[Answered] Using a Xbox 360 Slim Hard Drive To Hold OS

Snapy1

Okay so i was thinking making a compremise until i can afford a new ssd and a new copy of windows to use my xbox 360 slim hard drive to hold a free linux os. How slow are the 360 slim hard drives, and is it worth it.

I believe console HDDs are 5200rpm drives. The same in low power laptops. Performance will be what you would expect with a HDD, pretty much.

Corsair 400R, i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz 16GB, Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz, Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Motherboard, 240GB Samsung 840 Evo Sata III SSD, 2 x Asus GTX 780 Direct CU2 SLI, Corsair H100i and Corsair AX860i Platinum Power supply.

I tried this once with the HDD from the older model X360 and it will work, but it's slow as dirt!! Usable though.

MOBO - Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0   CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ 3.5GHz - Corsair H80i   RAM - 2x Corsair Vengence 4GB DDR3 @ 1666 MHz   

GPU - SAPPHIRE 100362-3L Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X OC  Sound - ASUS Xonar DSX  PSU - Thermaltake SMART M Series SP-850M 850W

Depends on how desperate you are as to if it's worth it or not

He said it best. It won't come close to an SSD if that's what your asking, but if you are in absolute need of more space, it's not a terrible option.

//ccap

Okay so i was thinking making a compremise until i can afford a new ssd and a new copy of windows to use my xbox 360 slim hard drive to hold a free linux os. How slow are the 360 slim hard drives, and is it worth it.

I wouldn't do it