Case Fan

LordKitsune

First: I'm not sure where to put this. Not expecting any replies or anything really, just putting an experience out that I've had!

Case Fan

Manufacturer: Enermax

Name: D.F. Storm

Added to Build: Early March, 2016 - build was less than a month old at this point.

Removed from build: Mid April, 2020 - fan had been taken apart and lubed for the last time. Wouldn't stop ticking.

I'm writing this as a recommendation. I used that fan at 3500 RPM for the duration of its life up until about a week prior (turning the rpm down stopped the ticking for a little while). When I built the thing I ran it for about 8 months before the factory lubricant dried up, causing it to make one of the worst sounds I had ever heard. A quick trip down to Fry's Electronics and $20, the thing was running like now. Sadly, the dude that was helping me out through the build (it was my first one), tore the sticker off (the logo sticker serves as a dust shield on this BA little fan). I'm under the impression that had that not happened, it would still be running due to not getting particulates in it.

I would definitely recommend this fan  IF you don't mind your computer sounding like a jet engine. Moves a lot of air... and it sure does hurt when you get a knuckle in it.

-Moved to Member Reviews-

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25