Are smaller or larger monitors better for gaming?

fishingbrick

I'm looking for a new monitor and I thought: hold on, isn't it that the larger the monitor the more pixels are spread apart? So my question is, would a smaller monitor look better then a larger monitor with the same refresh rate & resolution?

1 minute ago, manwithsomeham said:

I'm looking for a new monitor and I thought: hold on, isn't it that the larger the monitor the more pixels are spread apart? So my question is, would a smaller monitor look better then a larger monitor with the same refresh rate & resolution?

Doesn't really matter, it just matters how far back the monitor is going to sit on your desk

What's your budget, what CPU/GPU do you have, and what kind of games do you play? a bunch of esports titles?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

@Streetguru my budget for my monitor is around 250$ The most demanding game I play is War Thunder (Which isn't very demanding), my GPU is 1070, and my cpu is i7-6800k at 4.5 ghz all cores.

3 minutes ago, manwithsomeham said:

@Streetguru my budget for my monitor is around 250$ The most demanding game I play is War Thunder (Which isn't very demanding), my GPU is 1070, and my cpu is i7-6800k at 4.5 ghz all cores.

Then just get one of the new 1080p displays with 1ms IPS panels

https://fr.pcpartpicker.com/product/PbpmP6/aoc-24g2ubk-240-1920x1080-144-hz-monitor-24g2ubk

This one probably uses the same actual panel.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

I would stick to 24.5 inches for normal sitting distance from the monitor as most gaming monitors are 24.5 inches for a reason. Big enough to see everything fairly easily while also being small enough to see the entire screen at once easily. You could go for 27 inches if you really were inclined to a larger screen or had a longer than normal viewing distance but I wouldn't go any higher than that. Not only that but you will be hard pressed to find a gaming monitor that isn't an ultra wide that is greater than 27 inches in size.