GPU WUs failing

I have a 390X and GPU WUs have been failing for me recently, seemingly with increasing frequency. This is what the log looks like:

03:26:55:WU02:FS01:0x22:Completed 2000000 out of 2000000 steps (100%)
03:26:57:WU02:FS01:0x22:Saving result file ..\logfile_01.txt
03:26:57:WU02:FS01:0x22:Saving result file checkpointState.xml
03:26:58:WU02:FS01:0x22:Saving result file checkpt.crc
03:26:58:WU02:FS01:0x22:Saving result file positions.xtc
03:27:00:WU02:FS01:0x22:Saving result file science.log
03:27:00:WU02:FS01:0x22:Folding@home Core Shutdown: FINISHED_UNIT
03:27:02:WARNING:WU02:FS01:FahCore returned an unknown error code which probably indicates that it crashed
03:27:02:WARNING:WU02:FS01:FahCore returned: UNKNOWN_ENUM (-1073740940 = 0xc0000374)

I have attempted to solve the issue by underclocking the core to 800Mhz (stock is 1080Mhz), increasing the voltage by 50mV, and underclocking the VRAM to 1200Mhz (stock is 1500Mhz), but no combination of these steps have fixed the problem. Are there any diagnostics that I can run to find where the instability is? The WU runs from 0-100% without any errors until the final step.

Whats the WU number, I recall that 14541 and 14543 don't play well with AMD GPUs. 

F@H    EOC

Just now, jctappel67 said:

Whats the WU number, I recall that 14541 and 14543 don't play well with AMD GPUs. 

This particular WU was project 11743, but I believe that this is happening across completely different projects. Also, they are completing about 50% of the time.

Honestly, FAH is just kind of unstable on AMD cards. Couldn't tell ya why.

Just keep going, you'll get through it eventually.

F@H    EOC

6 minutes ago, ntoskrnl said:

Is your card overclocked? That could be one reason why they are failing.

No, I stated in the OP that I underclocked both core and VRAM clocks, but the issues persist.

11 minutes ago, jctappel67 said:

Honestly, FAH is just kind of unstable on AMD cards. Couldn't tell ya why.

Just keep going, you'll get through it eventually.

It just sucks to burn through a bunch of electricity and have to redo the WU from scratch. It's not like WUs don't finish at all. Sometimes they do, and sometimes they don't, but there seems to be no pattern.

3 minutes ago, badreg said:

It just sucks to burn through a bunch of electricity and have to redo the WU from scratch. It's not like WUs don't finish at all. Sometimes they do, and sometimes they don't, but there seems to be no pattern.

I completely understand, and you are not alone. The only AMD cards that seem to never have issues with WUs are navi cards. Everything older is kind of unstable. Lots of people had trouble during the folding event too.

F@H    EOC

i had a 2080ti factory OC card do this.  i tried many different underclocks and such to no avail, i ended up pulling the power limit back to 80% and it started folding fine.

I have a RX560,but it works fine in F@H…just with a little problem with it: Slower or harder to get WUs compare to my Ryzen 5 1600 processor.

But the nVIDIA GeForce 310M in my laptop is unable to get any WU. I don't know why and how to fix it.