This is my first build

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Thehungryhunter96/saved/hpXJf7

This is my first build(and my first post). I get it, that it's a bit pricey for a first build. I'm just trying to make sure it can last at least a little while before I need an upgrade. I also intend to put more 140mm cooling fans in the case. I wanted to see if yall would take a look at it and throw some recommendations my way. I want to be able to game, stream, use cad and other design programs, and edit video on it. Let me know if yall cant see it. I'm still kinda new to how to properly use pcpartpicker. Thankyou in advance to anyone who gives useful information. 

There are definitely some places you can save a lot of money without compromising on anything:

PSU - You don't need anywhere near 1000 watts. Heck even the 750 watt I put down is overkill but the 650 watt version was showing out of stock.

Case - That case is HUGE, a mid tower case is more sensible unless you feel you need tons of drive space and even then Fractal has the R6 which is still more compact and can hold a bunch of 3.5" drives for less.

Storage - Dropped down to a 6TB drive, you can always add more later or invest in a NAS or something down the line. The 10TB drive though was way overpriced for what you need starting out. You could also save some money by going with a MP600 or similar NVME drive for less or spend the same and get more storage.

Cooling - If you want an all black cooler I'd suggest looking at the beQuiet stuff but the Noctua cooler is solid too and that's down to looks more than anything.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

19 minutes ago, Lurick said:

There are definitely some places you can save a lot of money without compromising on anything:

PSU - You don't need anywhere near 1000 watts. Heck even the 750 watt I put down is overkill but the 650 watt version was showing out of stock.

Case - That case is HUGE, a mid tower case is more sensible unless you feel you need tons of drive space and even then Fractal has the R6 which is still more compact and can hold a bunch of 3.5" drives for less.

Storage - Dropped down to a 6TB drive, you can always add more later or invest in a NAS or something down the line. The 10TB drive though was way overpriced for what you need starting out. You could also save some money by going with a MP600 or similar NVME drive for less or spend the same and get more storage.

Cooling - If you want an all black cooler I'd suggest looking at the beQuiet stuff but the Noctua cooler is solid too and that's down to looks more than anything.

Thankyou for the advice I bumped the storage and psu down. I was thinking about running 2070 supers in sli then changed my mind to a single 2080 super and forgot to change the psu lol thankyou so much

Just now, thehungryhunter96 said:

Thankyou for the advice I bumped the storage and psu down. I was thinking about running 2070 supers in sli then changed my mind to a single 2080 super and forgot to change the psu lol thankyou so much

I think that's definitely a wise choice going with the single 2080 Super instead :)

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

2 minutes ago, Lurick said:

I think that's definitely a wise choice going with the single 2080 Super instead :)

Oh and I would switch the case but I already ordered it and it's already shipped... 😅😅😅 plus this leaves me really open for liquid cooling I guess lol

Edited by thehungryhunter96

5 minutes ago, thehungryhunter96 said:

Oh and I would switch the case but I already ordered it and it's already shipped... 😅😅😅 plus this leaves me really open for liquid cooling I guess lol

Ah, well then I guess you'll have plenty of room for activities :D

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X 3.5 GHz 16-Core Processor  ($737.99 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 50.5 CFM CPU Cooler  ($86.46 @ B&H) 
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($199.99 @ B&H) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory  ($149.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory  ($149.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Silicon Power A80 512 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 6 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($140.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB GAMING OC Video Card  ($659.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Corsair 750D ATX Full Tower Case  ($174.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair TXM Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($102.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $2473.35
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-03 22:23 EDT-0400

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W