a BL2420PT from BenQ, 24" 1440p and I don't really have anything negative to say about it. Really good IPS panel, solid colour accuracy and quite sharp compared to my previous 1080p monitor.

Sounds great thank you for the suggestion!
anything I get will certainly be an upgrade from my old one haha we moved two years ago and the movers damaged it so there were dead / darker pixels but I couldn’t be bothered getting a new one with my computer on its last legs so I’m super excited for the crisp look of a new screen!

4 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

oh that's one of the one's I would have recommended if it was still in stock, can't find it anywhere in america, I see some resellers but it's hard to trust those so I tend to ignore them

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

10 minutes ago, VioletCascade said:

Thank you I measured the hutch and i could get close to 27” I’ve seen some monitors are a little smaller than advertised like how most 24” can be 23.8 haha! this is the desk https://www.ikea.com/au/en/p/hemnes-desk-with-add-on-unit-white-stain-s09227396/

be careful as that's the screen size but not the bezel included, check it it can do 25-26" horizontally

15 minutes ago, Jumballi said:

oh that's one of the one's I would have recommended if it was still in stock, can't find it anywhere in america, I see some resellers but it's hard to trust those so I tend to ignore them

No luck finding any within Australia either I wonder if they’re discontinued because it’s not listed just as out of stock it’s actually not listed