Sites stating that thier ram is 'compatible' only with these sockets

Go to solution Solved by asickduckie,

I've been pricing ram in the past few weeks looking for the best deals and such and certain kits. Some kits say they are compatible with certain socket cpu. Why is that since some of the kitsI found say that and it just bugging me. If I bought one of these kits and put it on a a motherboard with a socket it didn't state would it still work? Also for some of the 4x8gb kits some say quad channel so does that mean they're designed only for quad channel. Or will they work in dual & single channel configurations?

I'm really tired now so I don't feel like finding one of these kits which state that it's designed for this or that socket like I have mentioned above.

Dude, this site tottaly has the best deal on ram, you can download it for free (it's not a scammy website at all, it works, I swear!):

http://www.downloadmoreram.com/downloading.html

No but seriously though, you shouldn't have to worry much. Even if it's not in the motherboard compatibility list, it should work no problem. The only RAM I've heard compatibility issues with is a lot of Mushkin ram which apparently doesn't play well with AMD motherboards at all. Otherwise, if you go the usual Kingston, G-skill etc.. you shouldn't have any issues. Just get pretty much the cheapest ram out there because heat spreaders are bs. I tend to pay a little more to get some good looking kingston hyperx ram though (don't worry, the bottom and most of the side ugly green pcb is hidden when on the motherboard)

hx_blu_detail.png

I've been pricing ram in the past few weeks looking for the best deals and such and certain kits. Some kits say they are compatible with certain socket cpu. Why is that since some of the kitsI found say that and it just bugging me. If I bought one of these kits and put it on a a motherboard with a socket it didn't state would it still work? Also for some of the 4x8gb kits some say quad channel so does that mean they're designed only for quad channel. Or will they work in dual & single channel configurations?

I'm really tired now so I don't feel like finding one of these kits which state that it's designed for this or that socket like I have mentioned above.

Certain socket of CPU sounds a little bit silly. Maybe certain motherboards. 

But, Quad channel memory should work in Dual Channel

quad channel only means that all 4 sticks have been tested together. They will work in dual and single configurations.

Use the quote or multiquote, for faster responses \/ \/

Dude, this site tottaly has the best deal on ram, you can download it for free (it's not a scammy website at all, it works, I swear!):

http://www.downloadmoreram.com/downloading.html

No but seriously though, you shouldn't have to worry much. Even if it's not in the motherboard compatibility list, it should work no problem. The only RAM I've heard compatibility issues with is a lot of Mushkin ram which apparently doesn't play well with AMD motherboards at all. Otherwise, if you go the usual Kingston, G-skill etc.. you shouldn't have any issues. Just get pretty much the cheapest ram out there because heat spreaders are bs. I tend to pay a little more to get some good looking kingston hyperx ram though (don't worry, the bottom and most of the side ugly green pcb is hidden when on the motherboard)

hx_blu_detail.png

Quad channel memory is guaranteed to run in quad channel mode. That's all it's saying. 

It's either DDR3 or not, and quad channel will work in single/dual/triple/quad.

I think the most common reason for stating a channel number is because of how the amount of memory is distributed among how many individual DIMMs (sticks) in the packet.

For example a 16gb dual channel pack might have 2x 8GB DIMMs in it, but a 16GB quad channel pack would have 4x 4GB DIMMs inside.

See what I'm saying?

The 4 specs that matter are DDR1/2/3/4, Voltage, Clock Frequency, and CAS Latency.

download ram wow lol more like download virus

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

download ram wow lol more like download virus

the download more ram website is not a virus website at all. It's been a joke website in the tech community for a while and it's just used to troll clueless people who think they can download more ram.