Bit confused about my planned build...

Hello everyone... 

This is my first ever PC build and I have been planning for around a year now... Just recently updated the build. 

I chose the ryzen 5 3600x, I know I can go 3600 and stuff but the price difference isn't very huge between them in my country and the 3600 is pretty much close to the actual price of the 3600x. So I decided to go for the x. 

The MOBO is the ASUS TUF X-570 Plus Wifi. Choosing X-570 because not only does it sort of match my aesthetic choice, B450s available to me are mostly MSI and the red isn't working for me. 

I will be getting the Sapphire Nitro Plus 5700XT gaming OC. It is priced pretty competitively to the prices in the US and there's no Nvidia premium as is the norm of my country.... Plus it will give me the power I actually need. It's still around a $100 more expensive than for the US citizens, but it isn't too bad for me considering it's not as high a premium as we expect here. 

I will be using Corsair's H120i PRO.... 

This is because I have heard quite a lot of good stuff about it and good options like Noctua or other air-coolers are non-existent for me. 

There are 3 SSDs.... (my case has 3 slots for them and I wanna fill all of them....) it has a lot of RGB fans, RAM and M. 2 etc etc.... 

Here's my PC part picker list:

The total for me for this build easily comes at $2000 anyway.... And I have been trying to save up to get this build. 

I pretty much like most of the things but please do nicely elaborate what you think you would change and why? 

Since this is also an aesthetic build, don't go too hard on the extra I decided to painfully dish out for that.... I will be using a Commander Pro for all the RGB. 

The build is to be used primarily for a lot of gaming, editing videos for YouTube, and viewing movies, anime and doing college work. 

EDIT:

If my tone seems a bit dry, it's because I have actually tried getting help with my questions on a lot of forums and Discord channels.... And it usually ends up with people telling me that everything I did is wrong and I am stupid.... It's my first build and I actually do understand why I should change some things.... But I can't because of valid reasons. 

So please don't be put off by my tone if it seems dry, and feel free to tell me what you think? 

It's a nice build for aesthetics. If those are the parts that you want the only thing I would suggest to change is the storage drives. 480 GB fills up fast these days, I should know because I have 3x 1TB SSD's that are close to full hehe. I would get instead of the 3 480 GB drives 2 or even 3 Samsung QVO 1TB drives for more storage and set them to RAID 0 to make a single volume of them.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/vRWfrH/samsung-860-qvo-1-tb-25-solid-state-drive-mz-76q1t0bw

Are there really no good air coolers you can get? You could get a 3700X and a high-end air cooler like a DRP4 for the money you'd be spending on the 3600X and H150i. Also, unless the 3600X costs the same as the 3600 I wouldn't get it - once they're both cooled with an aftermarket cooler, they'll perform pretty much identically.

I'd suggest going with two sticks of memory instead of four, for better upgradability. Also, 16GB should be enough for anything you might be doing with a 3600, unless you often have hundreds of tabs open in Chrome.

Your storage really doesn't make any sense imo, just get a 1TB NVMe like a Sabrent Rocker or ADATA SX8200 Pro for your OS and games that benefit from faster storage, and then a mechanical hard drive for mass storage, or go for a 2TB NVMe drive.

Personally I'd change the case to a Meshify C, which is cheaper and offers better cooling.

You'd be fine with just an RM550x, or maybe RM650x if you really want some more headroom. Unless you plan on adding another 5700XT later in Crossfire (which you shouldn't), then you won't need 750W.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

1 minute ago, aDoomGuy said:

It's a nice build for aesthetics. If those are the parts that you want the only thing I would suggest to change is the storage drives. 480 GB fills up fast these days, I should know because I have 3x 1TB SSD's that are close to full hehe. I would get instead of the 3 480 GB drives 2 or even 3 Samsung QVO 1TB drives for more storage and set them to RAID 0 to make a single volume of them.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/vRWfrH/samsung-860-qvo-1-tb-25-solid-state-drive-mz-76q1t0bw

🤔

Yeah I was thinking of that too..... Maybe I can pick up 2TB worth of SSDs? 

My windows and such programs will be on the M.2, with 1 or 2 SSD for games and one SSD for other tasks... I also have a 1TB External Seagate HDD as well... With 500GB extra HDD for college. 

1 minute ago, Mateyyy said:

Are there really no good air coolers you can get? You could get a 3700X and a high-end air cooler like a DRP4 for the money you'd be spending on the 3600X and H150i.

I'd suggest going with two sticks of memory instead of four, for better upgradability. Also, 16GB should be enough for anything you might be doing with a 3600, unless you often have hundreds of tabs open in Chrome.

Your storage really doesn't make any sense imo, just get a 1TB NVMe like a Sabrent Rocker or ADATA SX8200 Pro for your OS and games that benefit from faster storage, and then a mechanical hard drive for mass storage, or go for a 2TB NVMe drive.

Personally I'd change the case to a Meshify C, which is cheaper and offers better cooling.

You'd be fine with just an RM550x, or maybe RM650x if you really want some more headroom. Unless you plan on adding another 5700XT later in Crossfire (which you shouldn't), then you won't need 750W.

There actually are no good air coolers.... I can send you a link if you want with the list. The place I am going to link has most of the items we can find here.. 

https://www.industech.pk/cooling-solution-cpu-cooler/cpu-coolers

The prices aren't up-to-date though.... 

I actually already have the case.... It was my first purchase actually.... Got pretty much set on that rugged anesthetic and I actually got it for 75% off because I won a voucher in a local gaming tournament. 

Oh one more question.... 

I am planning on a 1080p monitor with this entire setup.... 

Mostly because I can assure pretty high framerates with almost ANY game I play.... With the maximum settings? 

The monitors I do have as options in 1080p high framerates of 144Hz or 165 Hz are these:

View Sonic XG2405 (Only IPS I listed I believe) 
View Sonic XG240R

BenQ Zowie XL2411P

ASUS VG248QG
ASUS VG249Q
ASUS VG258Q (and VG258QR which is 165Hz it seems)
ASUS VG278Q (and VG278QR which is 165Hz it seems)

AOC C24G1

I am confused if I should go 27in with 1080p.....seems like everyone says it will be too pixelated. 

In 24in I have the VG258QR as an option but I dunno if the colors are OK and stuff? 

4 minutes ago, Asad Javeed said:

There actually are no good air coolers.... I can send you a link if you want with the list. The place I am going to link has most of the items we can find here.. 

https://www.industech.pk/cooling-solution-cpu-cooler/cpu-coolers

The prices aren't up-to-date though.... 

I actually already have the case.... It was my first purchase actually.... Got pretty much set on that rugged anesthetic and I actually got it for 75% off because I won a voucher in a local gaming tournament. 

The Dark Rock 4 is pretty good. Quiet even at full blast...

9 minutes ago, Asad Javeed said:

🤔

Yeah I was thinking of that too..... Maybe I can pick up 2TB worth of SSDs? 

My windows and such programs will be on the M.2, with 1 or 2 SSD for games and one SSD for other tasks... I also have a 1TB External Seagate HDD as well... With 500GB extra HDD for college. 

I have a Kinston 1 TB NVMe, but since I got it in December the price has nearly doubled for it. If you can afford it you can pick up 2TB version QVO perhaps? A larger SSD will last longer than a smaller one.

1 minute ago, aDoomGuy said:

The Dark Rock 4 is pretty good. Quiet even at full blast...

I have a Kinston 1 TB NVMe, but since I got it in December the price has nearly doubled for it. If you can afford it you can pick up 2TB version QVO perhaps? A larger SSD will last longer than a smaller one.

I will check.... I didn't know the Dark Rock 4 was listed!!!

3 minutes ago, Asad Javeed said:

I am confused if I should go 27in with 1080p.....seems like everyone says it will be too pixelated. 

In 24in I have the VG258QR as an option but I dunno if the colors are OK and stuff? 

27" 1080p is fine. I had a 27" 1080p panel until it fell on the floor.... Had no problem with pixelation or stretched image or anything. Even my 42" TV have no such problems.

2 minutes ago, Asad Javeed said:

I will check.... I didn't know the Dark Rock 4 was listed!!!

Wait... that link is your only option to find a cooler??

21 minutes ago, aDoomGuy said:

Wait... that link is your only option to find a cooler??

Yes... Unless I what to import stuff which makes everything almost 2× the price I will be paying for it.... 

25 minutes ago, aDoomGuy said:

27" 1080p is fine. I had a 27" 1080p panel until it fell on the floor.... Had no problem with pixelation or stretched image or anything. Even my 42" TV have no such problems.

Yeah.... And also, my only experience is 15in 1080p @60Hz.

So I do think 27in @165Hz with the VG278QR will do be good.... Just worried about the colors. Angles don't make much difference to me.... I will be viewing it straight on and my gaming partner, my wife, usually plays on the laptop in the same room. 

2 hours ago, Asad Javeed said:

Yes... Unless I what to import stuff which makes everything almost 2× the price I will be paying for it.... 

Shoot.. :( 

I could see they had some version of the CM Hyper 212, it is a good cooler for it's price. I would still be using it for my Ryzen if I didn't have to give it away. When I put in this Dark Rock I didn't notice much difference in temps if at all, but the Hyper 212 was louder. So you can consider it if you want a cheap and decent cooler.

2 hours ago, Asad Javeed said:

Yeah.... And also, my only experience is 15in 1080p @60Hz.

So I do think 27in @165Hz with the VG278QR will do be good.... Just worried about the colors. Angles don't make much difference to me.... I will be viewing it straight on and my gaming partner, my wife, usually plays on the laptop in the same room. 

Well IPS panels are generally better for colors than TN panels but many of them aren't so good for gaming (issues with ghosting and such). If at all possible I would go to a store and see if they have a demo of it. Well if not.. I can't really say if the colors are decent or not but in other aspects it seems pretty good.

Guys one question? 

@Mateyyy

@aDoomGuy

Would the TUF X-570 MOBO be good for 3700x as well? 

Or should I at least go Strix X570-E or X570-F (I can always get a wireless adapter for wifi... I use my mobile device connected via USB anyway?) 

Also, I do have the choice of Cooler Master's 360mm AIO.... Over the corsair H150i PRO? 

But seems like corsair seems more reliable...? 

Also, I have the MF120s for Cooler Master also available to populate the build.... If I go with cooler Master 360mm AIO. 

For the corsair side, I have the more expensive option of MLs and LLs... Or the slightly less expensive option it HDs? 

I chose MLS because they were actually said to be quieter and stuff? 

Edited by Asad Javeed

4 hours ago, Asad Javeed said:

Guys one question? 

@Mateyyy

@aDoomGuy

Or should I at least go Strix X570-E or X570-F (I can always get a wireless adapter for wifi... I use my mobile device connected via USB anyway?) 

Also, I do have the choice of Cooler Master's 360mm AIO.... Over the corsair H150i PRO? 

Also, I have the MF120s for Cooler Master also available to populate the build.... If I go with cooler Master 360mm AIO. 

For the corsair side, I have the more expensive option of MLs and LLs... Or the slightly less expensive option it HDs? 

Yeah the X570-PLUS would be perfect, the Strix boards mostly add just bells and whistles. This board could run even a 3950X with no issues.

I can't really speak on the AIO part though, since I don't know much about CM's offerings. 

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

4 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

Yeah the X570-PLUS would be perfect, the Strix boards mostly add just bells and whistles. This board could run even a 3950X with no issues.

I can't really speak on the AIO part though, since I don't know much about CM's offerings. 

Thank you!!!!!

7 hours ago, Asad Javeed said:

Guys one question? 

@Mateyyy

@aDoomGuy

I have never used anything from the TUF lineup myself but Strix it is as Mateyyy said, just looks, bells and wistles. If you can get Strix at a discount like me I don't see why not but not worth the extra money. 

As for the watercooling... I BELIEVE that Asetek is making all of Corsairs AIO solutions and I've heard good things about them and I also believe that Cooler Master makes their own which I think should be decent. I have tried neither for myself though. If you make a thread for a recommendation I'm pretty sure the water coolers around know what to recommend you.

As for the fans. Yes Corsair definitely have better fans, and the ML (short for MagLev since they are not allowed to use that name) are great. They have high airflow and static pressure so they can be used on a chassis as well as on a radiator. I think that LL and HD fans are there just for the RGB but the ML are there to perform. They sound like a jet engine at 2500 rpm but you don't have to run them that high and at low rev you can hardly hear them if at all. They are literally as silent as my Noctuas at a lower rpm range. 

4 hours ago, aDoomGuy said:

I have never used anything from the TUF lineup myself but Strix it is as Mateyyy said, just looks, bells and wistles. If you can get Strix at a discount like me I don't see why not but not worth the extra money. 

As for the watercooling... I BELIEVE that Asetek is making all of Corsairs AIO solutions and I've heard good things about them and I also believe that Cooler Master makes their own which I think should be decent. I have tried neither for myself though. If you make a thread for a recommendation I'm pretty sure the water coolers around know what to recommend you.

As for the fans. Yes Corsair definitely have better fans, and the ML (short for MagLev since they are not allowed to use that name) are great. They have high airflow and static pressure so they can be used on a chassis as well as on a radiator. I think that LL and HD fans are there just for the RGB but the ML are there to perform. They sound like a jet engine at 2500 rpm but you don't have to run them that high and at low rev you can hardly hear them if at all. They are literally as silent as my Noctuas at a lower rpm range. 

Thank you so much for all your help! 

I will go with MLs then.... And I am thinking of going 280mm on the AIO.... I have been told 360mm is a bit overkill for even the 3700x and 280mm variants in corsair actually seem to include the RGB variant of the fans.... So that saves me the price of a full set!!!!