Need advice wether or not buy a Radeon RX 5700 XT

Stevee
Im currently planning my first pc build. I currently own a Laptop (alienware) but its pretty old by now. Working/Gaming have become more and more frustrating because of more and more little issues, (have to run on low setting because of heat etc).
With the current revolution in AMD Products i thought its a pretty good time to invest in a Well rounded Rig, with amd CPU&GPU

My Problem:
I have read a bunch of reviews of the RX 5700 XT, although most of them are pretty positive, a fair number is pretty concerning.

I heard alot about heat problems, that its a pretty good card at first but after some time users are experiencing short lags(0,25-0,5s), stuttering and frame drops. (pretty much the same stuff im experiencing right now with my laptop and which im trying to avoid desperatly by getting a pc).
I would need some help rating these problems, i have read about and if its safer to pick a better (2060 Super ?) or lower card, i cant switch back to anything and dont want to gamble with my first build.

in terms of drivers, they were mostly fixed for the 5700xt, so there are much fewer problems like stuttering and crashing.

in terms of bad thermals, there are a few models you should avoid, like the asus tuf and the thicc ii and the evoke, but the rest are fine.

I have one and its PERFECT! The driver issues and all this shit has been resolved. Go for it. Its NICE price/perf ;)

I reccoemnd the Nitro Pulse or RedDevil/Dragon models 

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

16 minutes ago, Stevee said:
Im currently planning my first pc build. I currently own a Laptop (alienware) but its pretty old by now. Working/Gaming have become more and more frustrating because of more and more little issues, (have to run on low setting because of heat etc).
With the current revolution in AMD Products i thought its a pretty good time to invest in a Well rounded Rig, with amd CPU&GPU

My Problem:
I have read a bunch of reviews of the RX 5700 XT, although most of them are pretty positive, a fair number is pretty concerning.

I heard alot about heat problems, that its a pretty good card at first but after some time users are experiencing short lags(0,25-0,5s), stuttering and frame drops. (pretty much the same stuff im experiencing right now with my laptop and which im trying to avoid desperatly by getting a pc).
I would need some help rating these problems, i have read about and if its safer to pick a better (2060 Super ?) or lower card, i cant switch back to anything and dont want to gamble with my first build.

The 5700xt has an incredible price/performance value. It performs like a 2070 super in my opinion. Excellent choice if you don't care about rtx

hardware unboxed just did testing with the card: 

They also addressed the driver problems a couple of times on their channel and still recommend buying the card over the 2060 super.

Like he said, if you've never experienced any problems first hand and the people you know that are using the card haven't had those problems either, it's hard for them to recommend against it, since it has better performance.

They made community polls as well and AMD cards did indeed show more problems up until a certain driver release that fixed the problems for many. He said before that he suspects a lot of those problems stem from users installing the drivers over old drivers sometimes over nvidia drivers. 

Personally I got a good deal on a radeon card (5600 xt) so I gave it a shot. Uninstalled my nvidia drivers, didn't clean up correctly, had a blackscreen in windows. Didn't feel like fumbling around with it, reinstalled windows, no more problems.

I have a stable system right now and have never had any problems while gaming.

Going nvidia would have been the safer option, but also more expensive. Also don't forget nvidia cards can have problems too. But from the polls I mentioned earlier it seemed like AMD was doing a little bit worse (forgot the numbers but something like 10% Nvidia users had problems with their GPU and 20% AMD) 

If you want to look closer here is february 

and here is march 

The 2060 super is a great card too and probably a little bit safer option. From the benchmarks I would say if you play pubg only might as well buy the 2060s :D Otherwise I would recommend going for AMD though if you're doing a fresh build anyways, most likely it will run great. 

12 minutes ago, merco said:

hardware unboxed just did testing with the card: 

They also addressed the driver problems a couple of times on their channel and still recommend buying the card over the 2060 super.

Like he said, if you've never experienced any problems first hand and the people you know that are using the card haven't had those problems either, it's hard for them to recommend against it, since it has better performance.

They made community polls as well and AMD cards did indeed show more problems up until a certain driver release that fixed the problems for many. He said before that he suspects a lot of those problems stem from users installing the drivers over old drivers sometimes over nvidia drivers. 

Personally I got a good deal on a radeon card (5600 xt) so I gave it a shot. Uninstalled my nvidia drivers, didn't clean up correctly, had a blackscreen in windows. Didn't feel like fumbling around with it, reinstalled windows, no more problems.

I have a stable system right now and have never had any problems while gaming.

Going nvidia would have been the safer option, but also more expensive. Also don't forget nvidia cards can have problems too. But from the polls I mentioned earlier it seemed like AMD was doing a little bit worse (forgot the numbers but something like 10% Nvidia users had problems with their GPU and 20% AMD) 

If you want to look closer here is february 

and here is march 

The 2060 super is a great card too and probably a little bit safer option. From the benchmarks I would say if you play pubg only might as well buy the 2060s :D Otherwise I would recommend going for AMD though if you're doing a fresh build anyways, most likely it will run great. 

Thanks a lot for the detailed reply, this cleared things up for me :D