Between the XFX Rx 5700 Dd Ultra and the MSi Evoke Rx 5700, which one is a better choice?

VaguestFuture

I have both of these cards available to me at roughly the same price but I'm not quite sure which of these is better as both variants lack any real reviews. Ignoring all other variants, which one should I go with? Any advice would be really appreciated.

Links:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XVMXBQW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_EynJEb1E1G7HS?fbclid=IwAR02orWRsqPwk7Y5nnPPuHEteC04_iDvhy8j2vsqNJcjQpmMYyV-ZueUxJ8

https://www.newegg.com/msi-radeon-rx-5700-rx-5700-evoke-oc/p/N82E16814137467

If i remember right, the MSI RX 5700 evoke is loud!!! So i would say the XFX RX 5700, unless the MSI card is cheaper. They are basically the same card.

1 minute ago, JJCooper_ said:

If i remember right, the MSI RX 5700 evoke is loud!!! So i would say the XFX RX 5700, unless the MSI card is cheaper. They are basically the same card.

The evoke's noise level was noted by MSI after the gamers nexus review, I believe they pushed out a revised version with better thermal pad application. The DD Ultra was never regarded as a particularly good unit.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

14 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

The evoke's noise level was noted by MSI after the gamers nexus review, I believe they pushed out a revised version with better thermal pad application. The DD Ultra was never regarded as a particularly good unit.

So you would recommend the Evoke then?

1 minute ago, VaguestFuture said:

So you would recommend the Evoke then?

Yep, and according to that Newegg link, it's on sale as well.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Both should be just fine.  The XFX one looks a lot like THICC, model they put out that got absolutely panned by every reviewer though.  I was saddened by that because I thought it looked nice a sleek, then it was built like ass. haha.  Anyway, try and find up to date reviews of the cards and compare them that way as well.  

What @Fasauceome said, I believe to be true as well about the update to the Evoke. 

2 hours ago, VaguestFuture said:

I have both of these cards available to me at roughly the same price but I'm not quite sure which of these is better as both variants lack any real reviews. Ignoring all other variants, which one should I go with? Any advice would be really appreciated.

Links:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XVMXBQW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_EynJEb1E1G7HS?fbclid=IwAR02orWRsqPwk7Y5nnPPuHEteC04_iDvhy8j2vsqNJcjQpmMYyV-ZueUxJ8

https://www.newegg.com/msi-radeon-rx-5700-rx-5700-evoke-oc/p/N82E16814137467

I actually owned the xfx rx5700 DD Ultra. The card was great temp, performance and noise wise. The issues were with the drivers. I returned the card and amd put out new drivers that fixed it literally 2 days later. 

I used the credit from the 5700 and bought a sapphire pulse 5700xt and haven’t had a single issue with the new drivers. 

I don’t have first hand experience with the msi evoke but I won’t suggest xfx for anything after my experience with customer service and this card. 

I had issues and contacted xfx customer service. Asked them if there were known issues driver wise with the amd cards, they said no. I asked this stuff all over reddit isn’t true? They said we haven’t gotten a complaint about it. At that point I returned it to amazon and bought a different brand and won’t buy anything xfx ever again. 

Lying to consumers isn’t good, especially when they know the truth and you try to cover it up 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

19 minutes ago, Gohardgrandpa said:

I had issues and contacted xfx customer service. Asked them if there were known issues driver wise with the amd cards, they said no. I asked this stuff all over reddit isn’t true? They said we haven’t gotten a complaint about it. At that point I returned it to amazon and bought a different brand and won’t buy anything xfx ever again.

Lying to consumers isn’t good, especially when they know the truth and you try to cover it up 

Well that's shitty, good warranty service is an important factor for me so I guess that rules out the XFX completely. Thank you for your advice!

1 hour ago, VaguestFuture said:

Well that's shitty, good warranty service is an important factor for me so I guess that rules out the XFX completely. Thank you for your advice!

I’m not trying to stir up shit but I work with customers daily and lying like that is a no go for me. Be straight up with me and I’ll keep shopping with you, screw me around and I’m done with you. 

It sucks because the xfx cards are the cheapest I’ve seen for amd, I did notice tho on amazon the xfx cards didn’t come with the raise the game bundle when I bought mine but my sapphire pulse did 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x