compatible newer aio cooler for kraken g12

Hi guys i planing to get the kraken g12 braket for my msi gtx 1080ti gaming x card. However the compatible list kraken provide were kind of outdated. I know most aio cooler works but i am abit skeptical if it will fit. i planning to pair with a CORSAIR H115I PRO RGB 280MM LIQUID. It is compatible ? 

Otherwise what are the aio cooler you guys own for kraken g12 owner let me know so that i have more option to choose 

thanks   

No the H115i is not officially compatible with the G12, but you might be able to "stick it in" somehow.

To make it short, the G12 is made for coolers with a round-shaped CPU block, that's why the compatibility list looks like "outdated", because it's listing old Corsair models (the new ones have a square-shaped CPU block).

There are proof of people installing some of the square-shaped CPU blocks in it but it needs some DIY or workaround and it has limitations (e.g. you may not be able to remove the cooler afterwards).

I would recommend to stick with a Kraken (maybe X63) cooler as well.

6 hours ago, Mamonos said:

No the H115i is not officially compatible with the G12, but you might be able to "stick it in" somehow.

To make it short, the G12 is made for coolers with a round-shaped CPU block, that's why the compatibility list looks like "outdated", because it's listing old Corsair models (the new ones have a square-shaped CPU block).

There are proof of people installing some of the square-shaped CPU blocks in it but it needs some DIY or workaround and it has limitations (e.g. you may not be able to remove the cooler afterwards).

I would recommend to stick with a Kraken (maybe X63) cooler as well.

ah ok i see cool in that the case i wondering if is ok to go for more cheaper aio like id-cooling frostflow+ 280 or maybe D-Cooling AuraFlow X 240 SNOW RGB 240mm AIO Cooler since both of them is round shape cooler? 

Also i realized that for my GPU once the heat sink is removed i found out that there is no mosfet heat sink should i go buy it or just leave it ? If i need to buy how and what do i look our for cause the height for the component is different 

thanks again