2060S vs 5700-XT

LewisBros

Hey everyone, I hope you're having a wonderful day! I have an issue on my hands and I can't seem to resolve it. I've been looking around for a few days or so and had my heart set on purchasing a 2060s for my build, however last minute I saw something about AMD's RX 5700-XT gpu. I read a few things about it and watched a few benchmark videos and it looks to outperform the 2060s for just a few extra dollars. I also noticed, though, that the gpu ran (from what I could tell) about 15*C hotter than the 2060s at max settings. I can't decide which one I want to purchase and if the temperature of the 5700-XT could be an issue for me later down the road.

Thanks for the help! :)

RX.jpg

2060.jpg

Get a 5700 XT - it performs close to a 2070 Super and much better than the 2060 S. As for heat, get a Sapphire Pulse or Power Color Red Dragon and you're good. The MSI Mech is also okay. Temps depend on the GPU cooler

7 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Get a 5700 XT - it performs close to a 2070 Super and much better than the 2060 S. As for heat, get a Sapphire Pulse or Power Color Red Dragon and you're good. The MSI Mech is also okay. Temps depend on the GPU cooler

Alright sounds great! So should I be concerned about the general overheating of the gpu or not really? I know you mentioned "it depends on the cooler" which yes, of course you're right, however I noticed the overheat seemed to be a trend and am wondering if this could be an issue down the road?  

15 minutes ago, LewisBros said:

Alright sounds great! So should I be concerned about the general overheating of the gpu or not really? I know you mentioned "it depends on the cooler" which yes, of course you're right, however I noticed the overheat seemed to be a trend and am wondering if this could be an issue down the road?  

There is also top of the line varients such as the Aorus & Gaming X.

SLAMD-XT  Ryzen 2600X 4.125ghz 1.26v~Gigabyte B450 Aorus ELITE~16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000mhz C15~Arcting Cooling Freezer 34 Esports Duo~Gigabyte Aorus RX 5700-XT~CIT chassis~120GB PNY SSD~WD BLUE 3D NAND 1TB SSD M.2~Phobya 120mm G.Silent's~SuperFlower Leadex III GOLD~Razer Basilisk~RedDragon Kumura

2 hours ago, LewisBros said:

I also noticed, though, that the gpu ran (from what I could tell) about 15*C hotter than the 2060s at max settings.

Depend on which cooler but one thing you need to remember is that Nvidia card don't show Junction Temperature, use Edge Temperature value for AMD Navi GPU if you want to compare temperature.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

8 hours ago, LewisBros said:

No, get a good cooler like the Pulse or Red Dragon and enjoy

7 hours ago, 5x5 said:

No, get a good cooler like the Pulse or Red Dragon and enjoy

Both of those models have similar thermal performances to the Gigabyte Gaming OC suggested by the OP.

OP: pick either of those or use the graphics cooler tier list to help make your decision easier.

But yes, definitely go 5700XT over the RTX 2060 Super if you can. 

17 hours ago, LewisBros said:

Hey everyone, I hope you're having a wonderful day! I have an issue on my hands and I can't seem to resolve it. I've been looking around for a few days or so and had my heart set on purchasing a 2060s for my build, however last minute I saw something about AMD's RX 5700-XT gpu. I read a few things about it and watched a few benchmark videos and it looks to outperform the 2060s for just a few extra dollars. I also noticed, though, that the gpu ran (from what I could tell) about 15*C hotter than the 2060s at max settings. I can't decide which one I want to purchase and if the temperature of the 5700-XT could be an issue for me later down the road.

Thanks for the help! :)

RX.jpg

2060.jpg

The 5700 XT blows the RTX 2060s out of the water and if you plan to play RTX games the 2060s is not a good option ayway.

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

7 minutes ago, Smit Devrukhkar said:

The 5700 XT blows the RTX 2060s out of the water and if you plan to play RTX games the 2060s is not a good option ayway.

Hmm, I didn't even know that. So basically if I want to play RTX games I would need to get at least a 2070?