Automatic Handbrake Encoder

Hi all - 

I watched the LTT video of how their workflow is ingested and converted to a final output file to upload to Youtube. It got me thinking, how could I could write some sort of script for my Linux box using FFMpeg/Handbrake or whatever to automatically convert a video file, say a 4K .mov file to a 1080p compressed MP4 file when the directory detects a new .mov file is imported into a certain directory?

For example, EposVox has a similar demonstration using FFMpeg for his compression scripts. I'll link the video at the specific time.

For reference, my box is running Lubuntu 19.04.

https://youtu.be/eBTWSnSTWRA?t=315

Thank you all!

33 minutes ago, TheGermanEngie said:

It got me thinking, how could I could write some sort of script for my Linux box using FFMpeg/Handbrake or whatever to automatically convert a video file, say a 4K .mov file to a 1080p compressed MP4 file when the directory detects a new .mov file is imported into a certain directory?

You can use dnotify to execute a command when a new file is written into a directory.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

• 5 weeks later...