Grounding PC

Damien19721508
Go to solution Solved by Damien19721508,
10 hours ago, greenhorn said:

I have one of those too, they work well most of the time. Thank you for understanding the little note of caution I put in my last post. I am an electrical engineer but not a qualified electrician, but I have already redone the whole electrical system in one apartment once and had it certified/checked by a real electrician and it was ok. Obviously giving advice from a distance has its shortcomings, that's also why I am cautious.
By the way, in many European countries there was a time when there was no earth wire at all. Back then, it was customary to bridge the neutral and earth connectors in the plugs, but please don't try that, there is a reason that it is now banned here.

I wish you the best of luck with your project. Just take your time and take it step by step.

good news my plugs arrived and one was a 3 pin that fit in the socket so I rewired my PC plug to use the 3 pin plug and plugged it in, then I stroked my hand along the PSU and keyboard and water block and no shocks :D... yet, I'm not yet convinced its fixed but it might be I just hope that in the wall itself that its also been wired up properly. 

I have moved to Vietnam in the last few months and I have discovered something, the apartments here dont have 3 pin plugs they all have 2 pins and even the PC stores sell the PSU cables as 2 pins but my PSU and keyboard and AIO waterblock shocks me now if I touch them, so I'd like to know what I can do to help ground my pc better, I have attached a picture of what the plugs look like but I dont know what type of plug would fit in that other than a 2 pin but there seems to be a third hole but all the plugs in Nam only have 2 pins so how could I ground my pc with no 3rd pin or what plug could I buy that would be able to use that third hole? 

mk9w9.jpg

I think that's just to make it compatible with Type B plugs from the US with the ground prong on it. The third hole might be to save someone the need of cutting off their ground pin while travelling. Since vietnam power plugs looks to be designed to accept Type A (US) and Type C (EU) by default without the third hole. The addition of the third hole looks to be for Type B (US ground) plug support.

Honestly, if there's just no grounding in Vietnam, like at all, for some insane reason and that third hole is just decoration...

You might be better off grounding it yourself, just in case.

You can do it the "proper way", with a grounding rod that you install which would ground the entire house, relatively easy to do yourself, but might want to get an electrician to do it. Then it's a matter of grounding each sockets (which might require the re-run of new power cables through the walls, hence electrician).

I was about to suggest more ghetto ways, but it'd be irresponsible of me to do so. Feel free to google ways to ground a socket without in-home ground.

But frankly, you shouldn't be getting shocked, at all. Ground or no ground. What this tells me is that you have an underlying issue with your PC discharging electricity into the case. This could be a faulty PSU, an extra standoff that really shouldn't be there, to many other things. I'd suggest taking the power supply out of the case and see if you still get shocked. If you are, take the motherboard out of the case too, and see if you still get shocked. If not, the issue comes from the case. Could be the IO shield touching something it shouldn't to a standoff, among other things.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

51 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

I think that's just to make it compatible with Type B plugs from the US with the ground prong on it. The third hole might be to save someone the need of cutting off their ground pin while travelling. Since vietnam power plugs looks to be designed to accept Type A (US) and Type C (EU) by default without the third hole. The addition of the third hole looks to be for Type B (US ground) plug support.

Honestly, if there's just no grounding in Vietnam, like at all, for some insane reason and that third hole is just decoration...

You might be better off grounding it yourself, just in case.

You can do it the "proper way", with a grounding rod that you install which would ground the entire house, relatively easy to do yourself, but might want to get an electrician to do it. Then it's a matter of grounding each sockets (which might require the re-run of new power cables through the walls, hence electrician).

I was about to suggest more ghetto ways, but it'd be irresponsible of me to do so. Feel free to google ways to ground a socket without in-home ground.

But frankly, you shouldn't be getting shocked, at all. Ground or no ground. What this tells me is that you have an underlying issue with your PC discharging electricity into the case. This could be a faulty PSU, an extra standoff that really shouldn't be there, to many other things. I'd suggest taking the power supply out of the case and see if you still get shocked. If you are, take the motherboard out of the case too, and see if you still get shocked. If not, the issue comes from the case. Could be the IO shield touching something it shouldn't to a standoff, among other things.

I have already reached the conclusion that I need to probably have an electrician come and redo the wiring but I live in a apartment building on the 20th floor and I dont think my land lord will have someone rewire her new apartment because I tell her my pc is shocking me, although my pc itself isnt in a case its actually on the motherboard box as I dont have a case and the PSU is sitting next to it on a chair I know it sounds Janky but Ive seen people who do this and never have issues, also my PSU is fairly new, its a Superflower leadex 3 850w gold so I dont think its faulty and my mobo itself doesnt shock me if I touch it, just the PSU and the water block and the keyboard but it doesnt always shock me either some days nothing shocks me but more often than not my PSU seems to shock me, Ive also tested 2 other PSU's and both also shocked me when turned on, which makes me think that the PSU is most likely not faulty, also my keyboard doesnt shock me that much just once in a while and the water block shocked me for the first time today, which concerned me alot since its a large block of water attached to my CPU. 

basically the reason I started this post was to find out which 3 pin plug I could try use in my apartment, I see you said US type B is a ground plug that should be compatible with this socket.

I guess Ill go look for one online and order it and hope I can use it, I have also already ordered a ground testing kit to check whether my plugs are actually grounded and wired properly.

thank you for the response :)

If all else fails, you can put the PSU in a plastic box/container. Plastic is an insulator and doesn't conduct electricity. (So I'm wondering how come the keyboard shocks you since that's supposed to mainly be plastic... But I digress)

Well fuck it, as for ghetto ways, if you find out your particular socket isn't actually grounded even if it has the third ground prong hole...

If you can find something that's actually grounded in your apartment, you could always just run a single wire(12 or 14AWG) from your socket's ground screw (open it up, it's the green screw on the side, usually) to that something's ground screw. Like a baseboard heater for example... Which hopefully, if you have those, they are 100% supposed to be grounded per code here in NA. Dunno about how Vietnam do thing though.

There's also the option of using a waterpipe in replacement to a grounding rod, again with a wire connected to a sanded off portion of the metal pipe... But it's only viable if the entire pipe to ground is made of metal. (some places use plastic pipes... or galvanized pipes which are not that great at conducting electricity.... But overall would still be better than literally nothing since it would dissipate the small shocks you'd get)

But again, I'd highly recommend still getting an electrician's opinion on this. Don't mention to them the "ghetto ways", otherwise they'll think you're about to kill yourself or something.(and they could lose their license if they even encouraged or advised you on that, only some dude without license might do it)

Electricity is not a joking matter after all so if you do go Ghetto, do cut power before attempting to ever even consider opening the wall socket cover.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

9 hours ago, TetraSky said:

If all else fails, you can put the PSU in a plastic box/container. Plastic is an insulator and doesn't conduct electricity. (So I'm wondering how come the keyboard shocks you since that's supposed to mainly be plastic... But I digress)

Well fuck it, as for ghetto ways, if you find out your particular socket isn't actually grounded even if it has the third ground prong hole...

If you can find something that's actually grounded in your apartment, you could always just run a single wire(12 or 14AWG) from your socket's ground screw (open it up, it's the green screw on the side, usually) to that something's ground screw. Like a baseboard heater for example... Which hopefully, if you have those, they are 100% supposed to be grounded per code here in NA. Dunno about how Vietnam do thing though.

There's also the option of using a waterpipe in replacement to a grounding rod, again with a wire connected to a sanded off portion of the metal pipe... But it's only viable if the entire pipe to ground is made of metal. (some places use plastic pipes... or galvanized pipes which are not that great at conducting electricity.... But overall would still be better than literally nothing since it would dissipate the small shocks you'd get)

But again, I'd highly recommend still getting an electrician's opinion on this. Don't mention to them the "ghetto ways", otherwise they'll think you're about to kill yourself or something.(and they could lose their license if they even encouraged or advised you on that, only some dude without license might do it)

Electricity is not a joking matter after all so if you do go Ghetto, do cut power before attempting to ever even consider opening the wall socket cover.

well my keyboard is a K70 lux and the body is aluminium so thats why it conducts so well xD I have read about the ground pipe theories already but my issue with that is that I'm on the 20th floor, I've also considered taking a 3 pin removing the third pin and adding a thin wire that can get into that 3rd hole to make contact with the box in there that's in  theory should be grounded but I'm not sure if its safe to use a random wire as my ground pin, so I've come here hoping for some help, do you think with regards to the plastic bag that something like a zip lock bag would work? I'm desperate to try protect my components here x-x a 1080ti and 8700K  popping on me would be the saddest thing ever especially since I'll probably never be able to replace them.

20 minutes ago, Damien19721508 said:

well my keyboard is a K70 lux and the body is aluminium so thats why it conducts so well xD I have read about the ground pipe theories already but my issue with that is that I'm on the 20th floor, I've also considered taking a 3 pin removing the third pin and adding a thin wire that can get into that 3rd hole to make contact with the box in there that's in  theory should be grounded but I'm not sure if its safe to use a random wire as my ground pin, so I've come here hoping for some help, do you think with regards to the plastic bag that something like a zip lock bag would work? I'm desperate to try protect my components here x-x a 1080ti and 8700K  popping on me would be the saddest thing ever especially since I'll probably never be able to replace them.

There have been many stories in the past about the Corsair K70 series keyboards shocking people, including on Corsair's own forums.  Suggest you do some searching and read up on it as this was a hot topic some years ago, if you haven't already done so.

39 minutes ago, Damien19721508 said:

, do you think with regards to the plastic bag that something like a zip lock bag would work? I'm desperate to try protect my components here x-x a 1080ti and 8700K  popping on me would be the saddest thing ever especially since I'll probably never be able to replace them.

ziploc might be too thin, also has some coating on/in it that could potentially be bad.
Do you have a bin? or storage container? Technically a cardboard box would work too since paper is also an insulator, just not as good.

One thing you could do, don't insert anything in that third hole if it isn't a plug itself, if you do get a Type B plug for the PC, it should fit in just fine.

That said, you can verify if there is ground by removing the plastic cover of the socket, the screws are likely hidden under those two oval shapes on the top and bottom of the frontal plate (I highly recommend that you shut off the power at your electrical panel first, just in case). Then, using a flashlight to see properly, check if there is a grounding screw on the side of the socket and if it is connected to a wire. Sometimes it could be behind the socket entirely so you could loosen it up to check behind it. (Again, CUT THE POWER, even more so if you take it off the metal box in the wall to check behind it while it's still wired up)

If it isn't, it means that third hole is useless and is literally just there to prevent you from needing to cut off your grounding pin on your cables (which is good... because you're not damaging your stuff... But bad because there's no ground lol)

wiring-black-and-ground-wire.jpg

This is a Type B socket seen from the side, notice the green screw there? That's the grounding screw and it's connected to a wire, meaning this plug is grounded.

If you have a ground screw (don't mistake it for the Hot/Cold screws (white and black wire, usually ground is Bare copper but can be in a green plastic cover, too)) and it is connected to a wire, good news, you've got ground! You just need to change your PC's power cable to one with a ground pin. Order it online if need be.

From what I can tell, since your socket can handle Type B, you'd need a " NEMA 5-15P to C13 " cable, preferably 14 or 16AWG for your computer, don't get 18AWG, that's for lower power things like Monitors or printers and may cause issues (I've run into that one before... it just couldn't supply enough power to the PC and it would reboot, cable was super hot to the touch... bad idea all around)

If you do have a screw but it isn't connected to a wire in the wall, you can wire it up with something as cheap as a 14AWG speaker wire to the green screw and link it up to a water pipe that has been sanded and mount it with something like a metal or plastic clamp. (I guess rolling it around the pipe and using a ziptie could work too, as long as the wire is bare and the pipe was sanded for maximum contact)

Because no constant power will be flowing through this cable, it doesn't need to be solid copper, but I'd still recommend 14AWG for the wire. It should be just enough to take away the random spikes of power that have no where to go once in a while.

Technically you could also just link the wire to a bare metal part of the PSU(that you sanded off) and link that up to the waterpipe if you want to try it. (Kinda how you'd use an anti static wrist strap)

This would at least all you to know if this whole thing would work at all.

2 hours ago, Falkentyne said:

There have been many stories in the past about the Corsair K70 series keyboards shocking people, including on Corsair's own forums.  Suggest you do some searching and read up on it as this was a hot topic some years ago, if you haven't already done so.

yeah I actually looked it up already but most people said RMA but I'm not currently in the country where I purchased it so I cant RMA till I'm back there so for now I can live with it but my PSU and water block shocking me I'm not comfortable with as the shocks actually hurt so it concerns me that it could be damaging my components which is why I'm trying to find a way to help ground it or insulate it.

2 hours ago, TetraSky said:

ziploc might be too thin, also has some coating on/in it that could potentially be bad.
Do you have a bin? or storage container? Technically a cardboard box would work too since paper is also an insulator, just not as good.

One thing you could do, don't insert anything in that third hole if it isn't a plug itself, if you do get a Type B plug for the PC, it should fit in just fine.

That said, you can verify if there is ground by removing the plastic cover of the socket, the screws are likely hidden under those two oval shapes on the top and bottom of the frontal plate (I highly recommend that you shut off the power at your electrical panel first, just in case). Then, using a flashlight to see properly, check if there is a grounding screw on the side of the socket and if it is connected to a wire. Sometimes it could be behind the socket entirely so you could loosen it up to check behind it. (Again, CUT THE POWER, even more so if you take it off the metal box in the wall to check behind it while it's still wired up)

If it isn't, it means that third hole is useless and is literally just there to prevent you from needing to cut off your grounding pin on your cables (which is good... because you're not damaging your stuff... But bad because there's no ground lol)

wiring-black-and-ground-wire.jpg

This is a Type B socket seen from the side, notice the green screw there? That's the grounding screw and it's connected to a wire, meaning this plug is grounded.

If you have a ground screw (don't mistake it for the Hot/Cold screws (white and black wire, usually ground is Bare copper but can be in a green plastic cover, too)) and it is connected to a wire, good news, you've got ground! You just need to change your PC's power cable to one with a ground pin. Order it online if need be.

From what I can tell, since your socket can handle Type B, you'd need a " NEMA 5-15P to C13 " cable, preferably 14 or 16AWG for your computer, don't get 18AWG, that's for lower power things like Monitors or printers and may cause issues (I've run into that one before... it just couldn't supply enough power to the PC and it would reboot, cable was super hot to the touch... bad idea all around)

If you do have a screw but it isn't connected to a wire in the wall, you can wire it up with something as cheap as a 14AWG speaker wire to the green screw and link it up to a water pipe that has been sanded and mount it with something like a metal or plastic clamp. (I guess rolling it around the pipe and using a ziptie could work too, as long as the wire is bare and the pipe was sanded for maximum contact)

Because no constant power will be flowing through this cable, it doesn't need to be solid copper, but I'd still recommend 14AWG for the wire. It should be just enough to take away the random spikes of power that have no where to go once in a while.

Technically you could also just link the wire to a bare metal part of the PSU(that you sanded off) and link that up to the waterpipe if you want to try it. (Kinda how you'd use an anti static wrist strap)

This would at least all you to know if this whole thing would work at all.

my issue is I cant attach a copper pipe to the line as where would I put the copper pipe if Im on the 20th floor of my building could I just leave the pipe on the ground in my apartment? that doesnt sound safe to me xD, my mobo is resting on the mobo box like I said do you think if I put the PSU on a rubber mat it would help it and then attach something like a anti static wrist band to my psu then connect it to a metal surface it would help ground the PSU?

Before you try some more or less "diy-y" solution, check whether under local regulations your landlord is responsible for making sure the electrical wiring in your apartment is safe/up to code. A socket with a faulty ground/earth connector (let alone several of them or the thing being messed up in the whole apartment) is considered to be a major safety issue in many countries, which would then have to be fixed at the landlord's expense. So just check the local laws and act accordingly before you change something yourself (in which case the landlord could claim you messed something up so she isn't responsible).

9 hours ago, Damien19721508 said:

my issue is I cant attach a copper pipe to the line as where would I put the copper pipe if Im on the 20th floor of my building could I just leave the pipe on the ground in my apartment?

Um... Plumbing in the kitchen? The toilet? Washroom? Surely you have some sort of access to water in the apartment even on the 20th floor, right? Of course you shouldn't attach it to a mere copper pipe laying around in your living room. It needs to actually be linked back to the ground. (the literal ground, the earth, the soil you walk on outside)

1 hour ago, greenhorn said:

check whether under local regulations your landlord is responsible for making sure the electrical wiring in your apartment is safe/up to code.

From what I can gather on the internet, the "code" in Vietnam is a lot looser than it is in EU or NA. They have a code, just not as good. Most of their sockets seems to be Ground-less. Or maybe it's like Egypt where the "ground" is on the Neutral wire(poor excuse of cutting corners really)... which can causes issues like OP described.

Hum...

You live in a building... A +high" building from what I read (20th floor).

Your building must have a lightning rod, no?

A cable from your home gets attached from your electrical main box to the grounding cable of the lightning rod.

Do NOT ground your PC to the grounding cable coming from the lightning rod!  ^o^     It was a JOKE!!! 😇

15 hours ago, greenhorn said:

Before you try some more or less "diy-y" solution, check whether under local regulations your landlord is responsible for making sure the electrical wiring in your apartment is safe/up to code. A socket with a faulty ground/earth connector (let alone several of them or the thing being messed up in the whole apartment) is considered to be a major safety issue in many countries, which would then have to be fixed at the landlord's expense. So just check the local laws and act accordingly before you change something yourself (in which case the landlord could claim you messed something up so she isn't responsible).

15 hours ago, Cora_Lie said:

Hum...

You live in a building... A +high" building from what I read (20th floor).

Your building must have a lightning rod, no?

A cable from your home gets attached from your electrical main box to the grounding cable of the lightning rod.

Do NOT ground your PC to the grounding cable coming from the lightning rod!  ^o^     It was a JOKE!!! 😇

I wouldn't touch the lightning rod in general.xD 

I do obviously have access to water but there doesnt seem to be any exposed pipes in my apartment, my geysers have have exposed wires red, green and blue but then Id need to run a cable to my geyser from my pc plug point which sounds dodgy AF xD, I do appreciate all the advise you have given me but I feel like thats a little too janky for my liking xD so im now looking at the laws to see if theres a way that I can get my land lord to sort this out but without making her angry or having her charge me for an electrician because I know people can be bitches about petty things. 

16 hours ago, greenhorn said:

I already looked into it but im trying to avoid making my land lord hate me or make my landlord charge me extra for having someone come and look at my wiring.

1 hour ago, Damien19721508 said:

I already looked into it but im trying to avoid making my land lord hate me or make my landlord charge me extra for having someone come and look at my wiring.

It's not your wiring, it is the landlord's apartment's wiring. If you did not change anything in the wiring yourself, you shouldn't have anything to worry about if the wiring is not up to code (which you should check). The landlord can only charge you for an electrician if you messed something up that can be repaired.
But of course I know that in practice it can be tedious to get landlords to actually abide by such regulations. I obviously do not know that person and cannot predict how she will react and if anything useful would come out of contacting her (with only a reasonable amount of effort).

One way to get around this grounding issue would be to isolate all exposed metal parts that can be in contact with a live wire in case of a fault. However, in case of a PC this is not really practical.

I would try to attach a wire to the plumbing to get some sort of  "earth". This is janky and not really up to code in many places, but it is probably the best you can do without messing around with the apartment's wiring itself. If the plumbing is grounded, this will at least do the job.

9 hours ago, greenhorn said:

It's not your wiring, it is the landlord's apartment's wiring. If you did not change anything in the wiring yourself, you shouldn't have anything to worry about if the wiring is not up to code (which you should check). The landlord can only charge you for an electrician if you messed something up that can be repaired.
But of course I know that in practice it can be tedious to get landlords to actually abide by such regulations. I obviously do not know that person and cannot predict how she will react and if anything useful would come out of contacting her (with only a reasonable amount of effort).

One way to get around this grounding issue would be to isolate all exposed metal parts that can be in contact with a live wire in case of a fault. However, in case of a PC this is not really practical.

I would try to attach a wire to the plumbing to get some sort of  "earth". This is janky and not really up to code in many places, but it is probably the best you can do without messing around with the apartment's wiring itself. If the plumbing is grounded, this will at least do the job.

okay so I could run a wire from some pipe in my bathroom or kitchen as long as its in contact with a metal pipe, I'm assuming a copper one preferably but then where do I attach the other end to? my pcs PSU or like the prongs on my pcs plug or where?

4 minutes ago, Damien19721508 said:

okay so I could run a wire from some pipe in my bathroom or kitchen as long as its in contact with a metal pipe, I'm assuming a copper one preferably but then where do I attach the other end to? my pcs PSU or like the prongs on my pcs plug or where?

Copper would be perfect, aluminum would work as well if you don't have copper lying around. Personally, I would take a copper wire with a 1.5 mm^2 cross section area (the earth wire in properly wired sockets is as thick as the live wire).
You could unscrew one of the screws that connect your case to the power supply, wrap the exposed end of the wire around the screw and put the screw back in.

edit: Just forgot to state the obvious: Please ask again if you are not sure about it and know that you are doing everything at your own risk. I can assure you that every piece of advice I am giving is to the best of my knowledge and solely with the intent of helping you out :)

51 minutes ago, greenhorn said:

Copper would be perfect, aluminum would work as well if you don't have copper lying around. Personally, I would take a copper wire with a 1.5 mm^2 cross section area (the earth wire in properly wired sockets is as thick as the live wire).
You could unscrew one of the screws that connect your case to the power supply, wrap the exposed end of the wire around the screw and put the screw back in.

edit: Just forgot to state the obvious: Please ask again if you are not sure about it and know that you are doing everything at your own risk. I can assure you that every piece of advice I am giving is to the best of my knowledge and solely with the intent of helping you out :)

well I wasnt concerned at first that you might be trying to get me killed but now I am, JK yeah I know what I'm doing is risky, but at the same time I have also taken the time to look further into this so I'm not totally following the help of any internet stranger just blindly, as before I made this post I searched for a good few days through forums and looked up how things work and I obviously appreciate all the advise and know none of this is 100% going to work or be safe, I don't expect that from anyone's advice just over the internet but I am still grateful for the advice and time you have given to helping me :) I have ordered a ground testing kit that I hope will fit the plugs in my apartment I have also ordered about 4 different types of plugs in hopes that one will fit the socket with a ground pin and maybe the sockets will be grounded already, hopefully one of them just fits and I can solve this issue without having to rewire or use a jankier method like grounding through plumbing haha, thank you again. I will update in a few days once the plugs are delivered as to if I solved the issue or not.

27 minutes ago, Damien19721508 said:

[...] I have ordered a ground testing kit that I hope will fit the plugs in my apartment I have also ordered about 4 different types of plugs in hopes that one will fit the socket with a ground pin and maybe the sockets will be grounded already[...]

I have one of those too, they work well most of the time. Thank you for understanding the little note of caution I put in my last post. I am an electrical engineer but not a qualified electrician, but I have already redone the whole electrical system in one apartment once and had it certified/checked by a real electrician and it was ok. Obviously giving advice from a distance has its shortcomings, that's also why I am cautious.
By the way, in many European countries there was a time when there was no earth wire at all. Back then, it was customary to bridge the neutral and earth connectors in the plugs, but please don't try that, there is a reason that it is now banned here.

I wish you the best of luck with your project. Just take your time and take it step by step.

Before you start your heavy duty work and all that, would something like this "help" with your problem??

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07WZTSJLK/

Not a joke this time ^o^

For what is worth, My PC is on a wooden tablet, so not conductive, and all my electric cables for the computer and peripherals are connected on a multi plug surge protector.

As far as I'm concerned that deals with any problem I can get.

I have something like this with the european plug and I can change the resistance if anything happens : https://www.amazon.de/-/en/dp/B000RGM8UC/

Edited by Guest
added stuff in "green"

10 hours ago, greenhorn said:

good news my plugs arrived and one was a 3 pin that fit in the socket so I rewired my PC plug to use the 3 pin plug and plugged it in, then I stroked my hand along the PSU and keyboard and water block and no shocks :D... yet, I'm not yet convinced its fixed but it might be I just hope that in the wall itself that its also been wired up properly. 

5 hours ago, Damien19721508 said:

That sounds great, so did you find a third wire hopefully connected to earth when you rewired the plug? Anyways it sounds like the problem is solved, which is good news.

16 hours ago, Cora_Lie said:

Before you start your heavy duty work and all that, would something like this "help" with your problem??

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07WZTSJLK/

Not a joke this time ^o^

For what is worth, My PC is on a wooden tablet, so not conductive, and all my electric cables for the computer and peripherals are connected on a multi plug surge protector.

As far as I'm concerned that deals with any problem I can get.

I have something like this with the european plug and I can change the resistance if anything happens : https://www.amazon.de/-/en/dp/B000RGM8UC/

For the first item, you would need a proper ground to connect to. I was almost disappointed not to get an amazon page for a lightning rod ;)
The second item is a nice thing, I use it too, but in countries where the power is not that clean (in terms of higher frequency components) it could be even more useful. It would not help solve the problems of an ungrounded socket though, for that I would use a GFCI/RCD adapter that offers better protection in that regard. The OP's solution is of course the cleanest one.

16 hours ago, greenhorn said:

That sounds great, so did you find a third wire hopefully connected to earth when you rewired the plug? Anyways it sounds like the problem is solved, which is good news.

For the first item, you would need a proper ground to connect to. I was almost disappointed not to get an amazon page for a lightning rod ;)
The second item is a nice thing, I use it too, but in countries where the power is not that clean (in terms of higher frequency components) it could be even more useful. It would not help solve the problems of an ungrounded socket though, for that I would use a GFCI/RCD adapter that offers better protection in that regard. The OP's solution is of course the cleanest one.

okay I didnt open the plug in the wall I just rewired the cable that came with my PSU, I cut the end off and attached a 3 pin and plugged it in and I've been randomly touching the components to see if anything shocks me and its been 24 hours and not one shock yet so I think its grounded and my issues are gone :D thanks so much for the help.:) 

I attached a picture of what the old cable looked download (1).jfif and I changed the end to one of these.images.jfif

Edited by Damien19721508
images aren't working.

if your still worried, buy a battery backup (ups). even if theres no ground the ups will protect your comp.