Problem with my motherboard.

This is my first PC build. Today I decided to change the location of my fan to see with I could get better cpu temps. While doing that I notice some damage on a silver pin in the back of my motherboard.

This big pin ( pic. 1) has some damage on its tip, It's like it's been scratched.

The second damage that I notice (pic. 2) is just a pin that is a bit bended, in this group of littles pins. ( I couldn't get a good photo of it, but one of this pins is bended)

So please, I'm really worried if I screwed with my computer. Please help me. Is there a way to fix it?

For now, it's booting and working with no problems.

Sorry for not knowing the name and terms for the motherboard hardware.

Thank you very much!

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

Those are just the soldered legs of through-hole components (such as capacitors) that are mounted to the topside of your motherboard. They won't always look perfect, so that sort of stuff is natural in the production process. Nothing should be broken.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Thank you for your answer!

Oh, I see now. So it's nothing to worry about.
Every time I see a little imperfection on my build I already get stressed.

So for the sake of my mind, there is no problem if you damage those pins in the back of the motherboard?

Because I think that I damaged the pin while setting the case on my table.

There is a lot of stuff that I don't know about building a computer and it just make me feel frustrate like anytime I'm going to screw with my build.

7 minutes ago, sudario said:

Thank you for your answer!

Oh, I see now. So it's nothing to worry about.
Every time I see a little imperfection on my build I already get stressed.

So for the sake of my mind, there is no problem if you damage those pins in the back of the motherboard?

Because I think that I damaged the pin while setting the case on my table.

There is a lot of stuff that I don't know about building a computer and it just make me feel frustrate like anytime I'm going to screw with my build.

There shouldn't be an issue with the damage that they have on them at the moment. The small pin may have bent when you placed it on a table, but so long as it doesn't bend to the point of breaking (or bend onto an adjacent pin and make contact with it), it shouldn't be an issue. The damage to the large pin was probably already there unless you dragged the board along your table, and that also shouldn't be an issue.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)