advice on a new build

teddygala

I'm seeking advice for a new computer build for video gaming with a budget of around 1000 USD without windows

Here is what I have so far: (note that this is made with the feature that takes the lowest price that's is compatible for your part)

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($174.97 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: *ASRock B450M/AC Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: *Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: *Western Digital Blue 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($109.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: *Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB WINDFORCE OC 3X Video Card  ($499.99 @ B&H) 
Case: Cougar MX330 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($53.51 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: *Corsair CX (2017) 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($74.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1053.42
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 

what I am looking for advice on :

- case: I know nothing about cases so could you guys please suggest a nice case 

- motherboards: could you guys suggest a decent motherboard that fits in whatever case you suggest and stays on budget

- psu: im scared of underspending on my power supply so is this one okay ?

- cpu: is there an option a bit lower price that doesn't take too much of a performance hit so I could spend more in other areas and still stay around 1000USD

many thanks to anyone who takes the time to answer me 

I’m definitely exploring this crazy world

3 minutes ago, teddygala said:

case: I know nothing about cases so could you guys please suggest a nice case 

The one you selected is quite decent, lots of room to build and plenty of breathability

could you guys suggest a decent motherboard that fits in whatever case you suggest and stays on budget

That's basically the cheapest good motherboard that you can get, all good there

im scared of underspending on my power supply so is this one okay ?

It's basically the cheapest power supply of decent quality that you can get, also good there.

Edited by Fasauceome

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

It's basically the cheapest power supply of decent quality that you can get, also good there.

do you think It would be worth it if I put say 10-20 more for a better quality one ?

There is a Ryzen 5 1600 AF (12 nm) for $85 that you can buy. You probably would want to replace the Wraith Stealth stock cooler with something a bit better.

You would get an increase in performance with higher speed memory, maybe something that runs at 3600 mhz. 

A lot of people like the Phanteks eclipse p300a mesh case. You should probably watch a review of it to see if you like it before purchasing.

I don't know much about this motherboard, so I cannot help you about that.

If you scroll to the bottom of the Nvidia spec sheet for the 2070 super https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/graphics-cards/rtx-2070-super/#specs , it says that they recommend at least a 650 watt psu. I would also try to get an 80+ gold certified psu.

AMD Ryzen 5 1600 AF (cooler is probably not sufficient)

Phanteks Eclipse P300a mesh 

My PC : Ryzen 7 3800X | ROG Crosshair VIII Hero WiFi | Trident Z RGB 32 GB DDR4-3600 | Aorus RTX 2080 SUPER | NZXT H710 | MP600 2 TB, 970 EVO Plus 2 TB, WD Black 4 TB HDD | SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Gold 750W | NZXT KRAKEN X72 + a bunch of corsair ql rgb fans

Peripherals : G Pro Wireless, G513 Carbon (Linear), Corsair Virtuoso RGB SE , LG 38GL950G-B

12 minutes ago, teddygala said:

do you think It would be worth it if I put say 10-20 more for a better quality one ?

Yea, a B450 Steel Legend or Tomahawk Max.

19 minutes ago, teddygala said:

I'm seeking advice for a new computer build for video gaming with a budget of around 1000 USD without windows

Here is what I have so far: (note that this is made with the feature that takes the lowest price that's is compatible for your part)

Reveal hidden contents

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($174.97 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: *ASRock B450M/AC Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: *Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: *Western Digital Blue 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($109.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: *Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB WINDFORCE OC 3X Video Card  ($499.99 @ B&H) 
Case: Cougar MX330 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($53.51 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: *Corsair CX (2017) 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($74.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1053.42
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 

what I am looking for advice on :

- case: I know nothing about cases so could you guys please suggest a nice case 

- motherboards: could you guys suggest a decent motherboard that fits in whatever case you suggest and stays on budget

- psu: im scared of underspending on my power supply so is this one okay ?

- cpu: is there an option a bit lower price that doesn't take too much of a performance hit so I could spend more in other areas and still stay around 1000USD

many thanks to anyone who takes the time to answer me 

Step up the power supply to a TXm 550W. Better quality and reliability.

Also, consider the RX 5700 XT. Same performance as a 2070 Super But MUCH cheaper

20 minutes ago, teddygala said:

For your budget, the CX550 serves well. I've used a CX 450 for a 3600 and GTX 1080, works a treat.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

12 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Step up the power supply to a TXm 550W. Better quality and reliability.

Also, consider the RX 5700 XT. Same performance as a 2070 Super But MUCH cheaper

@you have the corona virus (super insensitive name btw) suggest I would need I higher wattage, do you agree with that ? 

1 minute ago, teddygala said:

@you have the corona virus (super insensitive name btw) suggest I would need I higher wattage, do you agree with that ? 

Nope - the 5700 XT uses 200W-220W. The 2070S uses ~200W. 20W won't matter at all.

5 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Nope - the 5700 XT uses 200W-220W. The 2070S uses ~200W. 20W won't matter at all.

not saying you are wrong, but the official spec sheet (scroll to the bottom) does say that I need 650W. Is that not going to be a problem if I do not meet the minimum requirements?

1 minute ago, teddygala said:

not saying you are wrong, but the official spec sheet (scroll to the bottom) does say that I need 650W. Is that not going to be a problem if I do not meet the minimum requirements?

No because that spec sheet is for people who buy cheap garbage power supplies that say "1000W" but in reality can't deliver more than 400W before exploding. In reality, most modern PCs don't pull more than 400W at 100% max load. A 3600 + 5700 XT would pull about ~300W under full load. A TXm 550W is more than capable of delivering that power while barely breaking a sweat.