Just got a new AMD FX 5700 XT, it crashes during game loading and downloading

Joyfull

Got an AMD FX 5700 XT Ultra this week.

My RAM, CPU and PSU are all well within the requirements for this GPU and are compatable.

I have DDU'd all driver information and reinstalled
I have reseated all the hardware

I have scanned for any corrupt image files in the system and corrected any if they existed

I have tried older versions of the driver software

Radeon Software shows my driver being perfectly up to date, and all the diagnostics from my GPU via the software indicate the GPU is working fine, yet I havent made it past the initial load screen of any game attempted without the PC instantly shutting down.

I have even tried reinstalling the games, and last time I attempted that, it began shutting my PC down each time the game download-file neared completion.

If anyone can help solve this, I would be very thankful.

I have trialled (and reinstalled) both Warzone and Apex Legends from Battlenet and Origin respectively. (these are large downloads so has taken a little while)

Redownloading the games has also caused crashes. Event viewer lists many issues, the critical one being (70368744177664), (2)

I have researched this and carried out the listed solutions I found including turning off fast start, any gaming modes, scanned/ repaired the drive

I still cannot get past the loading screen of a game, and redownloading games even causes instant shutdowns

Edit: Undervolting, CMOS clears have also not worked

Do a Cmos clear and try with no oc, not even xmp or docp

if all ok them put all of the profiles back

13 minutes ago, Xkillerpn said:

Thanks for a quick reply, I will give that a go and get back to you 

I can't help but take my good luck and a W.

Please Quote me when replying.
CPU
 - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | RAM - 32GB DDR4 4000Mhz | MB - MSI B550 A-PRO | Boot - 2TB NVME 980 Evo Plus | GPU - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3090 24GB

I know you said the psu if fine. But can you put your specs here so we can give a bit more help

3 hours ago, Joyfull said:

and redownloading games even causes instant shutdowns

That sounds like a system/windows problem not particular a GPU problem (although I dont exclude any correlation with the GPU yet) 

give us detailed system specs, also how long do you use the system? is the windows version up to date? any other software that runs in the background we should be aware of? (anything that doesnt come with a standard windows installation) 

10 hours ago, Xkillerpn said:

CMOS clear did not work, thanks for the suggestion though :)

7 hours ago, papajo said:

That sounds like a system/windows problem not particular a GPU problem (although I dont exclude any correlation with the GPU yet) 

give us detailed system specs, also how long do you use the system? is the windows version up to date? any other software that runs in the background we should be aware of? (anything that doesnt come with a standard windows installation) 

https://gyazo.com/90491909fda18870750393f2f1e6e9a3

Here is an image of the total PC build, however I have replaced the GPU listed with the 5700.

The PSU is 600w which is within the requirements for the GPU.

Thanks for the reply :)

I have had this computer for about 2 years now, the windows is up to date and there is no background software I am aware of! 

7 hours ago, papajo said:

Here is an image of the total PC build, however I have replaced the GPU listed with the 5700.

Thanks for the reply :)

10 hours ago, OnionRings said:

I can't help but take my good luck and a W.

Thanks bud, hoping for a W :)

15 minutes ago, Joyfull said:

Thanks for the reply :)

did these games you tried play without issue when you had the GTX 1050 ? or you tried to play them after installing the RX 5700? 

22 minutes ago, papajo said:

did these games you tried play without issue when you had the GTX 1050 ? or you tried to play them after installing the RX 5700? 

They worked totally fine prior to installing the RX 5700! I have put many hours into both :)

4 minutes ago, Joyfull said:

They worked totally fine prior to installing the RX 5700! I have put many hours into both :)

Your problem is only with origin games? 

Just now, papajo said:

Your problem is only with origin games? 

No, Warzone is a battle.net game so it seems to be fairly universal. Furthermore, it has even crashed just watching TV shows.

34 minutes ago, Joyfull said:

No, Warzone is a battle.net game so it seems to be fairly universal. Furthermore, it has even crashed just watching TV shows.

push windows button + R on the window that appears type in verifier

the program has some selections select "Create new standard settings" then click next

On the next step select automatically select unsigned drivers then select them and click finish your PC will start to stress test those drivers to find any problem with them it is a task that runs in the background so you wont see any percentage bar or anything just do your usual business if it finds an issue your PC will BSOD with a more detailed reason on why it crashed. 

If it doesnt find any unsigned driver then click on "Select driver names from list" 

Select them all and then click on finish. 

After clicking finish you need to restart the PC, you may exerience some stutter or slow responses because resources of your CPU will raise as the verifier stresses the drivers in the background run your pc for a day or two like this. 

To stop verifier from doing its thing you start verifier again but this time select "Delete existing settings" you need to restart and now your computer wont run verifications in the background. 

11 hours ago, papajo said:

push windows button + R on the window that appears type in verifier

the program has some selections select "Create new standard settings" then click next

On the next step select automatically select unsigned drivers then select them and click finish your PC will start to stress test those drivers to find any problem with them it is a task that runs in the background so you wont see any percentage bar or anything just do your usual business if it finds an issue your PC will BSOD with a more detailed reason on why it crashed. 

If it doesnt find any unsigned driver then click on "Select driver names from list" 

Select them all and then click on finish. 

After clicking finish you need to restart the PC, you may exerience some stutter or slow responses because resources of your CPU will raise as the verifier stresses the drivers in the background run your pc for a day or two like this. 

To stop verifier from doing its thing you start verifier again but this time select "Delete existing settings" you need to restart and now your computer wont run verifications in the background. 

Thanks for your help :)

I followed these instructions.

No unsigned drivers were found, so I selected all drivers and restarted.

My pc from that point is booting straight into bluescreens unless in safe mode.

How do I move forward from this point?

can you try your gpu on another system? 

you can check your gpu temp,  try to change the slots where the ram is installed, also check if the motherboard has any bios update.

EDIT: also change the gpu bios

2 hours ago, Joyfull said:

What is the BSOD error codes?
Also Delete Verifier existing settings in Safe mode. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

4 hours ago, Joyfull said:

Thanks for your help :)

I followed these instructions.

No unsigned drivers were found, so I selected all drivers and restarted.

How do I move forward from this point?

you can still follow the same steps in safemode to turn it off but its not advisable since we are going somewhere now. 

first notice the error codes on the  BSODs 

second what we do now is to delete the current settings in safemode and then enable only some of the list (depending on the error codes you get) so that the problem can be singled out. 

On 4/25/2020 at 12:50 PM, papajo said:

you can still follow the same steps in safemode to turn it off but its not advisable since we are going somewhere now. 

first notice the error codes on the  BSODs 

second what we do now is to delete the current settings in safemode and then enable only some of the list (depending on the error codes you get) so that the problem can be singled out. 

Hi, thanks for all the help.

I passed the PC to a more computer-literate friend, and he booted the PC using a totally fresh HD with fresh windows install. 

Crashes still continued.
In his opinion, this eliminates any chances that the issue is driver based, and concluded the issue resides solely within the CPU, RAM or Motherboard.

This means I will likely have to return the card as I cannot afford 3 more parts to make this usable (especially as i dont know the source of the issue)

An unfortunate predicament - are you inclined to agree with those conclusions?

17 minutes ago, Joyfull said:

Hi, thanks for all the help.

I passed the PC to a more computer-literate friend, and he booted the PC using a totally fresh HD with fresh windows install. 

Crashes still continued.
In his opinion, this eliminates any chances that the issue is driver based, and concluded the issue resides solely within the CPU, RAM or Motherboard.

This means I will likely have to return the card as I cannot afford 3 more parts to make this usable (especially as i dont know the source of the issue)

An unfortunate predicament - are you inclined to agree with those conclusions?

Indeed but since the RX is brand new and you mentioned that your pc crashes even if you redownload origin and what not (which doesnt engage the GPU) I believe that there is reasonable doubt for the rest of your system. 

Do you have any OC on the CPU? 

Get into your bios and reset it to factory defautls, still crashes? 

then does your CPU have integrated graphics? if yes remove your GPU and try some games doesnt matter if the FPS sucks just to check the stability, does it still crash ? 

If yes then its probably not your GPU at fault. Maybe by installing the new GPU you scratched/damaged something in the mobo or hit a ram module or whatnot.

EDIT: also if your PC doesnt crash through the steps I told you to follow above there is still a chance that your PSU is problematic and cant hold the extra load of the more power demanding RX card (compared to the 1050 ti) or maybe the GPU cables of the PSU are damaged or the part of the PSU that supplies power to those cables is problematic

So if your PC doesnt crash doing the steps above before returning your GPU give it to your friend and ask him to install it in his PC to see if he has issues with it, if he has not then its probably your PSU that is at fault.