Finally time to upgrade?

Hi all, 

My question is as the title states. 
right now I’ve got an i7 4770k (not overclocked and not really an option given my case and some other things)

Some gigabyte motherboard Z77-ud5(3?)h

don’t remember but it’s done it’s job. 16 gigs of DDR3 ram

and a few months back I upgraded my 660ti to a 2070 super. Oh and I can’t forget, all mechanical drives. 

Currently I’m looking into a new system. This one still performs fine, I just feel like it’s going to start showing it’s age soon. Currently torn between a 3700x or the 9700k. I know technically the Ryzen is the better value but all I do for now is game and some music production. But the price difference and minimal amount of extra frames from the 9700k isn’t selling me. Yet still torn. 

what I’m wondering is, is it worth an upgrade will I see a decent performance upgrade and quality of use changes going to something newer such as the ryzen 3700x, an x570 board with a m.2 and SSD? 
Also, if I go with ryzen. Is 3200mhz good?
I’m not super into just blatantly blowing money but I’ve got to say. I’ve kinda just got that itch to build again. 

For going with AMD, LTT has a whole video dedicated to what RAM speed is the best. Here's the link: 

The 3700x is a great option for gaming, and you won't need a super high end x570 board to make it run well even if you overclock.

An SSD would for sure be an upgrade over all mechanical drives especially old ones. 

Hope I provided some insight!

3 minutes ago, satipler said:

For going with AMD, LTT has a whole video dedicated to what RAM speed is the best. Here's the link: 

The 3700x is a great option for gaming, and you won't need a super high end x570 board to make it run well even if you overclock.

An SSD would for sure be an upgrade over all mechanical drives especially old ones. 

Hope I provided some insight!

Thanks man! Like I said I’m almost trying to convince myself to upgrade lol. Not completely needed now but I’ve done some saving and want something new and improved to look at and use!

No problem, I'm about to buy my parts for my first build, and I posted my current ideas in this same forum if you wouldn't mind taking a look :)

21 minutes ago, ItsFloopsy said:

Hi all, 

My question is as the title states. 
right now I’ve got an i7 4770k (not overclocked and not really an option given my case and some other things)

Some gigabyte motherboard Z77-ud5(3?)h

don’t remember but it’s done it’s job. 16 gigs of DDR3 ram

and a few months back I upgraded my 660ti to a 2070 super. Oh and I can’t forget, all mechanical drives. 

Currently I’m looking into a new system. This one still performs fine, I just feel like it’s going to start showing it’s age soon. Currently torn between a 3700x or the 9700k. I know technically the Ryzen is the better value but all I do for now is game and some music production. But the price difference and minimal amount of extra frames from the 9700k isn’t selling me. Yet still torn. 

what I’m wondering is, is it worth an upgrade will I see a decent performance upgrade and quality of use changes going to something newer such as the ryzen 3700x, an x570 board with a m.2 and SSD? 
Also, if I go with ryzen. Is 3200mhz good?
I’m not super into just blatantly blowing money but I’ve got to say. I’ve kinda just got that itch to build again. 

Upgrade when it does start to show it's age which will most likely be a year after the new consoles come around. In that time both nvidia and amd will have released new stuff so you'll have better parts to choose from. No point in getting something when the current system is more than fine.