Dark Rock Slim or 120 mm aio?

Hey guys, 

I'm looking for a cooler to keep the ryzen 3600 cool. I do plan on overclocking. I was wondering if at the sub 100 CAD price point it would make more sense to go with something like the dark rock slim or one of cooler master's entry level 120mm aio coolers?

PC: 

i5 8400 - RTX 2060 - Strix B360-I - Thermaltake 240mm AIO - 16GB Vengeance RGB PRO - CRYSTAL 280X - HD Plex 400w AC/DC Converter

CUSTOM KEYBOARD:

Gmmk Pro  - Gateron ink Black v2 lubed and filmed - GMK Red Samurai - PC plate - Zeal stabs

DAILY TECH:

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Smartwatch - Galaxy A70 - Bose QC Earbuds - Bose SoundLink Wireless - Ultimate Ears Wonderboom 

14 minutes ago, PeterFile said:

Hey guys, 

I'm looking for a cooler to keep the ryzen 3600 cool. I do plan on overclocking. I was wondering if at the sub 100 CAD price point it would make more sense to go with something like the dark rock slim or one of cooler master's entry level 120mm aio coolers?

You should also look at the Arctic Freezer 34 eSports Duo.  The Dark rock slim 4 will also work and there is a Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black will also work.

Are you wanting to do heavy overclocking?  All the coolers listed above can handle overclocking on the Ryzen 3600.

As many videos has already pointed out that ryzen 3000 series has almost at peak performance out of the box due to Precision Boost 2,  I think the stock cooler that came with the Ryzen 3600 will do just fine.

I have a Corsair H215 pro pro on my Ryzen 3600 and I regret getting that cooler I should have gone with the stock cooler or a nice aftermarket air-cooler (for aesthetics)  but other than that no performance gain to be had unless you would go to sub-zero OC.

if I were to choose between Dark Rock Slim or AIO, I would pick Dark Rock as AIO has a pump which another point of failure.

Just now, Xetano said:

As many videos has already pointed out that ryzen 3000 series has almost at peak performance out of the box due to Precision Boost 2,  I think the stock cooler that came with the Ryzen 3600 will do just fine.

I have a Corsair H215 pro pro on my Ryzen 3600 and I regret getting that cooler I should have gone with the stock cooler or a nice aftermarket air-cooler (for aesthetics)  but other than that no performance gain to be had unless you would go to sub-zero OC.

if I were to choose between Dark Rock Slim or AIO, I would pick Dark Rock as AIO has a pump which another point of failure.

I have the stock cooler on my Ryzen 3600 and I am getting an aftermarket for 2 reasons.  The cooler keeps the temp somewhat in check but it is definitely not quiet (at least mine isn't).  I am getting the Arctic freezer for better cooling performance and hence lower noise.

9 hours ago, PeterFile said:

Hey guys, 

You don't need anything fancy for the 3600. Also I wouldn't bother doing a manual overclock as they don't really overclock that far anyway. As mentioned above an Arctic Freezer 34 esports/duo or Cryorig H7 etc would be enough if you want something better than the stock cooler.