GeForce GTX 1660 Ti - first fan stops spinning

SCPS

Hello, my video card is MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Ti VENTUS XS OC 6GB GDDR6 192-bit.
I bought it last year in October. For the first 2 months worked perfectly but then all of a sudden it started to have a weird behavior.

At first it only happened during or after playing high-end games such as Witcher 3, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Now it happens almost every time i play a game. First fan of the gpu ceases to spin and the second fan along with the processor start spinning in order to compensate for the first being dead at 100 % capacity , its really noisy and restarting the computer doesn't fix it. In order to get it to spin again i have to open my computer case and try to manually spin it with my finger in order to work again. I tried using older driver versions but the problem is still the same. Is there an actual fix or should i send it back ?

I dont know what to do anymore, tried posting on Nvidia forums, didnt help me much.
Now it happens more often than ever, today i couldnt get it to spin again,so i had to remove the screws and unplug it from motherboard.
I dont know what i really expected to accomplish with that but i was desparate and couldnt think of anything else, after a few more tries of forcing it to spin using my finger it started to work again. I have a feeling that this method is not going to work for much longer .
I downloaded latest utility from the site, the one that checks bios version and it says i am up to date.

Could it be a voltage issue? Current voltage in idle is 0,6-0,7.

PC SPECS :

GPU : MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Ti VENTUS XS OC 6GB GDDR6 192-bit
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz box
Motherboard : ASRock B450M PRO4
PSU: Seasonic S12II-520 Bronze 520W
HDD: Seagate BarraCuda 1TB SATA-III 7200RPM 64MB
SSD: Plextor M9PeG Series 256GB PCI Express 3.0 x4 M.2 2280

If you can manually spin it and it will then start up again, that means the fan is basically dead. Likely bearing or the motor itself. In short RMA the card. The reason it will start up again if you spin it is because you are helping the motor overcome a certain amount of resistance.

Now on some cards there is a small switch for an OC bios that will keep those fans running all the time even at idle. If you have one you can try it until you can send it in. But sooner or later that card will overheat while gaming.

26 minutes ago, SCPS said:

Is there an actual fix or should i send it back ?

I dont know what to do anymore, tried posting on Nvidia forums, didnt help me much.

RMA it is what the answer you got off the Nvidia forums, it is the one you will get here, and I doubt you will find a different answer asking anywhere else. I gather it is undesirable for you to RMA it (or you would have done it months ago) so other solutions to the problem are what you are looking for, there actually are a number. You could ignore it untill the card dies and buy a replacement, buy a replacement and sell the curent one off as broken, pull the fan shroud off and make your own replacement (people have been doing this for years, quality ranges from PC fans held on with zipties and wiring covered with tape - to a huge 200mm fans (or bigger, they are very quiet for the amount of air they move) mounted on the case side feeding into custom ducts, get a replacement set of fans (85mm HA9010H12F-Z seems to be the aftermaket name for them, and they seem to be around the US$10-20 online) and fit them your self, get a aftermarket fan cooler that fits your card and bin the current one, or even go watercooled. So you have three choices, which are ignore it, fix it, or RMA it.

Yeah, that's the answer they gave me and i will definetely RMA it but i simply cannot now, 3 more months and i graduate, then i ll be over with it.

I talked to them on the phone last week and they said it would take around 2-3 weeks until i get it back, given the current situation with the pandemic outbreak.

I have projects and online classes, without computer it's truly difficult for me to participate or get anything done, and its not like i have someone who has an extra laptop to give it to me.

Another reason to RMA it is because i have some artifacts in games, like weird jagged/ pixelated edges.

There is a huge topic on your forum, "Jagged Shadows,Pop in,Low LOD and jagged aa " with 127 pages. Tried a few suggestions, gave up as nothing seemed to work, not to mention those artifacts only appeared after the fan stopped working properly.

I paid for a product, i expect to work properly. I am returning it and i am hoping their policy they would allow me to upgrade, willing to spend an extra 100 euro.

Oddly enough, everything seems to be fine for now, the issue is no longer being triggered. After some more deep digging i found a very old reddit post and in the comment section there was one person who mentioned he had similar problem  which was triggered only when using browser so someone else suggested to disable hardware acceleration and it fixed it for him. I am mentioning this because 90% of the time , only happens with browser open. Other then that, after a restart.

I did the same and everthing is fine now, i dont know, maybe its just a stupid coincidence, maybe the problem is still there, it's hard to tell.

It's not like there is a fixed pattern where certain conditions have to be met in order to start behaving abnormally.

Some other things i did:

-used microsoft baseline security analyzer, nothing to mention here, just some missing security updates and suggestions related to permissions and registry.

-changed power plan from AMD RYZEN MASTER BALANCED to HIGH PERFORMANCE

-disabled bios function cool n quiet

-used malware bytes and kaspersky security cloud because i was considering the possibility of a bitcoin miner, detected 1 file from utorrent web app but i think it`s a false-positive.