Best mouse/mousepad for Counter Strike Global Offensive

Hello guys :)

I have a good computer with good specs and i have installed Cs:go long ago.I have more like 450hrs playing this game but when it comes to my home mouse and mouse pad i dont feelt very confortable and i feel like im not getting very precise headshots and im.

My mouse in this mousepad i have now is very fast and slides too much so i need a mousepad that is precise and when u let the mouse free (just to try) i dont want to slide too much i want it to stop.

To many gamers recomand steelseries kana with steelseries qck+ mousepad.

So i need your opinions is this gear ok? (the best)

Ps.Please give me your settings for cs go if u can. (Monitor inch,mouse acceleration options dpi windows sens and inn sens..graphic settings advanced..raw input on or off and others if u can.

Thank you! :)

Most likely an optical mouse. I'd go for the g400s :). Some people would recommend the quickfire qck but I quite like the corsair mousepads.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

You can be good with any mouse these days really. I dont notice a diffrence between my Ikari to my friends logitech b100 10 dollar mice. 

My settings are 

Sensivity: 1.45

Zoom sensitivity: 0.62 

Monitor: 23.8

No mouse acceration

and raw input on

Sensitivity: 3.9

Zoom Sensitivity: 1

Monitor: 23"

No mouse acceleration EVER

Raw input on

| i5-4670k @ 4.2Ghz | Corsair H100i | Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB | ASUS Geforce GTX 770 |

| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Black 1TB | Corsair AX760 | Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/ Window | Corsair AF140 x2 |

| Windows 8.1 | ASUS 23" 1080p monitor | CM Storm Quickfire Stealth- MX Blue | Logitech G9x | Logitech G930 |

as for mouse, i think optical sensor is the best, i would recommend the Zowie AM, Logitech G400 and the Razer Deathadder 2013.

Mousepad i use a Steelseries qck+ because i like a big pad and i use quite a low sensitivity, in the past i have used the Razer Mantis mousepad but its hard to find them now, i was very dissapointed with the Razer Goliathus because the old model had no stitching on the sides and all the edges began to peel after a few weeks, this has not happened yet with my steelseries. 

Goodluck choosing!

PC: Corsair 900D | Corsair AX860 | Maxmius VI Hero | i7 4770k | Corsair H100i | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133 | Sapphire Radeon 7950 | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Win7 X64

HTPC: Silverstone GD05 Black | Corsair VS350W | AMD A6 5400K | AsRock FM2A75-PRO4-M | Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB DDR3 1600 | Samsung 840 128GB | WD Black 4TBx2 | Leadtek Winfast DTV2000DS | LiteOn BD\DVD-RW Combo | WIN7 x64/XBMC

Would the mousing surface really make that much of a difference? I mean I know friction and all that but I don't know if you'd really see a competitive edge from a mouse pad.  But you can't beat the Deathadder for the money.

My daily driver.

• CPU
    Intel i5 6600 K
  • Motherboard
    Asus Maximus VIII Hero
  • RAM
    16 Gig of G.Skill TridentZ Series 3000 Mhz
  • GPU
    EVGA 1070 FTW edition
  • Case
    Fractal Design Define R5
  • Storage
    Samsung 850 Series 250GB for boot + WD 2TB Black
  • PSU
    Corsair RM 750W
  • Cooling
    Corsair H100 V2
  • Keyboard
    Corsair K 70 LUX
  • Mouse
    Corsair Raptor M45
  • PCPartPicker URL

Would the mousing surface really make that much of a difference? I mean I know friction and all that but I don't know if you'd really see a competitive edge from a mouse pad.  But you can't beat the Deathadder for the money.

I think when you get on those really competitive stages in CS where everyone is really good, the slightest edge counts.

as for me i just use a regular ms intellipoint mouse i got for free and a fiber cloth mousepad which i also had. I only play casual tho

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

The best one is the one that you like best periferials as all about personal preferance.

Back in the day when I played CS a lot (thousands of hours, played in a competition team) I found the upgrade to a cloth mat pad and a logitech 500 made a lot of difference to my game, took me from top 10k to top 1000 overnight. If the equipment is the issue then replacing it with something better can improve your game.

Personally I prefer a fine grain cloth mat, it allows easy movement but the mouse doesn't move too easily on it. The two mats you'll hear a lot about in this area are the QCK Heavy and the Puretrak talent. I love my puretrak talent but it does cause my mouse to jitter a little bit (1 pixel worth) which I live with. But a white or a black pad is better with the Zowie mice than a blue one.

All the flawless sensor mice today are based on 2 chipsets, both of which are pretty old. You wont find more than 5 buttons or anything but optical flawless mice. The set of mice that gets passed around as flawless is basically the following:

Puretrak Valor

Razer Deathadder 3.5G Black  Edition

Anything made by Zowie

Logitech G400s

Sensei raw

Personally I am a big fan of the Zowie mice, they all have a very low lift off distance and a decent failure speed. But in order to determine which of these mice is likely going to fit your hand we need to know your grip and your play style.

I use the Razer Vespula mouse mat, due to the fact that one side is completely smooth, while the other (which i use) has a slight texture on it that keeps the mouse from sliding all over the thing...I've used it with multiple mice including the DeathAdder, Naga, and Logitech G602 which I currently am using while playing CSGO

Arc Midi R2 | ASUS M5A97r2.0 | AMD FX-8350 | EVGA GTX 780 FTW Edition | Corsair Vengeance 8gb | Corsair RM650w Gold | H100i Cooler | 128gb Samsung SSD | 2tb Seagate Barracuda | 3tb Seagate External

Peripherals: 23" Samsung SyncMaster2333 | Acer 27" 1080p | Corsair Vengenance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Logitech G602 | Razer Megalodon Headset | Vespula Gaming Pad

Logitech G300

Steelseries QCK+

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

Hands are perfect cupholders.

• 3 weeks later...

I use a Wake Forrest mouse pad that's about 10 years old. If you're blaming anything on the mouse pad for csgo you have other problems

I can only recommend mouse pads since mice are all about personal preference.

My mouse pad recommendations:

Steelseries QcK/QcK+

Razer Goliathus Speed (I guess)

Corsair MM400

Have been using Logitech MX500 since 2002.

It died.

Moved to Logitech G400 and Corsair M65.

The Logitech design is as perfect as it can be IMHO.

Tell me @Krist what in game sensitivity and dpi do you use? What mouse do you have? And what mousepad to you have?

My default recommendation is the intellimouse 3.0 which can be bought on newegg for less than that of a DA or G400s.

Also why are you letting go of the mouse? You should never let go of the mouse that just makes no sense. I play a LOT of CS and I am friends with a few prominent people in the CS community so I know enough to be a reliable source of information here.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Near as I can tell, most Pro gamers, at least that I follow seem to use one of two mousepads. Either the Steelseries QCK, or the Razer Goliathus. That being said I follow Starcraft, so this might not be relevant to you.

From personal experience playing Unreal Tournament, my Razer Goliathus was definitely better than the Manticore which preceded it (And cost me twice as much)

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

Steelseries Rival 650 dpi

QCK+

Asus vg248qe

1.11 sens 6/11 windows

1920 x 1080

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys

Ok i bought the steelseries qck+ mousepad and i found a well used intellimouse 1.1 optical from microsoft wich feel very good and performs very well at the momment.

Thanks for all the suggestions :)

I'm using a QcK non + myself ( Because the size ) and it's a nice mat: Not too expensive and it's just a great product;

Corsair M45 or Deathadder 2013 + Corsair MM200 or Razer Goliathus (Sure I spelt it wrong)

Future Build : Intel-Core i7 4790K : Corsair H100i : Asus Maximus VII Hero : Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB (DDR3-1866) : Samsung 840 EVO 120GB : Seagate Baracuda 1TB : Asus GeForce GTX 770 : NZXT H440 (Red/Black) : EVGA SuperNova G2 850W :

Acer H236HLBMID Corsair M45 Mouse : Ducky Shine 3 (Red LED/Cherry MX Brown) : Audio Technica M50RD : Some Nice Cheap Mouse Mat 

Peripherals :