My DEFINE R4 - Update & NEW pics!

adriel604

After seeing your pic I have been trying to find two of these.  I can't seem to find any.  Really like the look of these.

Thanks.  Yea they are pretty good.  Clean look and does the job well as far as I can tell.  Simple magnet design too.  I tried looking around quickly for it in a US seller can't find any either.  Maybe it's only sold in Canada?

Btw, I love your build and your setup.  Clean cable management and I like how u painted your pci slot covers all blue.  looks really good.  Now I don't know if I made the right decision painting mine black. lol.  Oh I think we have the same ram too

Thanks.  Yea they are pretty good.  Clean look and does the job well as far as I can tell.  Simple magnet design too.  I tried looking around quickly for it in a US seller can't find any either.  Maybe it's only sold in Canada?

Btw, I love your build and your setup.  Clean cable management and I like how u painted your pci slot covers all blue.  looks really good.  Now I don't know if I made the right decision painting mine black. lol.  Oh I think we have the same ram too

I will have to keep an eye out for them and maybe I will find a pair some day.  I'm using a dual 140mm DEMCifilter on top at the moment, but I think yours look much better.

Thanks.  I painted the PCI slot covers and the bottom hdd sleds with blue plasti-dip.   I like it, but If Fractal would have sold extra parts like Corsair does I would have just bought black ones.

Have you seen the Fractal Node 804 yet?  They are also some pics going around of a expandable AIO liquid cooler they will be selling at some point.

those fan filters are the best i've seen!

indeed very sleek design.  The ones you used were pretty good too I think but I couldn't find them here in Canada.  Glad I came across these though.  If you put 2 side by side like I did it looks like it's only one piece!

I will have to keep an eye out for them and maybe I will find a pair some day.  I'm using a dual 140mm DEMCifilter on top at the moment, but I think yours look much better.

Thanks.  I painted the PCI slot covers and the bottom hdd sleds with blue plasti-dip.   I like it, but If Fractal would have sold extra parts like Corsair does I would have just bought black ones.

Have you seen the Fractal Node 804 yet?  They are also some pics going around of a expandable AIO liquid cooler they will be selling at some point.

Yea I was actually looking for DEMCifilters after I saw them on @d33g33 's case but couldn't find them around these parts..

Here are some links if you want you can order from these Canadian stores lol:

http://products.ncix.com/detail/inwin-magnetic-air-filter-black-ce-71855.htm

http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX48533

I actually wish I just did plasti-dip myself instead of paint.. it required a gabajillion layers before it looked good.  I too hope one day Fractal Design will sell spare parts.. who knows maybe they will because they like to pride themselves as the company that listens.  We should tell them.

Yes I have seen the Node 804.  I like it.  I can see myself having that as my HTPC in my living room :)  But right now one computer is good enough for me.  Any future plans for your R4?

I hadn't seen the 804 until mentioned in the above post so I did a search. Damn. If you're smart with radiator selection that case could be amazing.

Yes it just reeks of potential.  I personally think you should build a machine in the 804! :) 

Yea I was actually looking for DEMCifilters after I saw them on @d33g33 's case but couldn't find them around these parts..

Here are some links if you want you can order from these Canadian stores lol:

http://products.ncix.com/detail/inwin-magnetic-air-filter-black-ce-71855.htm

http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX48533

I actually wish I just did plasti-dip myself instead of paint.. it required a gabajillion layers before it looked good.  I too hope one day Fractal Design will sell spare parts.. who knows maybe they will because they like to pride themselves as the company that listens.  We should tell them.

Yes I have seen the Node 804.  I like it.  I can see myself having that as my HTPC in my living room :)  But right now one computer is good enough for me.  Any future plans for your R4?

Thanks for the links :)

I know. We should start a petition so Fractal will sell spare parts on their website.  Corsair got it right when they decided they would do it.

I will for sure get a Node 804 to put some spare & New hardware in, but I really hope they release that Liquid Cooler soon. I was planing on getting Glacer 240L, but now I'm going to wait to see what the final form of the Fractal one looks like.

Oh, and yea it does look like we have the same RAM.  It looks like you have black Patriot Viper.  Mine are the Patriot Intel Extreme Masters. Which is the same thing just blue with a intel logo on them.

Looks solid man, cable management is good, lighting looks great! Goob job! 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

Looks solid man, cable management is good, lighting looks great! Goob job! 

Thanks bro.  I'll take new pics when my bitfenix cables come!

you have a good build too.  When are you getting a gpu?

Thanks for the links :)

I know. We should start a petition so Fractal will sell spare parts on their website.  Corsair got it right when they decided they would do it.

I will for sure get a Node 804 to put some spare & New hardware in, but I really hope they release that Liquid Cooler soon. I was planing on getting Glacer 240L, but now I'm going to wait to see what the final form of the Fractal one looks like.

Oh, and yea it does look like we have the same RAM.  It looks like you have black Patriot Viper.  Mine are the Patriot Intel Extreme Masters. Which is the same thing just blue with a intel logo on them.

I'm down to start a petition.  How do we go about doing that? haha

What will your 804 be used for?  Yea the glacer 240L looks good.. same performance as an H105 was it? anyway I'm interested to see Fractal's AIO too.  Knowing them it will for sure look sleek and refined.

I'm thinking about getting 2 of your ram sticks so that my ram alternates black blue black blue but I'm not sure.. you think that will look good? lol

I'm down to start a petition.  How do we go about doing that? haha

What will your 804 be used for?  Yea the glacer 240L looks good.. same performance as an H105 was it? anyway I'm interested to see Fractal's AIO too.  Knowing them it will for sure look sleek and refined.

I'm thinking about getting 2 of your ram sticks so that my ram alternates black blue black blue but I'm not sure.. you think that will look good? lol

The only way I know of is to have as many people as possible write them emails. I have already mentioned it to them once by email.

It's funny you mentioned it. I considered getting a Black Viper 16gb set to have a blue/black color mix.  So yeah I think it would look good.

If you haven't seen what the Fractal AIO looks like here is the link to some pictures of the prototypes.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/126480-new-fractal-aio-water-cooling/

{EDIT}  I fixed the link.

Thanks bro.  I'll take new pics when my bitfenix cables come!

you have a good build too.  When are you getting a gpu?

Ha I got a GPU a while back, it has been having problems so I didn't update my log yet, should be updating it today :)

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

Ha I got a GPU a while back, it has been having problems so I didn't update my log yet, should be updating it today :)

Oh ok, hope it works out for you bud

• 4 weeks later...

Nice build! :) I had the same PSU problem in my old system and i just used some cable ties out of a black textile (i hope you know what i mean). Wouldn't it be also possible to sleeve the big harnesses with a very wide and very close blue or black sleeve just for a little part until it goes to the back? :) I like your board, almost the same as mine:P

Really nice build! I am quite jealous of your cable management with the braided extensions, I have just completed a pretty similar build but using all team red parts (http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/136526-summer-2014-plans-update/), I may have to try and copy  your cable management a bit to get it looking that clean in the back. 

CPU  Intel i7 5820k Motherboard Asus X99-S  RAM  32GB (8x4) Kingston Hyper X Fury GPU EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2 iCX Case Fractal Design R4 Windowed Storage 500GB Samsung 850 Evo + 120GB Crucial M500 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda + 1TB Western Digital Blue PSU Corsair RM1000 Display 2x Asus VS239HV Cooling  Noctua NH-D15 Keyboard  Corsair K70 RGB Mouse Logitech G502 Gaming Surface Razer Golitahus Extended Speed

You make my define r4 look like crap :/ But seriously dude good build :D

Life.exe is missing

Nice build! :) I had the same PSU problem in my old system and i just used some cable ties out of a black textile (i hope you know what i mean). Wouldn't it be also possible to sleeve the big harnesses with a very wide and very close blue or black sleeve just for a little part until it goes to the back? :) I like your board, almost the same as mine:P

Thanks man!  Yea I think I can definitely work on the back a little more lol.  As for my colorful wires I will try put some electrical tape on it first. and see how that looks lol .. yea I think your board is a bit more expensive than mine?

Really nice build! I am quite jealous of your cable management with the braided extensions, I have just completed a pretty similar build but using all team red parts (http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/136526-summer-2014-plans-update/), I may have to try and copy  your cable management a bit to get it looking that clean in the back. 

Thanks man I appreciate it.  Your build is nice too.  Don't let other people discourage you when they bash your hardware.  Keep it up and yes feel free to copy whatever you like I won't sue you.. :P

You make my define r4 look like crap :/ But seriously dude good build :D

haha can you link me to your build?  thanks a lot man I'm sure yours looks good too can't wait to see

Nice looking R4..... good looking backlight effect

thank you sir!