Looking at replacing my phone, advice would be nice

OmyWomy

Hello,

I currently have a Samsung S8 and am happy with it but its starting to not have the most reliable battery life.

I really do not need the horsepower of a flagship but am a huge fan of the always on display and wireless charging. I also would not be against some better quality sound.

Any recommendations on phones i should consider when replacing my S8? I am not really that keen on paying S20 prices when i wont really take advantage of the camera or the power of the phone.

Thank you,

Have you checked out the Redmi or Oppo line? 

My Rig

CPURyzen 5 2600X

GPURadeon RX580/8gb OC 

MOBOB450 Tomahawk 

RAM16gb GSKILL RipJaws (2x8gb)

PSUEVGA 750w platinum

KeyboardLogitech G513 Carbon 

MouseCorsair Harpoon 

many will scoff at the suggestion, but older Iphones still keep their battery quite well. when my 6 plus died last year i would finish the day with around 20 remaining with moderate use. and they can be had at somewhat reasonable prices

CPU AMD 5800x_____Asus Crosshair VIII_____Asus Strix LC 360_____RAM Corsair Dominator Pro 2x8Gb 3600mhz_____ASUS RTX 3080 Strix

PSU Corsair HX1000w_____CASE Lian Li 011 Dynamic (original choice right? w/9 UNI Fans)_____Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma_____Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma_____Headphones Bose QC25_____Monitor (1) Acer Predator XB1 144hz G-Sync  (2) Benq 144hz G-Sync

Microphone Blue Yeti Black

Razer Blade 14

Also an XBOX one s.

5 hours ago, huilun02 said:

So you are looking for:

1. OLED screen
  2. Wireless charging
  3. Battery capacity

If you want to spend less than required for an S20 and are on a GSM network, I suggest the Xiaomi Mi 10 5G

It sports the Snapdragon 865 chipset, 90Hz 1080p OLED display, 30W wireless charging, and a 4,870mAh battery.

Not to be confused with the Xiaomi Mi Note 10 which is an inferior device that lacks wireless charging.

The Galaxy Note 9 is a good fall back/alternative.

Click here to see all options (criteria: OLED screen + wireless charging + battery at least 4,000mAh)

It would be an utter shame if you were to ask for AOD and wireless charging and price lower than an S20, and end up getting something that fails to meet all 3 criteria.

Thank you i will look into the Xiaomi lineup.

If you don't really want to spend a lot of money on a new phone and you are still fine with this one try looking for a replacement battery as it would be much cheaper than buying a new phone overall.

Jumping from a Samsung to a Xiaomi could be rather difficult as I once recommend a Samsung user a Xiaomi and 1 and a half year later it's looking to replace it and come back to the Samsung lineup.

I would really consider just keeping the S8 as it still holds up even today and after that battery replacement I should feel like it just came out of the box