Help With Minecraft Modded [Sever Only] Build

So I want to make PC Build that is dedicated to being a server, most of the time, modded minecraft

And what helps the decision is that there aren't any hosting providers that is close to our area (Saudi Arabia) that can give us under 100 ping, not terrible but not that great either

Here's the build I came up with:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i3-9100F 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($78.00 @ B&H) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B365M DS3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($74.99 @ B&H) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 16 GB (4 x 4 GB) DDR4-2666 Memory  ($86.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: HP EX900 120 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($34.99 @ Monoprice) 
Power Supply: EVGA 500 W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  ($40.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $315.95
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-01 20:03 EDT-0400

My goal: making it cheaper if possible

I looked up the best single core performance CPU from here, and then picked up the best from the cheapest

I thought about taking a ryzen instead, while its a bit slower and pricier, the mobo will be significantly cheaper (~$40/30) but I retained from that since it's slower and does need higher clocked RAM to get the most out of it

Also, I will be running MC Eternal modpack (~300 mods), and my upload speed is around 8MB/s, Wish should cut it 

We are around 3-4, maybe sometimes up to 8 but mostly 3 or 4

Should this build cut it for exploring and building machines without lag/low TPS?

I also got that I didn't need any cooler for the build, is this correct? because it weirded me out (I originally added 212 Evo cooler)

the only thing that im not sure about is the quad channel memory, as I might want it to be 32GB in the future (to open more servers on the same machine), as I've heard quad channel might help the performance, specially in minecraft

I will be running like 1 Modpack and maybe 2 Vanillas (Maybbe If I'm about that life I might open another modpack at the same time, but probably a lighter version)

Also I could use it for other stuff such as storing, so its somewhat worth the investment

Note: I want to build my own because I like having fun with computers and servers

And im pretty sure I made poor choices or forgot something from an aspect of the build/minecraft server, any help would be appercaited! thanks

13 minutes ago, VxZ said:

I also got that I didn't need any cooler for the build, is this correct? because it weirded me out (I originally added 212 Evo cooler)

Stock cooler will be fine here.

13 minutes ago, VxZ said:

he only thing that im not sure about is the quad channel memory,

Get 2 sticks of ram, you can only run dual channel with that board, and having 4 sticks won't help at all.

14 minutes ago, VxZ said:

get the non-f version so you have a gpu.

3 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Stock cooler will be fine here.

Just to be sure, Does this mean it wouldn't get crazy hot even if it was "turboing"?

4 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Get 2 sticks of ram, you can only run dual channel with that board, and having 4 sticks won't help at all.

Oh I didn't see that, it would've been bad

5 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

get the non-f version so you have a gpu.

I dont need a GPU at all for my purpose, so im not sure about the extra $40, but at this point shouldn't I go with same-priced but better CPU on cpubenchmark list?

1 minute ago, VxZ said:

Just to be sure, Does this mean it wouldn't get crazy hot even if it was "turboing"?

The i3's don't make much heat, so it won't be an issue.

1 minute ago, VxZ said:

I dont need a GPU at all for my purpose, so im not sure about the extra $40, but at this point shouldn't I go with same-priced but better CPU on cpubenchmark list?

Well you need something to connect to when you do the os install, and if something goes wrong. And lots of boards need a gpu to boot.

Id be tempted to get the i5 for the extra cores if you running multple servers at once.

1 hour ago, VxZ said:

CPU is kinda overkill really for running a single server instance even with all those mods. I run a 80+ modpack server that literally only takes up a at maximum 15-20% cpu usage and that's when the server is at an all time high with player count rising in 15-20 players. Keep in mind the CPU running this server is a i5 2400. You don't need such a powerful CPU. Also I don't know how your going to setup Windows and use the server console ( unless it's remotely controlled ) if you don't have a GPU to display the system.

Ram would be the main priority here.

My Rig: 

CPU: Intel i5 2500k 4 Cores, 4 Threads @ 4.5ghz ( asus uefi regulates BIOS and adjusts it, there is no manual option, so I can't get any higher than 4.5, but I theoretically should be able to get higher once I get a voltage "changeable" mobo

MOBO: Asus P8Z68 LE

RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator 2133mhz ddr3 2x8 16GB

GPU: GTX 980 TI 150+ core, 100-150 ( I forgot )+ mem ( OC ) 

HDD: 500GB 3D MLC Samsung SSD ( soon ) + 2tb 7200rpm Seagate Constellation ES.2 SAS / LSI MegaRaid MR Raid/SAS Controller

CASE: Phanteks P350X

PERIPHERALS: IBM Model M 1984, Logitech G703 Mouse, Logitech G502 Mouse, Philips SHP9500 w/ V-Moda Boom Pro hooked up to my Sony AMP ( forgot model name, to lazy to find out ) 

Laptop: Gateway P-7805u FX 

CPU: 2.26GHz Intel Core 2 Duo P8400 2c/2t

RAM: 8GB DDR2 1066mhz sodimm 

GPU: Nvidia GeForce 9800M GTS

HDD: 320GB 7200rpm hard drive 2.5"

SSD: Kingston A400 250GB SSD

SCREEN: Glossy 16:9 1440x900

PERIPHERALSLogitech G Pro

2 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:
Well you need something to connect to when you do the os install, and if something goes wrong. And lots of boards need a gpu to boot.

Id be tempted to get the i5 for the extra cores if you running multple servers at once.

Actually, looks like the 9100 non-f is the cheapest high ranking CPU on the list

I guess it's worth the $40 investment then, epsecially since adding a Video card would be much more expansive

58 minutes ago, VxZ said:

Actually, looks like the 9100 non-f is the cheapest high ranking CPU on the list

I guess it's worth the $40 investment then, epsecially since adding a Video card would be much more expansive

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ASUS-Nvidia-GeForce-8400GS-512MD3-SL-DDR3-HDMI-DVI-Video-Graphics-Card/143569212969?epid=141827773&hash=item216d645629:g:SOUAAOSwZ3Jeg9Ax

Lower price and does the same job

My Rig: 

CPU: Intel i5 2500k 4 Cores, 4 Threads @ 4.5ghz ( asus uefi regulates BIOS and adjusts it, there is no manual option, so I can't get any higher than 4.5, but I theoretically should be able to get higher once I get a voltage "changeable" mobo

HDD: 500GB 3D MLC Samsung SSD ( soon ) + 2tb 7200rpm Seagate Constellation ES.2 SAS / LSI MegaRaid MR Raid/SAS Controller

PERIPHERALS: IBM Model M 1984, Logitech G703 Mouse, Logitech G502 Mouse, Philips SHP9500 w/ V-Moda Boom Pro hooked up to my Sony AMP ( forgot model name, to lazy to find out ) 

12 minutes ago, MS-DOS Guy said:

CPU is kinda overkill really for running a single server instance even with all those mods. I run a 80+ modpack server that literally only takes up a at maximum 15-20% cpu usage and that's when the server is at an all time high with player count rising in 15-20 players. Keep in mind the CPU running this server is a i5 2400. You don't need such a powerful CPU.

36 minutes ago, VxZ said:

I will be running like 1 Modpack and maybe 2 Vanillas (Maybbe If I'm about that life I might open another modpack at the same time, but probably a lighter version)

Also I could use it for other stuff such as storing, so its somewhat worth the investment

As I said, adding to that, I don't want any lag, but even if it's overkill, It's pretttty cheap especially for 100 bucks and for what I intend to use

Also, Wouldn't 300 mods be much more heavy than 80 mods and when players chunk load a lot (exploring)? as I said i will ran many instances at once (maybe maximum 4 just to be safe on the CPU cores)

edit: I love to be kinda overkill to be honest, I don't want my CPU to be at %99 usage all the time and %70- 80 would the best, especially with many machines and big stuff

12 minutes ago, MS-DOS Guy said:

Also I don't know how your going to setup Windows and use the server console ( unless it's remotely controlled ) if you don't have a GPU to display the system.

Ram would be the main priority here.

I'm still deciding, I thought about Ubuntu server but I don't think It will be easy for me to control and play with 4 server instances for me (im not used to linux and such) so probably I will be using windows server 2019

As for the GPU thing, it totally went over my head, but I changed the CPU to non-f so it should be good

57 minutes ago, VxZ said:

As I said, adding to that, I don't want any lag, but even if it's overkill, It's pretttty cheap especially for 100 bucks and for what I intend to use

Also, Wouldn't 300 mods be much more heavy than 80 mods and when players chunk load a lot (exploring)? as I said i will ran many instances at once (maybe maximum 4 just to be safe on the CPU cores)

I'm still deciding, I thought about Ubuntu server but I don't think It will be easy for me to control and play with 4 server instances for me (im not used to linux and such) so probably I will be using windows server 2019

As for the GPU thing, it totally went over my head, but I changed the CPU to non-f so it should be good

Like I said before, cheaper and does the same job. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ASUS-Nvidia-GeForce-8400GS-512MD3-SL-DDR3-HDMI-DVI-Video-Graphics-Card/143569212969?epid=141827773&hash=item216d645629:g:SOUAAOSwZ3Jeg9Ax
There's your GPU. 

My Rig: 

1 minute ago, MS-DOS Guy said:

I will look into that but probably will stick to the non-f CPU, it's better for me and my other usages, thanks for the suggestions tho

1 hour ago, MS-DOS Guy said:

Id personally stay awa from that due to the extra 15-20w it uses, worth it in power savings alone to get the 9100

1 hour ago, VxZ said:

edit: I love to be kinda overkill to be honest, I don't want my CPU to be at %99 usage all the time and %70- 80 would the best, especially with many machines and big stuff

Really, go linux, super simple and easy to use, and faster, and free, no reason not to. BUt if you go windows, just run windows 10, no reason to use windows server here.

WIth that many servers, and playing it at the same time, id get a faster cpu like a i5 9400

2 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Really, go linux, super simple and easy to use, and faster, and free, no reason not to. BUt if you go windows, just run windows 10, no reason to use windows server here.

yeah I tried ubuntu server [18.04] (which I didn't realize was bare bones command shell, I thought it was that system with ui and all) and I hooked it with my PC via FTP server & PuTTY, also installed some stuff such as openj9, added paths, (And I really enjoyed playing around it), it worked great for me (I tried it on amazon aws) but, I still have many functionally questions, such as how to run multiple instances and control them (because minecraft server console gets in the way of typing commands.. etc.) which im pretty sure I just need some tutorials and it will be easy, I will try to use it in the future but I might just stick to windows 

Oh and I wish it had the visual beauty (like monitoring resources usage for every server with smooth graphs with beautiful data)

9 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

WIth that many servers, and playing it at the same time, id get a faster cpu like a i5 9400

Don't worry about it, Pretty sure it can handle it, even if it doesn't I will just turn off some server instances since we will be focusing on one modpack most of the time, 

Thanks for the replies!

I think this is the best price/performance I can get for this build then:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i3-9100 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($124.99 @ Best Buy) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B365M DS3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($74.99 @ B&H) 
Memory: G.Skill Aegis 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory (cheapest ram and it's 3000, I mean why not)  ($64.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: HP EX900 120 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($34.99 @ Monoprice) 
Power Supply: EVGA 500 W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  ($40.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $340.94
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-01 22:54 EDT-0400

Oh just to make it clear, at first I didn't know I needed a GPU just to display windows and such, so thanks for that info, that would have caused wayyy too much trouble

Oh and I will check compatibility such as If I needed to update the mobo bios or not to use the I3 directly 

1 hour ago, VxZ said:

, I still have many functionally questions, such as how to run multiple instances and control them (because minecraft server console gets in the way of typing commands.. etc.)

use tmux if you want windows, or run in background

1 hour ago, VxZ said:

Oh and I wish it had the visual beauty (like monitoring resources usage for every server with smooth graphs with beautiful data)

lots of web utilities for that, grafana if you want to go hardcore, cockpit if you want simple