CPU Cooler

Ulol60

What is a good CPU cooler for i5 6600k and that will fit inside Fractal Design Meshify C Mini. My CPU Is always around 72C without overclocking 

172mm max heigh cpu cooler based on your case

Get a noctua NH-D15 and never worry about buying a cpu cooler for the next decade and can cool the hottest desktop processors

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newegg.com/amp/noctua-nh-d15-chromax-black/p/13C-0005-001H5

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

2 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

Get a noctua NH-D15 and never worry about buying a cpu cooler for the next decade and can cool the hottest desktop processors

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newegg.com/amp/noctua-nh-d15-chromax-black/p/13C-0005-001H5

totaly agree watch linus video regarding this where he will go into more detail why

3 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

That thing is so wide though? will that fit? were do you even place it?

4 minutes ago, Ulol60 said:

That thing is so wide though? will that fit? were do you even place it?

Probably only thing to be mindful of is top fan clearance and your ram. If it's not low profile it may not work.

Something like a Dark Rock Pro 4 or Noctua N4-U12 may be more flexible, or your choice of 240mm aio.

I don't recommend aio though because they aren't an investment and aren't designed to last more that three or so years; a good tower will last almost forever.

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

20 minutes ago, Ulol60 said:

What is a good CPU cooler for i5 6600k and that will fit inside Fractal Design Meshify C Mini. My CPU Is always around 72C without overclocking 

Jesus christ. Always?! As in, not under load? You might not need a new cooler. You might just need to reapply thermal paste and reseat your current one. No cooler works that poorly, even the $5 ones on aliexpress.

4 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

Probably only thing to be mindful of is top fan clearance and your ram. If it's not low profile it may not work.

Something like a Dark Rock Pro 4 or Noctua N4-U12 may be more flexible, or your choice of 240mm aio.

I don't recommend aio though because they aren't an investment and aren't designed to last more that three or so years; a good tower will last almost forever.

Will the Noctua NH-U12S work you think?

Just now, funkmon said:

Jesus christ. Always?! As in, not under load? You might not need a new cooler. You might just need to reapply thermal paste and reseat your current one. No cooler works that poorly, even the $5 ones on aliexpress.

It's the one that came along i believe? but not from the i5 but from an i3 like 10 years ago or something... constant 2000 RPM 😞

1 minute ago, Ulol60 said:

what top cooler do you have and what ram do you have

Regarding Meshify C mini and Noctu NH-D15:

"

2 points·3 months ago

Can confirm a NH-D15 fits inside a normal Meshify C case which also has 172mm of clearance. I have both fans installed, however only because my RAM is very low profile (Vengeance LPX). In your situation because your RAM is tall, you will have to remove one fan that hangs over the RAM. However do not let this put you off from buying it as with just 1 fan the performance is incredibly similar."

5 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

what top cooler do you have and what ram do you have

I got DDR4 ram only 16 GB tho. Top cooler i got a corsair fan. Its 120 mm

PCPartpicker w/pictures of C mini and D15

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/HVvnTW

5 minutes ago, Ulol60 said:

It's the one that came along i believe? but not from the i5 but from an i3 like 10 years ago or something... constant 2000 RPM 😞

Okay before you spend the money, reseat it and clean the fan just to be sure. That's still insane, unless somehow those coolers were just terrible, and I mean so terrible as to be borderline unusable, but I know they weren't.

Just now, funkmon said:

Okay before you spend the money, reseat it and clean the fan just to be sure. That's still insane, unless somehow those coolers were just terrible, and I mean so terrible as to be borderline unusable, but I know they weren't.

How does one reset the fan? 

8 minutes ago, Ulol60 said:

It'd work fine but there may be better options for the price. Where are you shopping / located? Budget?

Is 72c at load?

2 minutes ago, Ulol60 said:

I got DDR4 ram only 16 GB tho.

Model name? Depending on profile, it can limit the coolers that fit.

Just now, Ulol60 said:

How does one reset the fan? 

Reseat means to remove and reinstall the cooler. If the issue was a bad mount, a proper mounting can solve the issue. If the thermal paste isn't fresh, you'll need to replace it with new paste. 

Moved to Air Cooling. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

1 minute ago, WoodenMarker said:

It'd work fine but there may be better options for the price. Where are you shopping / located? Budget?

Is 72c at load?

Model name? Depending on profile, it can limit the coolers that fit.

Reseat means to remove and reinstall the cooler. If the issue was a bad mount, a proper mounting can solve the issue. If the thermal paste isn't fresh, you'll need to replace it with new paste. 

Moved to Air Cooling. 

DDR4 HyperX predator 3200MHz ram

Am Norwegian so i use a site called "Komplett" that is kind of like amazon just with electronics or i use "elkjøp/elkjop" that is both a store and a online store.

Got a Black fan at the bottom right corner of the case too but it shouldn't cause any problems. 

image2.jpg

image1.jpg

image0.jpg

Is 72c at load?

What are you looking to improve with a new cooler? Are you aiming to oc?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

1 minute ago, WoodenMarker said:

Is 72c at load?

What are you looking to improve with a new cooler? Are you aiming to oc?

Not making the pc shutdown cause of the cpu is overheating.... and not being 74C constant... 

Not making the pc shutdown cause of the cpu is overheating.... and not being 74C constant... 

74c doing what? Is it at boot? During load? What are load temps?

2 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

74c doing what? Is it at boot? During load? What are load temps?

When i play games its around 74C like everything from csgo-MW  when i just idle its like 65. Idk what load temps are?

7 minutes ago, Ulol60 said:

Yep, okay. Look that's insane. Here's what you do.

Buy new thermal compound, doesn't matter what kind or how much, take off the cooler, clean off the CPU's heat spreader (the metal piece on the CPU when you take off the cooler) with rubbing alcohol, clean off the bottom of the cooler with rubbing alcohol. Get out your vacuum cleaner or one of those cans of compressed air and suck up or blow out all the dust on the cooler.

Now, put about a pea sized dot of thermal paste on the CPU's heat spreader, and put that cooler back on. Then check the thermals. It should drop by about 30 degrees.

When i play games its around 74C like everything from csgo-MW  when i just idle its like 65. Idk what load temps are?

Okay, 74C is load temps. That's normal. 65 C is not normal for idle. Something's going wrong here. It's technically possible your case has tremendously bad airflow, but I think it's just a bad seating on the cooler.

In my Meshify C I can fit my True Spirit 140 Power, and Le Grand Macho RT no problem. You can move an impressive amount of air with that case. My gpu loads at 58-60 in firestrike extreme. 

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14

1 minute ago, funkmon said:

Yep, okay. Look that's insane. Here's what you do.

Buy new thermal compound, doesn't matter what kind or how much, take off the cooler, clean off the CPU's heat spreader (the metal piece on the CPU when you take off the cooler) with rubbing alcohol, clean off the bottom of the cooler with rubbing alcohol. Get out your vacuum cleaner or one of those cans of compressed air and suck up or blow out all the dust on the cooler.

Now, put about a pea sized dot of thermal paste on the CPU's heat spreader, and put that cooler back on. Then check the thermals. It should drop by about 40 degrees.

Okay i will test it tomorrow.