Has anyone seen this ramdisk?

Go to solution Solved by RayLeech,

Looks like one of the HyperDrives from HyperOS

Had one of these in the very old days. Painfully slow by today's standards, but excellent performance back then.

Today, you'd be better off using a software RamDisk (e.g., SoftPerfect), but there aren't many cases where its needed with fast NVME drives.

I was checking the internet for gigabyte GC-ramdisk cards, and stumbled across this weird thing: https://www.indiamart.com/proddetail/ram-disk-14375183788.html. it claims to be a solution just like the gigabyte card, but its really strange, like it can have up to 16 gbs, maybe ddr3 and its in a very stupid looking enclosure that is bigger than a 3.5 inch hard drive. Any thoughts on it? I think Linus should take a look at it

That looks like some old old stuff.  It’s got 8 slots which implies the thing is using 1gb sticks.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Had one of these in the very old days. Painfully slow by today's standards, but excellent performance back then.

Today, you'd be better off using a software RamDisk (e.g., SoftPerfect), but there aren't many cases where its needed with fast NVME drives.

I wasn't gonna buy one, because I already have plenty fast storage, I was just wondering if it was a real thing or a scam, or if an improvement compared to that gigabyte one.

36 minutes ago, RayLeech said:

Thanks for the info, appreciate it!