Interference Noise While Gaming (and Google Chrome muted tabs)

inSilicRico

Hello people, I resently built my first Pc Build and all is going mega awesome but the only problem I have is that when I start some games like Borderlands 2 or Total War: Rome II I get some interferences noices in the start menu and the first 2 to 6 minutes of gameplay. Im using different headphones (Marshal Major Headphones, Razer Electra Headphones or Apple´s Earpods) and connecting them into different sound ports (front panel jack, the one on the motherboard, etc) but this didnt solve my problem, I unistalled Realtek (http://prntscr.com/2tnfdb ) audio driver and reinstaled it but nothing happend.

The problem I have only occurs while playing some games (not all) and doesnt happend while listening music on Itunes or videos.

The second problem I have with the audio is that when I am watching more than 2 or 3 videos on youtube, or any other page, Google Chrome automaticly mutes some of the tabs, leaving only 2 tabs with audio ( http://prntscr.com/2tnjmg ) tried reinstalling chrome, changing some of it settings but nothing seems to work. 

I would be glad if you people could help me with this 2 Audio problems, thanks smile.gif 

My Pc Built:
- Corsair 350D 
- Asus Maximus VI Gene 
- i7 4770k 3.50 GHz at 3.85GHz 
- EVGA GTX 780 Ti 
- 16 Gb (2x8Gb) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 
- Corsair H80i 
- Corsair TX850W V.2 
- Kingston 120Gb SDD 
- Toshiba 2TB HD 

Peripherals: 
- BenQ GW2255 1080p 21,5' LED Monitor 
- Corsair Vengeance K70 Mechanical Cherry MX Red Keyboard 
- Corsair Vengeance M65 Mouse

• 2 weeks later...

Noise*

I'd say loose contact somewhere.

I checked and reconnected all the cables and nothings seems to work u.u ... another idea?

The noise is probably EMI from your GPU.

As per the chrome issue, maybe don't listen to so many videos at once?

The noise is probably EMI from your GPU.

As per the chrome issue, maybe don't listen to so many videos at once?

But the OP said the interference only occurs in specific applications, within specific timeframe (2-6 minutes). I'm guessing the problem lies in the communication between the game and the audio driver, maybe some specific features of the sound card?

If it's from GPU, perhaps the interference would last within the whole game session?

OP: Try with very basic settings (mic off, stereo sound, low sample rate, all effects off, etc), and see what happens. Also try tweaking the sound options in game.

For the chrome, try using srware iron. It's based on chrome, but feels a little more stable and less memory hungry to me

But the OP said the interference only occurs in specific applications, within specific timeframe (2-6 minutes). I'm guessing the problem lies in the communication between the game and the audio driver, maybe some specific features of the sound card?

If it's from GPU, perhaps the interference would last within the whole game session?

Maybe you're right, but not all games use the gpu in the same way. I've had interference issues in the past which happened only with certain games (was due to a monitor, not a gpu, but still).

Maybe you're right, but not all games use the gpu in the same way. I've had interference issues in the past which happened only with certain games (was due to a monitor, not a gpu, but still).

Sorry, couldnt answer before ... I solved the problem for 1 day by getting 1 thumbscrew of the 2 that stick in place the graphics card but the next day I got the same problem again u.u ... Now the sound comes through the headphones but you can hear it from the graphics card as well (harder & lowder).  In Spec Ops the line the noise is 100% heardable at anytime meanwhile in some games like Borderlands 2 I can only listen it. Tried connecting it to the PCIe x8 slot but got the same results.

Sorry, couldnt answer before ... I solved the problem for 1 day by getting 1 thumbscrew of the 2 that stick in place the graphics card but the next day I got the same problem again u.u ... Now the sound comes through the headphones but you can hear it from the graphics card as well (harder & lowder). In Spec Ops the line the noise is 100% heardable at anytime meanwhile in some games like Borderlands 2 I can only listen it. Tried connecting it to the PCIe x8 slot but got the same results.

Can you pull the GPU out and try to play with onboard graphics for awhile? Just for troubleshooting purposes.

Can you pull the GPU out and try to play with onboard graphics for awhile? Just for troubleshooting purposes.

Now Im pretty sure the sound comes from the GPU. I ll try playing with the intel integrated graphics tomorrow (since Im out of town today :l ) ... I ll let you know how it goes or changes anything.

I had an issue like this. There was a buzzing sound in my headphones when gaming. It ramped up and down with the GPU load, so I determined it was EMI. I moved my soundcard away from my GPU, but that may not be an option for you. Test the onboard video as ShearMe suggested.

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."