Computer has a wired smell

Hi, I'm currently having an issue and wonder if anyone has knowledge on this.

I've looked through the forums on similar issues and have checked my GPU, PSU and cables. I haven't seen any signs of burn damage on any of them.

I usually do a light cleaning every 2-3 months using compressed air but I did a full clean 3 months ago.

Thought the week I noticed a funny smell in my room that smelt smokey, but due to working on my work PC for most of the day, I didn't take notice. I only really to note on Friday while gaming on my personal device when I started feeling it in my throat.

Is possible that the PSU could be failing it perhaps my electrical sockets might be underpowering due to having too many plugs plugged in.

2 minutes ago, CallMeBelinquentment said:

possible that the PSU could be failing it perhaps my electrical sockets might be underpowering due to having too many plugs plugged in.

That definitely wouldn't cause smoke inside the PC, but you should probably try not to burn your house down (or at least don't trip a breaker, those outlets have their limits.)

Run your PC in a different room to see if the smell is in fact coming from the PC.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

I'll try that.

The smell is (smokey/chemical, electrical smell) there's not smoke in my PC

There are also no smokers in the house

I've set up my PC in a different room and the smell is almost unnoticeable. The only way I know there's a smell is by putting my nose close to the top of my case where the psu is mounted.

I also noticed on startup when my Radeon Software opens up and I check performance I can see that 72% of my Ram is being utilised

15866975032924644769536558823901.jpg