Girl proffessional overclocker

Just now, Gabby Tech said:

Oh i just shivered i will be very careful trying

I would say grab a hold of some of the older hardware and try pushing there. Old Core 2 quads and Core 2 duos are far more forgiving. Especially the Q6600. It is what I started with on a GA-EP45-UD3P. Those two items are legendary. 

Q6600 is a tank and very hard to kill. Overclocks really well. The board is a just a great board. 

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

7 hours ago, Gabby Tech said:

Wow! Thank you for the amazing explanation! :) 

My 2 cents (from a old man, non overclocker but a lot of "flight hours" in life):

His post was both informative and fun to read indeed; which brings to light another aspect of doing anything "professional": proffersional means making money of something. That doesnt need to be the "best"; it just needs to have an audience. Ive been a professional photographer for a brief period in life, and there also, entertaining character and being creative brings a lot more audience than having the best fastest beast of a camera.

Personally, i find his story with the laptop more interesting and entertaining that the "look at me being badass with my 20 barrels of nitrogine behind me" unlimited budget pro's. This will be different for everyone but theres markets for each.

So (freak example) even if you just oc' something by 5mhz but do it lets say using cooling by butterflies flapping their wings over a flower smeared radiator (not suggesting to do that lol),  and bring a fun entertaining presentation, you might be on your way.

If wanting to be pro at something theres two options: be one of the best, or, be one that  "the other pros arent" and thereby fullfil a niche.

21 minutes ago, Pickles - Lord of the Jar said:

I would say grab a hold of some of the older hardware and try pushing there. Old Core 2 quads and Core 2 duos are far more forgiving. Especially the Q6600. It is what I started with on a GA-EP45-UD3P. Those two items are legendary. 

Q6600 is a tank and very hard to kill. Overclocks really well. The board is a just a great board. 

Excellent suggestion!
Got one of those myself (Q6600) and it's good - Not great for one but at least I've got it.

The suggested board is good too, will run about anything socket 775 related well, plus the cost of getting these isn't that bad either unlike some you could go for such as a REX (Rampage Extreme). Those go for big bucks because they can clock so high (In demand) BUT they don't really like quad chips, good for single and dual cored chips.

I have one of those and it is a really good board but the named limitiation applies so I'd grab one of the Gigabyte boards and go from there.

For some of the older AMD stuff, depends on the socket but as an example an DFI LanParty Ultra D for Socket 939 is cheap, yet delivers great results if the board is any good at all. The SLI-DR variant is another that's good with the Expert being tops of that socket you'll find aside from the extremely rare Venus variant. Only difference between a Venus and an Expert is the Venus is all solid capped, no difference otherwise and not worth the cost except as a collectors item.

In truth with maybe one or two exceptions a DFI is the best and what to look for in that socket BUT only go for the NF4 chipped boards, the ATI/AMD chipped boards don't quite measure up.

Any questions about the older AMD's?
I'll answer them.

BTW older hardware is cheap and easy to get, if you kill it you haven't lost much and it's easily replaced too.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

Just be sure the Q6600 you get is a G0 stepping. The B0-B3 steppings are HORRIBLE overclockers. 

I pumped 1.68v throuhg my Q6600 during an OC session and it ran fine for years afterward. 

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

Speaking of steppings it's not difficult to read an AMD once you know.

Each chip will have some info and it's the second line of into that has alot of good stuff you'd want to see.

For example an AMD chip has it's date and stepping there.

Using a 939 chip for example it's typically expressed as "0721LCBQE" or something like that.
The numerical part (0721) means it was made in the 21'st week of 2007, the other (LCBQE) is the chip's stepping, which BTW that stepping is the best you can get for any 939 chip model that carries it.

However even if it has all that there is still no guarantee it will be a good chip - It's largely luck of the draw and some even with a good date and stepping will be dogs and that applies to either make, Intel or AMD.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.