Please Help! This is frustrating, Enermax Rev D.F. cable

LinusShitpostTips

Help me out here please, i have an enermax Rev. D.F.

the layout is as shown here:https://i.imgur.com/kiMdukH.jpg

It is so hard to insert the mobo pins to the PSU, the slots are that group of pin that i numbered as 1 in the pic above, the one with 18 (9x2) pins at the bottom and 10 (5x2) pins on top.

The images of the plug in the attachment. From the look of it, i have to bend the smaller 5x2 plug on top of the 9x2 plug in order to plug the whole thing in to the PSU, which is so HARD, to the point where i'm afraid I will break the cable. You can also see in the 76kb image that the cable looks like a clusterfuck, with cables from one end ended up on another. Sorry if they are blurry, i'm using old phone. Is there anything I have to do? any suggestion? did i miss something? did i get a defect product?

731051669_WhatsAppImage2020-04-18at00_01_54.jpeg.d2475baeaa9e787369b6790fa358957f.jpeg

1053003562_WhatsAppImage2020-04-17at23_49_30.thumb.jpeg.64c2957411680d17330e4a951cf9f262.jpeg

17 minutes ago, AmannamedJack said:

Can you show what you mean by "bend the smaller 5x2 plug on top of the 9x2 plug"

oh god

1 hour ago, LinusShitpostTips said:

which is so HARD, to the point where i'm afraid I will break the cable

Just bend the fuck out of them, seriously. If it's designed to go this way you can't do anything else, it's copper, it bends.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

You're clearly doing something wrong.

There's no need to bend any cables, the 9x2 goes on the bottom left, and 5x2 on the top left. You shouldn't have to force on anything.

You can look at this video to give you an idea of how to connect the cables ;

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

2 minutes ago, Juular said:

Just the fuck out of them, seriously. If it's designed to go this way you can't do anything else, it's copper, it bends.

its also hard to pull them apart, you need to pull them apart far enough so that the 5x2 plug can sit on top of the 9x2. What i was worrying about is not how it bend, but the possibility that some of the cables are loosen up from their plug/header/whatever it is.

i finally mamaged to plug them forcefully, i hope i dont blow up my first build

6 minutes ago, LinusShitpostTips said:

i finally mamaged to plug them forcefully, i hope i dont blow up my first build

ah! ok, I get it! But it's normal that you have to separate the individual wires, the wires will be "stuck" together and you have to pull each wire apart. No need to worry, it's normal and as you just realized, isn't something that's covered in manuals! ;)

Edited by wkdpaul

19 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

You're clearly doing something wrong.

There's no need to bend any cables, the 9x2 goes on the bottom left, and 5x2 on the top left. You shouldn't have to force on anything.

You can look at this video to give you an idea of how to connect the cables ;

i do have to put 5x2 on top of the 9x2 dude

And i have to bend or twist the 5x2 so i can put it on top of the 9x2, have you seen the picture of the plug and the layout of the PSU? i have to do it forcefully, there is no other way, and its hard AF. That video doesnt give me the slightest idea on how to plug in the MB cable.

edit: so i have to pull some wires apart?

5 minutes ago, LinusShitpostTips said:

i do have to put 5x2 on top of the 9x2 dude

And i have to bend or twist the 5x2 so i can put it on top of the 9x2, have you seen the picture of the plug and the layout of the PSU? i have to do it forcefully, there is no other way, and its hard AF

And I'm saying you're not supposed to. You have to separate the 2 connectors, just slightly pull on the wires to separate them from the 9x2. If you check the video I posted, the 5x2 isn't tight and even looks loose.

17 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

And I'm saying you're not supposed to. You have to separate the 2 connectors, just slightly pull on the wires to separate them from the 9x2. If you check the video I posted, the 5x2 isn't tight and even looks loose.

425959518_WhatsAppImage2020-04-18at02_53_18.jpeg.79d518674eeb0d8e419809970c4d91f9.jpeg

i dont feel soo good with this and how it looks, this psu is surely dumb

13 minutes ago, LinusShitpostTips said:

i dont feel soo good with this and how it looks, this psu is surely dumb

Yeah, that's not the best user experience !!! :(