Force G-Sync to appear?

TheHalfDecentGuy

I want to use G-Sync on my Freesync enabled monitor but my monitor isn't in the list of compatible ones :(

Is there a way to force the control panel to let me use G-Sync. or do I have to get a G-Sync compatible monitor

( For reference, my monitor is the Acer KG271bmiix https://www.amazon.co.uk/Acer-KG271bmiix-Monitor-FreeSync-ZeroFrame/dp/B071W5TXX4 )

Thanks in advance :D

If your monitor is one of the G-Sync Compatible models, then G-Sync should automatically enable itself, as should variable refresh rates. If not, you can manually enable G-Sync using the following steps:

Open Nvidia Control Panel

Go to “Display: Set up G-SYNC”

Check “Enable G-SYNC G-SYNC Compatible” and select your preferred options

Select your monitor

Check “Enable settings for the selected display model”

Apply settings

https://www.techradar.com/how-to/how-to-turn-your-freesync-monitor-into-a-g-sync-monitor

^this

make sure you have the freesync setting enabled in your monitor menu

If you're formally an engineer, avoid responsibility. That's what senior engineers get paid for.

Just now, IntMD said:

If your monitor is one of the G-Sync Compatible models, then G-Sync should automatically enable itself, as should variable refresh rates. If not, you can manually enable G-Sync using the following steps:

Open Nvidia Control Panel

Go to “Display: Set up G-SYNC”

Check “Enable G-SYNC G-SYNC Compatible” and select your preferred options

Select your monitor

Check “Enable settings for the selected display model”

Apply settings

https://www.techradar.com/how-to/how-to-turn-your-freesync-monitor-into-a-g-sync-monitor

Sorry, I might've worded it incorrectly.

image.png.75ed991c59c12d887bcc836895f7ee94.png

There is no "Set up G-Sync" option there, I don't have a DisplayPort connector on my monitor, do I have to get a HDMI to DisplayPort to even get G-Sync to show up?

Otherwise, is there a program or something that can make Nvidia Control Panel think the monitor is G-Sync compatible

3 minutes ago, ImSnow said:

Sorry, I might've worded it incorrectly.

image.png.75ed991c59c12d887bcc836895f7ee94.png

There is no "Set up G-Sync" option there, I don't have a DisplayPort connector on my monitor, do I have to get a HDMI to DisplayPort to even get G-Sync to show up?

Pretty sure Nvidia still requires displayport on most monitors for GSync to work, I think they might be going to change that as they have enabled it via HDMI on the LG B9 & C9 OLED TVs. No idea if it would still work with a displayport to HDMI cable or not, either.

34 minutes ago, IntMD said:

Pretty sure Nvidia still requires displayport on most monitors for GSync to work, I think they might be going to change that as they have enabled it via HDMI on the LG B9 & C9 OLED TVs. No idea if it would still work with a displayport to HDMI cable or not, either.

I bought a displayport to hdmi cable, hopefully that works

:) Thanks for the help though