No NVIDIA GPU PhysX if non-NVIDIA graphics is present

BeastlyCarrot

LOL Isn't that what they already di- shit I forgot PhysX on CPU was a thing...

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Does this mean that PhysX will not be allowed on amd gpu's? I mean, it sucks on amd gpu's but to know that it is still there is nice.

It never was allowed. The thing was that they would be processed on the CPU which sucked BIG TIME and it seems like they will remove the feature entirely. It doesn't really matter, as PhysX with an AMD gpu was completely useless anyways.

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Isn't physx single threaded for cpus?

Yes however the processing of it either way sucked. 

Does this mean that PhysX will not be allowed on amd gpu's? I mean, it sucks on amd gpu's but to know that it is still there is nice.

PhysX is a collection of CUDA code that nVidia release to game developer, that's the reason it doesn't run on AMD hardware.

Previously you could run an AMD Graphics card as your primary rendering card and have a secondary NVIDIA card for PhysX processing, this will no longer be possible, although it wasn't an optimal solution to begin with...

Previously you could run an AMD Graphics card as your primary rendering card and have a secondary NVIDIA card for PhysX processing, this will no longer be possible, although it wasn't an optimal solution to begin with...

It wasn't possible for a LONG time buddy. It was in a driver update like a year ago if I recall correctly.

It wasn't possible for a LONG time buddy. It was in a driver update like a year ago if I recall correctly.

Guess I am wrongly informed then, thx for the heads up :)

IIMO nVidia doesn't want to support it that's why they don't allow it.

Old news.  Nvidia hasn't allowed this for a long time.  Besides, everyone kinda figured this would be the case when Nvidia bought Ageia back in 2008. 

Current Rig
AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming WiFi 2 - 32 GB GSkill TridentZ RGB
GeForce RTX 3080 - WD Black SN850 1TB  - Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL

Well it's a nice-ish feature, it's not super necessary. I never got why Nvidia has done this type of thing.

yay i can see sparks flying off my bullets.

big deal.

/sarcasm. Yes i know it does more than that.. but I still dont see it being a reason to switch to Nvidia.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Guess I am wrongly informed then, thx for the heads up :)

Actually, I thought someone made 3rd-party drivers: HybridPhysX to make it "work". But, it's only compatible up to PhysX 2.0. NVidia have, for a while, disabled their cards if a non-Nvidia card was the main GPU.

Corsair Obsidian 250D | be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 550W | Asus Maximus VI Impact | Intel i7-4770k | Corsair h100i (with Noctua NF-F12) | G.Skill RipjawsX 2x8GB | Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | WD Black 1TB | eVGA GTX Titan Black (+ ACX cooler)

Featured by NCIXEsther: Titan-Stuffed 250D