Need a new Keyboard

Faceman

Hello, I recently built a brand new gaming Desktop PC.  My previous computer was a laptop with built in keyboard, after making the switch back to Desktop, my old keyboard is quite dated and dirty.  I have a black and blue color scheme going, and would like to keep it that way if possible, but it is not an absolute must, as $ to performance is the most critical aspect of my purchase.  I don't want to spend a lot of money, I just don't see the merit in spending so much money on a keyboard.  I don't want to spend more than $50, and to justify that $50 it really must be perfect.  I know in the world of gaming keyboards, this is not a lot of money, but to me, personally I don't see the value in spending so much money for a keyboard.

Some of my desired needs for the keyboard are:

1.  a full sized backspace bar.

2.  straight key placement, I don't like the boards that are curvy or come to a high point in the middle

3. Backlights, I understand backlights at my price point are hard to come by, so this is more of an extra.

I appreciate your input, I have just had such little luck in my search for a good keyboard that I decided to turn to the masses.  In all likelyhood I will probably end up getting a very basic, generic keyboard for $5-$10 because I wont find what I want at my desired price point, hopefully someone who reads these forums can steer me in the right direction though. 

Thank you!

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Hello, I recently built a brand new gaming Desktop PC.  My previous computer was a laptop with built in keyboard, after making the switch back to Desktop, my old keyboard is quite dated and dirty.  I have a black and blue color scheme going, and would like to keep it that way if possible, but it is not an absolute must, as $ to performance is the most critical aspect of my purchase.  I don't want to spend a lot of money, I just don't see the merit in spending so much money on a keyboard.  I don't want to spend more than $50, and to justify that $50 it really must be perfect.  I know in the world of gaming keyboards, this is not a lot of money, but to me, personally I don't see the value in spending so much money for a keyboard.

Some of my desired needs for the keyboard are:

1.  a full sized backspace bar.

2.  straight key placement, I don't like the boards that are curvy or come to a high point in the middle

3. Backlights, I understand backlights at my price point are hard to come by, so this is more of an extra.

I appreciate your input, I have just had such little luck in my search for a good keyboard that I decided to turn to the masses.  In all likelyhood I will probably end up getting a very basic, generic keyboard for $5-$10 because I wont find what I want at my desired price point, hopefully someone who reads these forums can steer me in the right direction though. 

Thank you!

I'd suggest the Microsoft Sidewinder X4, fulfills basically all the criteria you listed. I have one and it was fine for gaming and a little typing. But I do recommend spending a bit of extra for a mechanical keyboard, you won't regret it especially if you type a lot.

Thank you both for your input, the Microsoft Sidewinder X4 is more appealing to me at this stage of my research, will have to do some more to really figure out if its the right keyboard for me.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Could anyone comment on the Logitech G510 keyboard please?  I found a factory refurbished one for $60 including free shipping, and all of the reviewers of the same factory refurbished G510 say it is working as it should.

Logitech G510 Keyboard - $65

If you look at the seller's reviews, and look for this keyboard specifically, you will see others have bought this exact same refurbished model and had no problems.  I'm thinking of splurging and going ahead with this purchase. It has tons of macro buttons, more than I would honestly use, the LED screen on the top is so cool, having your computers stats streaming in real time. Can anyone comment on how good of a keyboard this is please?

Logitched G105 - $40

I think this would really be my best bet, it has everything I need, the backlight, the black/blue, big backspace key and 6 macro buttons.  It doesn't have all of the frills of the G510, but this would be new and provide exactly what I need.

CM Storm Devastator - $30

This one seems like a nice middle of the road alternative,  it doesn't have any programmable macro keys, which, after doing some research look fairly appealing.