Best tool to see information about laptop status?

Go to solution Solved by unclewebb,
12 hours ago, Uday_Sama said:

i want to have a stress test and stats

ThrottleStop has a stress test called the TS Bench test. 

4kwH4Kk.png

It will report errors when your CPU voltage is not set high enough.  It also allows single thread full load testing which is just as important as full load testing when adjusting laptop voltage.  Most laptops use a higher multiplier when partially loaded so you need to test that your offset voltage is stable during this situation as well.

The ThrottleStop Limit Reasons window reports all of the reasons why a laptop CPU might be throttling, including some reasons that no other monitoring software is reporting.  Intel XTU does not correctly report throttling when it is caused by BD PROCHOT.

miCf7kN.png

pIHGn32.png

HWiNFO is a great monitoring utility but when trying to find out why your laptop is throttling, HWiNFO can be "too much information".  ThrottleStop concentrates on throttling reasons that are specific to Intel laptops.  

The latest version of ThrottleStop also lets you adjust the thermal throttling temperature.  Post some pics if you need help.

I want to underclock my cpu to reduce temps. I'm using Intel XTU right now because i can analyse the temps and clocks with the graphs and stress test but it seems kind of buggy.

Many recommended to use throttlestop but i want to have a stress test and stats as like in xtu to know the reason for performance drops temps etc( using hwinfo but it doesn't seem to have continuous data analysis or stress test)

So please suggest some tools to analyze reason for throttling,graphs like xtu and a good way to stress test.

A Newbie here kind of hard to get things right

Please help!

Well. HWInfo64 is probably the best fit. 

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

3 minutes ago, Pickles - Lord of the Jar said:

Well. HWInfo64 is probably the best fit. 

Umm anyway to stresstest? and hwinfo doesnt show complete analysis overtime right?it shows current min max status right?

2 hours ago, Uday_Sama said:

Umm anyway to stresstest? and hwinfo doesnt show complete analysis overtime right?it shows current min max status right?

You can set it up to do graphing. Alternatively, not free, but AIDA64 may be more of what you want. I use it and Linus also uses too. 

HW Info64 can do graphing though. Just double click on the item you wanna graph. 

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

12 hours ago, Uday_Sama said:

i want to have a stress test and stats

ThrottleStop has a stress test called the TS Bench test. 

4kwH4Kk.png

It will report errors when your CPU voltage is not set high enough.  It also allows single thread full load testing which is just as important as full load testing when adjusting laptop voltage.  Most laptops use a higher multiplier when partially loaded so you need to test that your offset voltage is stable during this situation as well.

The ThrottleStop Limit Reasons window reports all of the reasons why a laptop CPU might be throttling, including some reasons that no other monitoring software is reporting.  Intel XTU does not correctly report throttling when it is caused by BD PROCHOT.

miCf7kN.png

pIHGn32.png

HWiNFO is a great monitoring utility but when trying to find out why your laptop is throttling, HWiNFO can be "too much information".  ThrottleStop concentrates on throttling reasons that are specific to Intel laptops.  

The latest version of ThrottleStop also lets you adjust the thermal throttling temperature.  Post some pics if you need help.