Saving money with Crossfire?

I'm building my roommate a PC, and we've hit a price spike between paychecks, so I'm wondering if we can save a bit of money by getting 2 RX580s instead of a 5700xt.

For context, his use case is Autocad and light 3D modeling, with a little bit of gaming on the side. 

This is the 580 I'm considering 

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/y2DzK8/sapphire-radeon-rx-580-8gb-pulse-video-card-11265-05

This is the 5700xt I'm considering 

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/6kdrxr/gigabyte-radeon-rx-5700-xt-8-gb-gaming-oc-video-card-gv-r57xtgaming-oc-8gd

The core question is what the performance impact of 2 RX580s in Crossfire would be compared to a single RX5700xt? 

Also, if anyone has the time to explain the reasoning to me, I'd greatly appreciate it! 

Not worth the time as a great majority of games don't support dual GPU's.

Most softwares to my knowledge utilize one GPU a lot better than dual as well, depends which ones you're referencing though

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

4 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Not worth the time as a great majority of games don't support dual GPU's.

Most softwares to my knowledge utilize one GPU a lot better than dual as well, depends which ones you're referencing though

The software he's going to be using is the Autodesk suite, and the gaming isn't a priority. 

Is there a resource for what softwares work best in which way? 

19 minutes ago, Wallaceman105 said:

The software he's going to be using is the Autodesk suite, and the gaming isn't a priority. 

Is there a resource for what softwares work best in which way? 

I think those don't support crossfire or sli, so a single faster gpu is your best bet