Quadro RTX 4000 VS RTX 2080 Super.

repmel007

One is for professional (like video editors) and the other one is more for gamers. 
Wouldn't both of them produce the same experience for video editing AND gaming? 
Is the Quadro a marketing thing or it's actually better than high-end gpu (for content creators)?

Performance wise they may be similar but the quatro is going to have ECC memory and a LOT of it. Plus some other stuff enabled on chip as well. Additionally there is going to be drivers that are tested for specific applications and certified. Some thigns being rendered can easily use up 48GB of ram on a video card no problem on some of the cards out there. 

For this one, I think it is likely certain factors taht will come in mind. Biggest is going to be the ECC memory and the certifications the card goes though. I am sure there are other qualities as well these cards have that consumer cards do not. 

EDIT:

Big one: They have double percision floating point is enabled. 

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

11 hours ago, Pickles - Lord of the Jar said:

Performance wise they may be similar but the quatro is going to have ECC memory and a LOT of it. Plus some other stuff enabled on chip as well. Additionally there is going to be drivers that are tested for specific applications and certified. Some thigns being rendered can easily use up 48GB of ram on a video card no problem on some of the cards out there. 

For this one, I think it is likely certain factors taht will come in mind. Biggest is going to be the ECC memory and the certifications the card goes though. I am sure there are other qualities as well these cards have that consumer cards do not. 

EDIT:

Big one: They have double percision floating point is enabled. 

Thanks. From what I understand from this video it doesn't really matter and they just charge extra those who can afford it just because they can. For us, normal people, it's not really worth it 

4 minutes ago, repmel007 said:

Thanks. From what I understand from this video it doesn't really matter and they just charge extra those who can afford it just because they can. For us, normal people, it's not really worth it 

Well in some ways yes. The big one is the fact that double floating point is enabled. That itself is super important for certain calucations (scientific ones are an example). 

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

here's the thing. one of them are optimized for (content) creators and professionals. the GPU itself is optimized for intense processing and doing that F A S T. ( this explains GDDR6 VRAM on the RTX 4000, and the HMB2 Memory on similar cards.)

LOTS of VRAM is also available since more details require more VRAM...

Think about it like this, a Xeon® E5-2697 v2 has 12 cores, 24 threads, it's EXPENSIVE, but when paired with (a) graphics card(s), it'll still be worse in gaming, compared to an rtx2080+r7 3800x system.

Quadro lineup is like that. They're expensive, and they have more VRAM like the xeons have more cores, but they are worse in gaming compared to a consumer system.

15 hours ago, repmel007 said:

One is for professional (like video editors) and the other one is more for gamers. 
Wouldn't both of them produce the same experience for video editing AND gaming? 
Is the Quadro a marketing thing or it's actually better than high-end gpu (for content creators)?

The RTX 4000 is not worth at all. It has basically the same specs of a 2070, but with lower clocks and for a really higher price. Things get interesting from the RTX 5000 onwards due to the more available VRAM (which is something really limited on regular GeForce cards). Also, there are some workloads that you can only run on Quadro or Tesla cards if you're a company due to some shitty licensing from nvidia.

3 hours ago, Pickles - Lord of the Jar said:

Well in some ways yes. The big one is the fact that double floating point is enabled. That itself is super important for certain calucations (scientific ones are an example). 

Newer quadros don't have DP (unless you're talking about their high-end chip, which is not available on Turing yet), so they're as fast or even slower (due to lower clocks) than their GeForce counterparts.

FX6300 @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 | Hyper 212x | 3x 8GB + 1x 4GB @ 1600MHz | Gigabyte 2060 Super | Corsair CX650M | LG 43UK6520PSA
ASUS X550LN | i5 4210u | 12GB
Lenovo N23 Yoga

I guess what I would like to know is what are the gpu component that will determine a smooth work with adobe premiere pro (and fast rendering)

9 hours ago, repmel007 said:

I guess what I would like to know is what are the gpu component that will determine a smooth work with adobe premiere pro (and fast rendering)

If all you worry about is Premiere Pro, then the GPU really doesn't matter that much, even a 1660 should do the job. There are some articles here that you can read and get your own conclusions.

FX6300 @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 | Hyper 212x | 3x 8GB + 1x 4GB @ 1600MHz | Gigabyte 2060 Super | Corsair CX650M | LG 43UK6520PSA
ASUS X550LN | i5 4210u | 12GB
Lenovo N23 Yoga